Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 481 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:34 am

I liked the overall tone of this week's episode. The mystery of the "ghost woman" was a decent twist although once the Doctor rescued her she was just a background prop. I would have rather found out more about her or what impact her presence had than discover the goofy love story of the alien :?
Last edited by IvCNuB4 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Advertisement

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 42 posts

Postby David Bird » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:52 am

I liked the episode and wasn't bothered by the dual love stories at the end. A particularly liked that it brought the mystery of Clara to the forefront, even if it didn't address it at all. That said, if it isn't addressed soon, if Clara doesn't sit the Doctor down and insist on a full explanation, I'll be disappointed.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 558 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re:

Postby Amoebas » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:15 am

nietoperz wrote:The Timewar Master can't be John Simm, no. Though I doubt we'll ever actually see a story set during that time.

From this Saturday's episode...

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 212 posts

Postby misac » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:20 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:I liked the overall tone of this week's episode. The mystery of the "ghost woman" was a decent twist although once the Doctor rescued her she was just a background prop. I would have rather found out more about her or what impact her presence had than discover the goofy love story of the alien :?

I really liked the twist and would like to see what happen with her.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1086 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: Re:

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Amoebas wrote:
From this Saturday's episode...

:smt026
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Love Clara. Love the new control room. Still loving the show and want more. :-D
I also loved the retcon with the Ice Warriors. Being a fan who came in with the Jon Pertwee Doctor, it is a must to see them visited again.

Cannot wait to see the anniversary special as well as the new version of the Cybermen.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 110 posts

Postby PDH » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:48 am

Cat-Scratch wrote:Love Clara. Love the new control room. Still loving the show and want more. :-D
I also loved the retcon with the Ice Warriors. Being a fan who came in with the Jon Pertwee Doctor, it is a must to see them visited again.

Cannot wait to see the anniversary special as well as the new version of the Cybermen.

Hey, Cat. When did you get back?

I thought the guy doing the voice for the Ice Warrior sounded awesome.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:15 am

PDH wrote:
Hey, Cat. When did you get back?

I thought the guy doing the voice for the Ice Warrior sounded awesome.

I just came back mid week.

I agree, classic Ice Warrior with something more. I love it when the new run brings back the classic stuff with something added. In this case the Ice Warriors were more fleshed out with their culture, history and well... flesh.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 481 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:34 am

Last night's ep was good. I wasn't aware that there were other sections/levels/whatever to the TARDIS. I figured out that the red-eyed alien chasing Clarawas Clara but the others were a decent twist.
I'm glad that the Doctor has already addressed to Clara the mystery of who/what she is.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 558 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:12 am

Loved seeing more of the TARDIS. Things like the Encyclopedia Gallifrey were great (although I couldn't tell what was being said)(unlike when the console room was being salvaged where I clearly heard Susan, 3rd Doctor & Amy - but not the rest).

"The History of the Time War" & Amy's handmade TARDIS were also welcome, but I left the episode wanting to see more stuff.

The story was hit and miss. The android who's really a human story was done much better in Timberwolf's first appearance (Adventure #327). The time altered lava creatures looked cool but their story just didn't work for me. Clara finally hearing about her 'mystery' was long past due, but as this story was retconned away - it never happened.

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 110 posts

Postby PDH » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:38 pm

Amoebas wrote:Clara finally hearing about her 'mystery' was long past due, but as this story was retconned away - it never happened.

Yeah, that bothered me. I suppose they did explain why he can't just tell her: he's worried that she's another Amy Pond/River Song-style trap and doesn't want to tip her off.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Amoebas wrote:Clara finally hearing about her 'mystery' was long past due, but as this story was retconned away - it never happened.

PDH wrote:Yeah, that bothered me. I suppose they did explain why he can't just tell her: he's worried that she's another Amy Pond/River Song-style trap and doesn't want to tip her off.

I concur with you PDH, it was a lame thing to do.

Funny thing is, I was starting to wonder during the episode, some silly things that could be interesting if done right.

What if Clara is Susan?
Or
What if Clara is the Doctor's daughter?
Or
What if Clara is a new form of Time Lord?
Or
What if Clara is a Tardis in human form?
Or
What if Clara is a Time Lord trap left by the Time Lords?
Or
What if Clara is a cute sexy girl that makes us all want to hear her say "Doctor Who?" a lot? Oh and "clever boy."?

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:46 pm

Watching this new episode. More a tribute to set designers than anything else. Other than that, it was kind of dumb that the doctor put the tardis at so much risk for so little.

Tired of Smith's spasmodic antics, please regenerate soon.

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 42 posts

Postby David Bird » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:32 pm

Cat-Scratch: I like your first idea most.

I enjoyed the episode and hope to see more of the Tardis in the future. I thought the parallel between the 'android' and his brothers and the Doctor and Clara was interesting. Is the Doctor being cruel by not telling her?

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:27 am

David Bird wrote:Cat-Scratch: I like your first idea most.

I enjoyed the episode and hope to see more of the Tardis in the future. I thought the parallel between the 'android' and his brothers and the Doctor and Clara was interesting. Is the Doctor being cruel by not telling her?

It just popped up as she walked through the Tardis in the one scene. Something there made me think of that. Since so much of late has been nostalgia...

I liked seeing that they changed the interior again since Amy and Rory ran through it. Hated those corridors then. Still, I miss the classic look of the Baker/Post Baker period. Also, now I'm wondering if they've changed things back with the Eye of Harmony. Before it was, and apparently now, that it is the Tardis' power source. Though during the Eccleston/Tennant era they had it fueling on the time rift. I prefer what we got in this episode.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum