Friday, August 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Good enough for government work!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:07 pm

PDH wrote:
I think I'm still really confused about this episode. If River is Amy's daughter then shouldn't she have known all about the opening episodes while they were going on? She was shooting at herself during the Doctor's death. Also, does this mean that River can regenerate?


She did know. She was shooting but not hitting anything.. she even said "of course" when she wasn't hitting anything, despite being only like.. 10 feet away. For a supposed good shot.

But she knew time is set, and what happened had to happen the way it happened for whatever reason.

And maybe she can't. We already saw her death and she didn't.. but we only saw the little girl regenerate. So maybe it's not a full on Time Lord thing, maybe there's a limit to the time energy within her? Or maybe something happened when she got older? There's practically a lifetime of her history we don't know.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
I don't know that Amy's daughter was in the astronaut suit. Exactly who was in the suit when the Doctor was killed was never shown.


Right.. because to show it at that point would've given the little girl part away, before we even knew there was a little girl.

But all the clues are there.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:24 pm

I'm here sometimes wrote:
Right.. because to show it at that point would've given the little girl part away, before we even knew there was a little girl.

But all the clues are there.


I'm still thinking who was in the suit wasn't shown because it'll turn out that somebody else is, or was depending upon your point of view, in the suit.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:54 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I'm still thinking who was in the suit wasn't shown because it'll turn out that somebody else is, or was depending upon your point of view, in the suit.


I doubt it. Everything has basically played out like predicted so far in regards to River.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Wow! Loved it!

Is it September yet?
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:00 pm

that was a great episode. Loved seeing the space pirates again.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:03 pm

Also.. everyone complaining about the Doctor killing the Amy ganger - so much for that. She wasn't "alive" afterall.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:37 am

I really, really love Moffat.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:42 am

At the very beginning, we see baby Melody's name and vitals on her crib. Since Amy had free access to the room she should have been used to the 'TARDIS translating' the language there. So why did it take so long for her read the napkin thing?

By the way - my wife "Melody" loves the baby's name and wonders that when they find her, they'll change her name to River.
User avatar

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:58 am

Liked it a lot, though I wish there was more strategy to taking the base- that part wasn't terribly exciting.

Best next episode title ever.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:34 am

From Bleeding Cool:

"Here’s a particularly stupid theory. If we take “The Doctor” to be the Doctor’s name – even if it is in the form of a title no doubt meaning something deep and Gallifreyan – perhaps our earthly use of the word “doctor” meaning healer or wise man is direct result of the Doctor’s multiple interventions in our history as a healer and wise man. In other words, we got it from him. This is a very silly idea and I’m consequently rather proud of it. -Steven Moffat, Jan 1995, rec.arts.doctor.who"
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:47 am

The above quote reminds me of a Geoff John's letter page entry many years back where he suggested Superboy was a clone of Superman and Lex Luthor. The editor scoffed his suggestion and years later Johns made it reality.

Anyways - wasn't the original definition of "doctor" more teacher than healer?

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:22 pm

User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Why did they cut the season in half like this? :x Love the title to the next episode. :lol:

A lot more questions were raised but it was still a great episode.

They need to do a show with the human and lizard women. They were really cool.

skywatcher

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby skywatcher » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:23 pm

misac wrote:Why did they cut the season in half like this?

To (hopefully) bring Who to the larger audience of the Autumn TV schedule.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], Johnnie Torch, MSNbot Media and 21 guests