Thursday, November 22, 2018 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Multiversity!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Daredevil

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:26 pm

Just saw a quick promo for the new show on this weeks Agent Carter. With my enjoyment of both SHIELD and Agent Carter I'm even more looking forward to this show. Anyone else? Or does anyone want to tell me why I shouldn't like it. LOL!.

Mojo Ichiruto

Rain Partier

Postby Mojo Ichiruto » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:28 pm

Starlord wrote:Just saw a quick promo for the new show on this weeks Agent Carter. With my enjoyment of both SHIELD and Agent Carter I'm even more looking forward to this show. Anyone else? Or does anyone want to tell me why I shouldn't like it. LOL!.

Definitely looking forward to some Daredevil awesomeness!

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:32 pm

Great thing about Netflix is you get the entire season at once. I'm hoping The Defenders is coming by the end of the year.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Starlord wrote:I'm hoping The Defenders is coming by the end of the year.

I doubt it will be that early. I don't think that Jessica Jones or Luke Cage have even begun filming and there has been almost no information released about Iron Fist since the project was announced.

Still, I am extremely excited about Daredevil!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:38 pm

We are 30 minutes into this "Agent Carter" episode and it's a total fucking snooze-fest. Big let-down from the action-packed pilot.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:53 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:We are 30 minutes into this "Agent Carter" episode and it's a total fucking snooze-fest. Big let-down from the pilot.

I thought it was just me.

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm a couple hours away from the pilot being available for non-Hulu plus members on Hulu. So, hopefully I enjoy it.

Daredevil sounds awesome. When we were talking back in our podcast days, it's the one property that always seemed to be a good tv show match because you could mix in courtroom drama with super-hero hyjinx. Two great tastes and all that.

At the same time, it's always a bit scary when Marvel starts expanding their universe. You have to hope that everything is going to match up and that you aren't going to be closing avenues of exploration for future properties. It's been cool seeing characters like the Absorbing Man on Agents of SHIELD but it also made me sad that we probably won't see him fighting it out with Thor (since Absorbing Man originated in the Thor comic and originally had an origin linked to Loki-- and Absorbing Man is a serious contender that should give Thor a run for his money). So, it's fun seeing all of this come together but it's also SAD to see it come together. :smt102

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:50 pm

I can't wait for all these Netflix shows. I can't wait for Daredevil. The pictures have been awesome. The Luke Cage casting is awesome. I'm not sold on the Jessica Jones casting but I trust in Marvel Studios. Marvel Studios has more then earned my trust at this point. The one I'm most interested in is Iron Fist. I want to see how they pull that off.

gavincantdraw

cheese

Postby gavincantdraw » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:45 pm

I have Carter recorded. Should I get out of bed to dig for this DD promo?

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:59 am

gavincantdraw wrote:I have Carter recorded. Should I get out of bed to dig for this DD promo?

No there really wasn't that much to it, really. Just to large D's burning in the middle of the NYC grid down in Hells Kitchen.

I'm just geeked because it spotlights two of my favorite things. Matt Murdock and New York City. :-D

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:00 am

yeah I think this show is gonna be awesome I can't wait

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:52 am

Except for the Elektra Saga trade and the "Man With No Fear" mini by Frank Miller & JRJr, I have never really gotten into Daredevil, yet I'm really, really excited about this series. It's probably because we're getting more content than we would with a movie.

I never thought I'd see the day where I anticipated TV much, much more than movies.
Starlord wrote:I'm just geeked because it spotlights two of my favorite things. Matt Murdock and New York City. :-D
If you have Amazon Prime, you should check out Mozart in the Jungle (sex, drugs and the New York Symphony..?)

I don't mean to sound like a commercial.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:10 am

outsider wrote:Except for the Elektra Saga trade and the "Man With No Fear" mini by Frank Miller & JRJr, I have never really gotten into Daredevil, yet I'm really, really excited about this series. It's probably because we're getting more content than we would with a movie.

I never thought I'd see the day where I anticipated TV much, much more than movies.
If you have Amazon Prime, you should check out Mozart in the Jungle (sex, drugs and the New York Symphony..?)

I don't mean to sound like a commercial.

I don't but the hubby does so I will do just that. Sounds intriguing.

Supersoldier Washout

WTF is this rank?

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:15 am

Looking forward to all of the shows but it's Iron Fist I'm most interested in seeing. Not that I was a big fan of his but his origin and martial arts background will be interesting to see.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:41 pm

Starlord wrote:Just saw a quick promo for the new show on this weeks Agent Carter. With my enjoyment of both SHIELD and Agent Carter I'm even more looking forward to this show. Anyone else? Or does anyone want to tell me why I shouldn't like it. LOL!.

Super hyped!

I like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter but my expectations are way higher for the Netflix shows. These are proper super heroes now.

leave a comment with facebook