Saturday, October 20, 2018 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not ComicBook.com!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Colin Baker played a different character in earlier episodes too. We dealt with it without any reported fan suicides over it.

LoganRSA

FROGMAN

Postby LoganRSA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:20 pm

I love this choice. :smt026

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Companions that have been on the show before don't bother me as I can easily dismiss it as two distantly related people in two separate time periods. It's not implausible that distant relations will have similar facial features. It's a lot harder to get into that thought when it comes to the Doctor himself for obvious reason.

Martha Jones appeared in the same time period as Freema Agyeman's previous role, where she worked for Torchwood in the Cybermen two-parter the previous year. :P

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Colin Baker played a different character in earlier episodes too. We dealt with it without any reported fan suicides over it.

Who said I'm claiming there's going to be anywhere near that level of a problem. :lol:

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Chris wrote:
Martha Jones appeared in the same time period as Freema Agyeman's previous role, where she worked for Torchwood in the Cybermen two-parter the previous year. :P

Still distant relations and still easily dismissed for that reason. :smt102

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Still distant relations and still easily dismissed for that reason. :smt102

Yeah, the next Season when Martha appeared as fast as they could called out her role in the previous season as her cousin.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Now you see what I meant?

I already figured what you were saying. All I know is that Moffat, Davies, and company made it clear by that subtitle that Hurt counts, so I am very interested in how it will play out.

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:51 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Who said I'm claiming there's going to be anywhere near that level of a problem. :lol:

You just seem prone to hysterics sometimes, Stephen, so in light of being unable to administer a light sedative via hypodermic, I was just trying to calm you down with a little good old-fashioned sarcasm.

You see? There, it worked.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:55 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
You just seem prone to hysterics sometimes, Stephen, so in light of being unable to administer a light sedative via hypodermic, I was just trying to calm you down with a little good old-fashioned sarcasm.

You see? There, it worked.

Hysterical!!!! :smt013

Hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt013

YOU'RE SAYING THAT I GET HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Nurse! We need a 20cc syringe of 80% distilled sarcasm, stat!

Garofani Spruzzo

Rain Partier

Postby Garofani Spruzzo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:12 pm

thefourthman wrote:I already figured what you were saying. All I know is that Moffat, Davies, and company made it clear by that subtitle that Hurt counts, so I am very interested in how it will play out.

If you're saying you're gonna wait and see what happens, then I'm with you there. To me, it's a bit more exciting than Who has been lately to have the Time War and the other Timelords possibly even back in the picture, in flashback if nothing else, and to see Hurt do his thing.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Colin Baker played a different character in earlier episodes too. We dealt with it without any reported fan suicides over it.

Well, there was that one fan that threatened suicide if Colin Baker continued beyond three years in that costume. :lol: :wink:

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Well, there was that one fan that threatened suicide if Colin Baker continued beyond three years in that costume. :lol: :wink:

I explained to the authorities that I wasn't actually serious when I wrote that letter. :oops:

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Chris wrote:I wonder if this means they'll get another younger companion to go with Clara?

NOOO!!!! I want her around for a while longer! No one else, just her and the Doctor.

I hate it when they go over board and bog the Doctor down with too many.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:32 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I explained to the authorities that I wasn't actually serious when I wrote that letter. :oops:

:shock:

I didn't know we went to the same high school and that you're a Filipino! :o

leave a comment with facebook