Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Grayson wrote:
"Mister Doctor" :lol:

BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!

Loved it. Forgot I was watching it here and copied the embed cost so I could post it in this thread!

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 581 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:16 pm

syxxpakk wrote:BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!

Loved it. Forgot I was watching it here and copied the embed cost so I could post it in this thread!

:lol: I've done that a time or two when I have been watching videos here. :oops:

"Now seriously, go back and save Amy." 8)
ImageImageImage

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 226 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:05 pm

Is it December 25th yet?

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Is it just me, or has Smith's style gotten progressively older looking as he went on? He started out wearing the suspenders and a coat... but now he's been wearing these more old man looking things.

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby David Bird » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Amoebas wrote:Image

Is it December 25th yet?

Nope. And there won't be anything good on til then.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 92 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
No, I like him, just not as much as others. This is in part do to the serials but also that he just did not have all the other trappings as the others had due to his being the first.

An alternate way of ranking them for myself -

Tom Baker, Jon Pertwee
Patrick Troughton, David Tennant, Sylvester McCoy, Matt Smith, Paul McGann, John Hurt, Peter Davison
Colin Baker
Christopher Eccleston, William Hartnell

Eccleston's rank has a bit to do with how dark the season was, how dark he was but also what an ass he is in real life towards the role.
Plus, coming in with Pertwee and the rest of the classic, makes him the hardest one, other than Peter Cushing, to accept. Hartnell is too cantankerous for me, though the giggling sometimes worked, it at times got on my nerves. It's like... like... Zechs as an old man...

That said, I have a friend who's fav Doctor is Hartnell as that was the first Doctor he saw as a kid and got hooked on.

Oh OK.
I can't really make a list because I've only seen Tennant and Smith.

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby David Bird » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:56 pm

My favorite is Matt Smith. Of the others, I've only seen Hurt, McGann (in the minisode), Tennant, Eccleston, amd a little Troughton, and Hartnell. I liked what I saw, but not enough to really rank them. I've all of the revived series, though.

Smith was my first Doctor. For years people had been telling me I'd enjoy the show and were surprised when I told them I've never seen an episode (and by 'years' I mean even before the revival), so a couple of years ago I decided to try the show. My daughter Makayla and I started with season 5, because that was the beginning of the current Doctor, watched seasons 5 and 6 and then went back to the first season of the new show and watched everything through. Once we got back to Smith my daughter told me she was confused by the time loop. Why did it go back to the beginning? She was 6 and didn't understand that we'd started with season 5 and went back to it. She thought the show itself had looped!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 581 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Chris wrote:Is it just me, or has Smith's style gotten progressively older looking as he went on? He started out wearing the suspenders and a coat... but now he's been wearing these more old man looking things.

I wonder if that wasn't intentional considering how much the Doctor has aged since regenerating from the 10th (now 11th) to the 11th (now 12th).
ImageImageImage

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 110 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:19 pm

I'm trying to watch all the Doctor Who episodes I can get. Might even go through some of the "reconstructed" episdoes. I watched the Unearthly Child serial a day or so ago. Some interesting stuff there. Things that were notable to me: The Doctor was a dick; the TARDIS is supposed to change shapes; the granddaughter of course (but already knew about that going in); all cavemen speak English. It was pretty fun to watch.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 226 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:26 pm

My ranking...

1) Tennant
2) Troughton
3) Ecceleston
4) Smith
5) Davison

Hartnell, Pertwee, T. Baker, McCoy, McGann & Hurt fill out the middle in any order

Cushing, Atkinson, Broadbent, Grant and Lumley fill out the near to end.

C. Baker dead last (sorry Colin, that's what you get when you go Peri's neck instead of her breasts :-D )

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 365 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:45 pm

Amoebas wrote:Image

Is it December 25th yet?

I so want that for the Doctor Who Special... but otherwise... please do not rush it.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Arion wrote:
Oh OK.
I can't really make a list because I've only seen Tennant and Smith.

You should really try the classics. They are great too.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:49 pm

David Bird wrote:My favorite is Matt Smith. Of the others, I've only seen Hurt, McGann (in the minisode), Tennant, Eccleston, amd a little Troughton, and Hartnell. I liked what I saw, but not enough to really rank them. I've all of the revived series, though.

Smith was my first Doctor. For years people had been telling me I'd enjoy the show and were surprised when I told them I've never seen an episode (and by 'years' I mean even before the revival), so a couple of years ago I decided to try the show. My daughter Makayla and I started with season 5, because that was the beginning of the current Doctor, watched seasons 5 and 6 and then went back to the first season of the new show and watched everything through. Once we got back to Smith my daughter told me she was confused by the time loop. Why did it go back to the beginning? She was 6 and didn't understand that we'd started with season 5 and went back to it. She thought the show itself had looped!

I strongly recommend you watch as much of the classics with your daughter as you can. It'll be so much better for both of you. :-D

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:51 pm

syxxpakk wrote:I'm trying to watch all the Doctor Who episodes I can get. Might even go through some of the "reconstructed" episdoes. I watched the Unearthly Child serial a day or so ago. Some interesting stuff there. Things that were notable to me: The Doctor was a dick; the TARDIS is supposed to change shapes; the granddaughter of course (but already knew about that going in); all cavemen speak English. It was pretty fun to watch.

Also Aztecs, aliens, robots, etc... :lol:

See, that's the thing about Hartnell's Doctor, he was a dick but after a while, one you could like.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:55 pm

So, seems the 50th anniversary set records.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_of_the_Doctor

It earned a Guinness World Record for the world's largest ever simulcast of a TV drama.

AND the DVD release dates -
"The Day of the Doctor" is planned to be released on DVD and 3D Blu-ray on 2 December 2013 in the UK. It will be released on 4 December 2013 in Australia and 10 December 2013 in North America.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum