Monday, September 26, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Comics: we give a crap!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:You guys are making hope too much.

Not really, if all of the Doctors are used, then cool, but if not and the story is still good, why worry about what might have beens.

Enjoy what it is that you have. Based on everything broadcast so far, there's no good reason to assume I won't enjoy it.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Not really, if all of the Doctors are used, then cool, but if not and the story is still good, why worry about what might have beens.

Enjoy what it is that you have. Based on everything broadcast so far, there's no good reason to assume I won't enjoy it.

I am looking forward to it. I want to see John Hurt as The Doctor... uhhh, that is not The Doctor. Also... seeing Tennant again as The Doctor is sweet.

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
I've been a fan since Pertwee was the Doctor and I still get a mix of joy and depression with the changes. :oops:

Each is sad as we see a Doctor go, but we get a new one to enjoy.

Colin Baker's wasn't sad, just embarrassing and a relief he was gone. :lol:

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
It's possible that McGann's Doctor will be there, just not McGann. There are incarnations of the Doctor that were shown in the trailer who won't be played by the actual actors due to various reasons.

What if John Hurt is the 8th Doctor?

Tennant's Doctor was artificially aged before so maybe the effects of the Time War somehow messed with McGann's aging process.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Amoebas wrote:What if John Hurt is the 8th Doctor?

Tennant's Doctor was artificially aged before so maybe the effects of the Time War somehow messed with McGann's aging process.

That's an interesting thought.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Lord Ice wrote:
Colin Baker's wasn't sad, just embarrassing and a relief he was gone. :lol:

Owww.

You are right in that it was embarrassing, but the only relied was that clown costume was gone. He was fine once the writers worked with him. Which sadly was only at the end of his run.

Sylvester was awesome fun.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Stephen Day wrote:That's an interesting thought.

It is interesting, but I don't think so since the 8th was shown. I imagine that he was a result of an injury during the war or maybe prior or perhaps a forced and therefore also perhaps... perhaps... perhaps... needle stuck.... an extra life.

I don't for all of you, but like McGann, Hurt is going to be a Doctor I'll end up feeling I missed and is more lost to us then the lost episodes.

But that is an interesting idea that you gave Amoebas. An effect of the Time War of some sort.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:38 pm

Hurt is between 8 and 9. His look combines both of their looks. Note that he is wearing 9's leather jacket.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:13 pm

Feeling stressed?

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm more stressed now than I was before.

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:38 pm

Or perhaps its McGann's Doctor and he has simply aged, having lived a long time before before regenerating? Though I personally suspect he is some sort of valeyard, but, really, its less than three weeks before we get the answer and I'm ready to just sit tight.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:39 pm

bkthomson wrote:I'm more stressed now than I was before.

Love it!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:51 pm

nietoperz wrote:Feeling stressed?

Yeah, I've seen that before.

It's amusing. :)

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Look what arrived today

First time ever on blu-ray for S1-4.