Sunday, July 24, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Those who arrive survive. Maybe."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:21 pm

She was on the Late Late Show a couple of days ago.

Sunless

crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Couple weeks time in Melbourne I get to meet Davison, C, Baker, McCoy, McGann, Nick Briggs and Janet Fielding!

I'm pretty amped up especially since Peter Davison is my fave Doctor.

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:30 pm

Amoebas wrote:Let the 50th party begin...

So sad, in such an important year, that that bimbo is seen as the face of the franchise.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:35 pm

The Bass wrote:So sad, in such an important year, that that bimbo is seen as the face of the franchise.

I'll admit that I am not as instantly fond of her as everyone else seems to be but why is she a bimbo? :smt102

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Grayson wrote:
I'll admit that I am not as instantly fond of her as everyone else seems to be but why is she a bimbo? :smt102

Trust me, I'm not "instantly fond of her either". A useless character, played by a terrible actress, ruining whatever goodwill the show had left with me. Admittedly, I was going to struggle no matter who replaced Rory and Amy, but to make their replacement so vapid and idiotic, and played by an actress so awful, I'm fairly sure I'm done with the show.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:57 pm

The Bass wrote:Trust me, I'm not "instantly fond of her either". A useless character, played by a terrible actress, ruining whatever goodwill the show had left with me. Admittedly, I was going to struggle no matter who replaced Rory and Amy, but to make their replacement so vapid and idiotic, and played by an actress so awful, I'm fairly sure I'm done with the show.

To each their own I guess. Like I said, I'm not exactly fond of the character yet but "The Snowmen" did a better job of making me interested in her character than "Asylum of the Daleks." At this point, I don't think that anybody has seen enough of the character to assume that she's useless though. Clearly they have plans for her character and clearly those plans are a big part of the remainder of the current series/season. I still miss Rory and Amy, especially because I didn't feel that their exit provided an appropriate amount of closure but I'll give this new companion a chance.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:55 pm

misac wrote:She was on the Late Late Show a couple of days ago.

Watched it last night. Better interviewee than Gillan ever was.

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:42 pm

misac wrote:She was on the Late Late Show a couple of days ago.

Was she as boring and un-interested in taking part as when she was on the Last Leg a few weeks back?

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:44 am

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:45 am

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm

That was a pretty good episode.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
I like that the Great Intelligence is going to be the big bad fro the rest of the season. It adds to the sense that the three Claras are all connected.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:04 pm

Loved this.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:34 pm

Ok, so far I have read the first three 50th anniversary eshorts and I have been pleasantly surprised. These have been my first exposure to doctors one to three and they have peaked my interest in them a lot. So for I liked the third doctor story the best followed by two.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm

I was so sick of Rory and Amy by the end of last season. It was great to have a different dynamic of the doctor and a new companion, even though he had to explain the TARDIS and the rest of it to her.

The plot was kind of standard stuff.

leave a comment with facebook