Advertisement

Didio, Lee And Other DC'ers To Appear On "Face Off"

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Didio, Lee And Other DC'ers To Appear On

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 am

Yeah, most of them sucked and it was pretty obvious not even the judges went into it with any clear idea what a superhero is.

I will say the winning one was probably the best and did look well done unlike the rest of the costumes that looked thrown together the day before Halloween by a crafty mom.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 339 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:27 am

Like the chick who thought her creation Mercury Ray was cool because she had a cape and "undies on the outside" ? That shows what non-comic readers think superheroes are about.
Or unless she is Nacireman's sister :P

Robot Girl (groanworthy name aside) looked good in the sketches but in real-life looked like a mess.
Silver Sight looked good in person ..maybe too many colors though.

The Infernal Core really did have the best makeup
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:48 am

What did the Wolverine-face guy they kicked off say his character could do? "Suck up plagues that are around and throw them back at people" or something like that? :)

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 104 posts

Postby misac » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Yeah, most of them sucked and it was pretty obvious not even the judges went into it with any clear idea what a superhero is.

I will say the winning one was probably the best and did look well done unlike the rest of the costumes that looked thrown together the day before Halloween by a crafty mom.

Yeah, there were some cool looking ones but they'd make lame super heroes.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 134 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Eric F's shadowlike pulp detective character should have won in my opinion. :smt102

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Speaking of Face Off...

Kind of face off Herald would like to see happen to Didio.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 339 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:44 pm

Found a scan of a page from JLD #16

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:36 am

There were some great ideas, but man were they poorly executed. Can no one do a smooth surface?
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 384 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:15 am

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 384 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:16 am

Just saw the episode.

They credited all the artists except JH Williams III.
Some of those (on paper designs) were cool looking. I personally liked the art for the Plague guy the best but...
With very few exceptions none of them were remotely super-heroes, hell most of their origins were nothing more than Darkman revenge based (including the winner).
Of the final products I liked bird girl the best (but only because she was the most super-heroey of them all).

When I think of Super-Heroes, I generally think of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Spider-Man, etc. Albeit they are all costume and no make up. So in the spirit of this show, making the costume secondary to the appearance I'd think of the Thing, the Hulk, Vision, Cyborg, J'Onn, etc. None of these have blood and gore as a theme. Jim Lee even said at the beginning, that bright primary colors make the super-hero.

Anyways, this was my first time watching the show all the way through (thinking the DC guys and gals were going to be judging). Pretty sure it's my last too.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:20 am

Amoebas wrote:Just saw the episode.

They credited all the artists except JH Williams III.
Some of those (on paper designs) were cool looking. I personally liked the art for the Plague guy the best but...
With very few exceptions none of them were remotely super-heroes, hell most of their origins were nothing more than Darkman revenge based (including the winner).
Of the final products I liked bird girl the best (but only because she was the most super-heroey of them all).

When I think of Super-Heroes, I generally think of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Spider-Man, etc. Albeit they are all costume and no make up. So in the spirit of this show, making the costume secondary to the appearance I'd think of the Thing, the Hulk, Vision, Cyborg, J'Onn, etc. None of these have blood and gore as a theme. Jim Lee even said at the beginning, that bright primary colors make the super-hero.

Anyways, this was my first time watching the show all the way through (thinking the DC guys and gals were going to be judging). Pretty sure it's my last too.

I agree with both the point that most were Darkman/horror-types, and that could have been another episode. Superheroes they ain't. Very few of them delivered what their "customer" (the DC people
) wanted. And I was also disappointed that they didn't judge the comp.

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 308 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Amoebas wrote:Jim Lee even said at the beginning, that bright primary colors make the super-hero.

"That, and lines.
Lots and LOTS of lines."

:P

herohasnat
Faster Pussycat

Liked in: 0 post

Spetial Effect of Makeup

Postby herohasnat » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:30 am

Hey,
I have observed your post on the challenge to create their own Super Heroes.There was also Cliff Chiang (WONDER WOMAN), Tony S. Daniel (ACTION COMICS), David Finch (BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT), Nicola Scott (EARTH 2) and J.H. Williams, III (BAT WOMAN).
We have many artist of Special Makeup effect.I have also a smart Makeup project through online and local basis that is relevant with your topics is

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:31 am

:lol: :lol:

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 324 posts

Re: Didio, Lee And Other DC'ers To Appear On "Face Off"

Postby Draco x » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:17 am

Zechs wrote:Until DC editorial steps in and deems the design not extreme enough and removes it from JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #16 at the last minute.

Or better yet, I get the feeling the winning character will end up as cannon fodder after a few issues.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum