Tuesday, September 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:08 pm

thefourthman wrote:The problem with your argument, PDH, is that from all the material in specials and behind the scenes stuff, it is very obvious that Moffat is a fan and very concerned with the legacy of the show.

I don't see how that suggests that he feels the need to address this. He might do - I'll repeat that I'm not saying he won't - but if he does it will be because he's found an interesting angle (like how Smith 'died' in the Impossible Astronaut and the season was about how he got out of that). It won't be out of a sense of obligation because he isn't obliged to solve a problem most of the audience don't even know about.

RTD's flippant response in SJA was his way of dealing with it and I would say that he was at least as big a fan as Moffat. It has been a guiding principle of the new show that they don't get bogged down in residual continuity issues from the original series.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Yesss!!!

Seasons 1-4 on bluray finally! Expensive... $314 on amazon for the 1-7 set, but worth it. I really hated not being able to have Eccleston and Tennant on bluray

Comes out in November.

For the first time ever, BBC Home Entertainment is collecting the complete new Doctor Who together on Blu-ray plus an amazing assortment of additional items, including the completely unique Doctor Who Universal Remote Control Sonic Screwdriver. The collection includes Series 1-4, featuring Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston and Tenth Doctor David Tennant, making their Blu-ray debut in newly remastered versions at full 1080p high definition, plus the David Tennant Specials collection and Series 5-7 featuring Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith, also on 1080p high definition Blu-ray. All the bonus features from the previous releases are included, as is a bonus disc with three new-to-Blu-ray specials: The Brit List's Ultimate Doctor Who List of Lists; The Best of the Christmas Specials; and the full 90-minute Doctor Who at the Proms, newly remastered with 5.1 Surround Sound.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Chris wrote:Image

Yesss!!!

Seasons 1-4 on bluray finally! Expensive... $314 on amazon for the 1-7 set, but worth it. I really hated not being able to have Eccleston and Tennant on bluray

Comes out in November.

:shock:

My fiancé is going to hate me this year when she receives my Christmas list...

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:22 pm

So I'm surprised no one's talking about the promotional shots of the new Doctor and the Tardis. The Tardis is a little darker than what it looked like during Smith's run and the Doc lost the bow tie but gained a Bowler Derby. 8)

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:23 pm

Now would be a good time to post said pics.

(hint, hint)

I'm too lazy to go look for them.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Chris wrote:Now would be a good time to post said pics.

(hint, hint)

I'm too lazy to go look for them.

nevermind, was just told it was a photoshopped piece. :evil:

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:54 pm

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/08/ea ... 23008.html

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:04 am

syxxpakk wrote:http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/08/earls-court-tardis-130813223008.html

That's awesome!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:01 am

syxxpakk wrote:http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/08/earls-court-tardis-130813223008.html

Very cool

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:47 am

ditto'd

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:13 pm

:-D

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:34 am

So someone has leaked the trailer finally? :smt102

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:04 am

doombug wrote:So someone has leaked the trailer finally? :smt102

No they aired something.. clips or a trailer or somerhing, at some festival in the UK.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:38 am

Lost the link but apparently Moffat confirmed that Capaldi's Doctor was the 'last' regeneration.

NOW it's OK to speculate. :P

leave a comment with facebook