Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby doombug » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:00 pm

The nod to Amy and Rory was a bit odd.

Really liked this episode and I really love Oswin's personality. Can't wait to see where they take the rest of the season.

Advertisement

Sunless
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: THE Sunless

Postby Sunless » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:25 pm

I thought it was decent. A good start and I loves me some Great Intelligence.

Though another modern day female companion? REEEEEEEALY? At least this one is better that Amy Pond.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:54 am

good ep, enjoyed it. the setup to the great intelligence reveal was good too.

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby David Bird » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:49 pm

A fun, smartly moving episode. I am not that familiar with the original series, but from what I understand the Great Intelligence in this episode was more like the original (more menacing, etc).

So far the most important event in the new series has been the Time War, which happened between the end of the original series and the beginning of the new one. I'd like to see something important happen during the 50th anniversary and if I could have my pick it would be to some how lift the weight of the war off the doctor.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 pm

David Bird wrote:A fun, smartly moving episode. I am not that familiar with the original series, but from what I understand the Great Intelligence in this episode was more like the original (more menacing, etc).

So far the most important event in the new series has been the Time War, which happened between the end of the original series and the beginning of the new one. I'd like to see something important happen during the 50th anniversary and if I could have my pick it would be to some how lift the weight of the war off the doctor.

I believe that was RTD's baby which is why he finally resolved it in the End of Time.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 287 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:17 pm

David Bird wrote:A fun, smartly moving episode. I am not that familiar with the original series, but from what I understand the Great Intelligence in this episode was more like the original (more menacing, etc).

It really doesn't get discussed that much anymore. I'd have to say that the weight of it is as much off of his shoulders as it's ever going to be.

Thank you Troy for the sig

NotSuitableForHumans
Peanut

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The One Who Knocks
Formerly: SirCinematic

Postby NotSuitableForHumans » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:02 pm

I thought it was nice episode. Not the best of course, but it had some good moments. I love Oswin, have since her first experience. I hope she keeps up that uppity mixture of cleverness and sassy as she did with her other two lives.

Can't wait to see how the next few episodes play out.

Most Wanted UV Codes (BluRay / HDX):
*Also accepting any and all unwanted anime codes in BluRay/HDX.

Help in Need: http://www.gofundme.com/BrandonsDebt

Sunless
crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:26 pm

The fanboy in me always wanted to see McGann regenerate. But sadly it'd mean seeing him turn into Eccleston.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:30 pm

Good episode. Not sure I like the new look of the Tardis, though. Clara is going to be a great companion I think.

Having started with the 9th Doctor I think I may go ahead and download all the old episodes, so I can get an idea of who this Great Intelligence is. Plus it'd be cool to see all the other Doctors and everything.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:02 am

You just need the 2nd Doctor for the Great Intelligence, I think.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Postby doombug » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:06 am

Sunless wrote:
The fanboy in me always wanted to see McGann regenerate. But sadly it'd mean seeing him turn into Eccleston.

I just want to see McGann's doctor in general again. The man was a very fun Doctor in a very bad movie.

Sunless
crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:13 am

MistaT wrote:Good episode. Not sure I like the new look of the Tardis, though. Clara is going to be a great companion I think.

Having started with the 9th Doctor I think I may go ahead and download all the old episodes, so I can get an idea of who this Great Intelligence is. Plus it'd be cool to see all the other Doctors and everything.

Sadly the Abominable Snowmen and the Web Of Fear largely don't exist anymore. Snowmen has I think one episode left out of 6 as does Web Of Fear.

You can watch the missing stories or whats left of them in the Lost in Time DVD.

Also you can listen to them. Linking narration is done by Fraser Hines for both those classics. The audio soundtrack might not be the same, but they work very well indeed.

Sunless
crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:16 am

doombug wrote:I just want to see McGann's doctor in general again. The man was a very fun Doctor in a very bad movie.

Yep I get to meet him this Friday cannot wait.

I'd love him back on TV as well, but that might never happen. Have you ever been to http://www.bigfinish.com ? They do Doctor Who audio dramas featuring Doctors 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

It might not be TV, but its Paul McGann playing the Doctor and he is great.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 52 posts

Postby misac » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I was so sick of Rory and Amy by the end of last season. It was great to have a different dynamic of the doctor and a new companion, even though he had to explain the TARDIS and the rest of it to her.

The plot was kind of standard stuff.

I really liked it but it did feel a little been there done that having to introduce a new companion. Now that that’s out of the way I have really high hopes for the rest of the season.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:16 pm

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum