Advertisement

Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers)

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Like the covers themselves (NOT the idea or implememntation)

Yes, they were great!
6
30%
 
IvCNuB4, oogy, Punchy, syxxpakk, The Shadow, xshane666x
Yes, they were good.
2
10%
 
Chesscub, GHERU
Neutral... didn't like nor dislike them.
3
15%
 
bkthomson, Draco x, Grayson
No, they weren't good.
5
25%
 
Chessack, eltopo, guitargod694, pastajoe, Stephen Day
No, they sucked!
4
20%
 
Chicanery, S.F. Jude Terror, Spektre, Zechs
 
Total votes : 20

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:59 pm

They'll never be in the dollar bin, unless you mean the 2D covers. There aren't enough to go around, and the people who buy them will hang onto them (or resell them).

you numbskulls are always stuck in the '90s, these (Joker's Daughter 3D) weren't made in numbers to end up in dollar bins. A few of the 3D covers were printed in bigger numbers, not this one. But they still won't be in dollar bins.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Jude, you could fund the rising costs of The Outhouse website if you would only abandon your stupid and worthless digital comics. How many Joker's Daughter 3D covers would it take to cover a year? $130x?

You could probably cover the whole year for a $20 investment.
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 44087
Likes: 154 posts
Liked in: 247 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Re: Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers

Postby Zechs » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:They'll never be in the dollar bin, unless you mean the 2D covers. There aren't enough to go around, and the people who buy them will hang onto them (or resell them).

you numbskulls are always stuck in the '90s, these (Joker's Daughter 3D) weren't made in numbers to end up in dollar bins. A few of the 3D covers were printed in bigger numbers, not this one. But they still won't be in dollar bins.


You're forgetting another key factor. After they melt they will. :P One trip to a convention? Darn heat will make those covers bend like they've never bended before.
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:04 pm

Zechs wrote:
After they melt they will. :smt013


Trashcan! :-D

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Zechs wrote:
You're forgetting another key factor. After they melt they will. :P One trip to a convention? Darn heat will make those covers bend like they've never bended before.


Reminds me of all the vinyl records (or vinyls, as the kids call 'em) sitting out in the sun at the flea markets.

adamiani
Snake On A Plane
 
Posts: 126
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 8 posts
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:55 pm


Re: Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers

Postby adamiani » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:25 pm

Yeah.
I hate the gimmick, and the idea, the mandatory DC art style, and the fact that like only three characters have visible feet (especially glaring on the Harley Quinn cover). But the quality of the 3d itself?

.... I've got to admit that was pretty impressive.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Some of them are kind of sharp in 3D, the same images look terrible in 2D though. I still have to admit, the thing I liked the most was having a real, substantially-thick cover stock instead of that wavy-gravy shit same-cover they usually do now.

I was kind of fascinated by the effects of lenticular 3D as a kid, they were all over in cracker jack or in mexican candle stores as plastic-framed Last Suppers and Black Jesuses.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:52 pm

I think I still have a Last Supper one, but Black Jesus was stolen at a party. One reason I don't have parties anymore.

Yeah, that's the reason. :cry:

misac
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35013
Likes: 236 posts
Liked in: 159 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:49 pm
Location: {nomultithumb}


Re: Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers

Postby misac » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Some of them are kind of sharp in 3D, the same images look terrible in 2D though. I still have to admit, the thing I liked the most was having a real, substantially-thick cover stock instead of that wavy-gravy shit same-cover they usually do now.

I was kind of fascinated by the effects of lenticular 3D as a kid, they were all over in cracker jack or in mexican candle stores as plastic-framed Last Suppers and Black Jesuses.


:lol:

I had some 3D Tazos (pogs) that came in chips. They sucked when you were playing though.
Image

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:17 pm

misac wrote:
:lol:

I had some 3D Tazos (pogs) that came in chips. They sucked when you were playing though.


I can imagine that texture being terrible for that!

The guy at the comic shop calls them corduroy comic books because on top of one another they make that vip-vip-vip-vip sound.

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 44087
Likes: 154 posts
Liked in: 247 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Re: Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers

Postby Zechs » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:08 pm

You know what the truly sad thing is? The Cyborg Superman is the most cheapest of the bunch proving not only what a crappy foil cover with an equally crappy story. WTF?! :smt013 :smt011
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Zechs wrote:You know what the truly sad thing is? The Cyborg Superman is the most cheapest of the bunch proving not only what a crappy foil cover with an equally crappy story. WTF?! :smt013 :smt011


Ugh I still have to get rid of one of those.

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18357
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 107 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Did you like DC's 3D covers? (NOT the idea... the covers

Postby Arion » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Zechs wrote:
You're forgetting another key factor. After they melt they will. :P One trip to a convention? Darn heat will make those covers bend like they've never bended before.


And thus the 3D horror cometh to an end.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 92 guests

Advertisement