Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 34497
Likes: 460 posts
Liked in: 280 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Online


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Cat, didn't you try to tell me yesterday that there wasn't going to be much of a debate? :lol:
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 66080
Likes: 558 posts
Liked in: 366 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:52 pm

You really got to take Chris off ignore.

He agrees with me. So no debate. I win! :P
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 34497
Likes: 460 posts
Liked in: 280 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Online


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Chris wrote:
Well, the characters don't call themselves by the numbers. That's for the fans to differentiate between the various incarnations.

I don't think there is an "officially" in that case. It's up to the fans.

I'm perfectly fine referring to Hurt as 9 from now on. I don't care if it confuses anyone. :D


I have no problem with you doing what you want. All I'm saying is that I think that most of fandom will follow the BBC's lead.
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 34497
Likes: 460 posts
Liked in: 280 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Online


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:You really got to take Chris off ignore.

He agrees with me. So no debate. I win! :P


Considering that the BBC itself is on my side, I think that trumps Chris being on your's. :P
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41347
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 35 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I have no problem with you doing what you want. All I'm saying is that I think that most of fandom will follow the BBC's lead.



From a quick glance around the net, I'm not seeing that at all. :D
Image

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 66080
Likes: 558 posts
Liked in: 366 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Stephen Day does not like change. Whole dollars yes, but not change. :P

What was I talking about? :smt017
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 34497
Likes: 460 posts
Liked in: 280 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Online


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Chris wrote:

From a quick glance around the net, I'm not seeing that at all. :D


From the biggest Dr Who Wiki:

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/War_Doctor

Also from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Doctor

Most of the major sites that fans use for reference are calling John Hurt's Doctor the War Doctor, not the Ninth Doctor and haven't changed the numbering for any of the other Doctors. Add that to what seems to be the BBC's officiall position and it's going to have an influence over time on most of the fan base. I simply can't see it being a fight that most of fandom will see being worth fighting.
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

syxxpakk
User avatar

Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12625
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 110 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Cause, he is officially the 9th as he turned into Eccleston and was turned into from McGann. :P


To play Devil's Advocate, we don't know who he turned into since it cutaway :twisted:
Image

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.


@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41347
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 35 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
From the biggest Dr Who Wiki:

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/War_Doctor

Also from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Doctor

Most of the major sites that fans use for reference are calling John Hurt's Doctor the War Doctor, not the Ninth Doctor and haven't changed the numbering for any of the other Doctors. Add that to what seems to be the BBC's officiall position and it's going to have an influence over time on most of the fan base. I simply can't see it being a fight that most of fandom will see being worth fighting.

I'm talking about forums, and actual fan interaction. Not wikipedia. :lol:
Image

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41347
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 35 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:15 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
To play Devil's Advocate, we don't know who he turned into since it cutaway :twisted:


Yes, we do. We saw the eyes.
Image

Stephen Day
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 34497
Likes: 460 posts
Liked in: 280 posts
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Canada
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja


Online


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Stephen Day does not like change. Whole dollars yes, but not change. :P

What was I talking about? :smt017


I don't mind change, I like change, but I also like clarity. The War Doctor being called the Ninth Doctor leads to a lack of clarity, and I don't think it's a good idea as a result.
Image

Thank you Troy for the sig

syxxpakk
User avatar

Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 12625
Likes: 49 posts
Liked in: 110 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 pm
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:17 pm

Chris wrote:
Yes, we do. We saw the eyes.


Eyes are not a face. But of course that's who he changed into.
Image

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.


@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

The Old Doctor
User avatar
A Damn Cuddly Beast
 
Posts: 66080
Likes: 558 posts
Liked in: 366 posts
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ONT, Canadah
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:21 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
Eyes are not a face. But of course that's who he changed into.


Got no human grace your eyes without a face.... Oh, wait, you weren't singing that Billy Idol tune.. :oops:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

Image
IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41347
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 35 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:22 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
Eyes are not a face. But of course that's who he changed into.


The eyes are pretty distinctly Eccleston's.
Image

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41347
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 35 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
I don't mind change, I like change, but I also like clarity. The War Doctor being called the Ninth Doctor leads to a lack of clarity, and I don't think it's a good idea as a result.


The War Doctor came after the 8th Doctor. That makes him the 9th Doctor. Seems clear to me. :D
Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 44 guests

Advertisement