Tuesday, September 27, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "30 charges and no convictions."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Database Maintenance

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Psivage

FROGMAN

Postby Psivage » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:23 pm

i keep having to logged in each time.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:45 pm

The logging in thing should only be an issue when the site is taken down. I moved the sessions to memory so they're faster. That usually never happens, but since I was rebuilding the database, I shut it down a few times.

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:51 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:The logging in thing should only be an issue when the site is taken down. I moved the sessions to memory so they're faster. That usually never happens, but since I was rebuilding the database, I shut it down a few times.

I want my search back, or there will be blood.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm bringing back search, don't worry. Better search that works faster and also allows posting to work faster. :-D

I deleted the indexes on 2.5 million posts, so now I have to rebuild those indexes, either in Sphinx or in another database table. Haven't quite decided yet. I'm thinking Sphinx though.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Burn it! Burn it all! :smt074

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:38 pm

DO NOT delete my high score on Donkey Kong tho!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Hey, the site's been running great all day. No need to burn anything. :)

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:44 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Hey, the site's been running great all day. No need to burn anything. :)

Oh, there's always one. Who needs a reason? is what my old prof used to tell us in the old days, back in arson school.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:DO NOT delete my high score on Donkey Kong tho!

Oops first thing to go.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:46 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Oops first thing to go.

That's okay, I memorized the whole thing.

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:29 am

I can't navigate the forums without my new posts list!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPpppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneone

GiveWarAChance

PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:25 am

This wouldn't have happened to you guys if you got the $9.95 a month premium plan. Besides having no problems, it allows me to have five different accounts to post under and the ability to edit all of the posts you guys make. On my birthday the mawds all sing me happy birthday. I also got 5 near mint copies of NFL Superpro #4 just for signing up. What are you guys waiting for?

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 pm

leave a comment with facebook