Friday, July 29, 2016 • Evening Edition • "We go in so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Is it on Netflix?

Nope, the dvd is actually worth it though. it's 2 discs loaded with a whole shit ton of special features devoted to just how the movie was almost 10 times better (Spielberg was attached at one point) to just what was happening with the Doctor for the years he was off the air.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Stupid question. When is "Enemy of the World" supposed to be released on DVD in the US?

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:56 pm

New Christmas trailer continuously refers to Smith as the 11th Doctor.

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:18 pm

syxxpakk wrote:New Christmas trailer continuously refers to Smith as the 11th Doctor.

I noticed that. Noobs!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Chesscub wrote:Stupid question. When is "Enemy of the World" supposed to be released on DVD in the US?

I have no flipping clue, and it's p!$$ing me off.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:00 pm

syxxpakk wrote:New Christmas trailer continuously refers to Smith as the 11th Doctor.

It's because Smith is still the 11th actor to play a singular incarnation of the Doctor. The numbering refers to the actors outside the continuity of the show. The numbers aren't used by any character within the stories.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:06 pm

David Bird wrote:
I noticed that. Noobs!

BBC's official site has been updated with all of the biographies of the various Doctors complete up to the Day of the Doctor and Smith is still listed there as the Eleventh Doctor. Like I said, the number is outside the continuity of the stories.

The BBC could hardly be called a bunch of Noobs. :P :wink:

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
BBC's official site has been updated with all of the biographies of the various Doctors complete up to the Day of the Doctor and Smith is still listed there as the Eleventh Doctor. Like I said, the number is outside the continuity of the stories.

The BBC could hardly be called a bunch of Noobs. :P :wink:

Ah! But the numbers, as you say, aren't used within the show, so why were they used this time?

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:41 pm

It's all a numbers game.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:47 pm

David Bird wrote:
Ah! But the numbers, as you say, aren't used within the show, so why were they used this time?

A narrator on a trailer is not a character in a story within the continuity of the show.

Matt Smith's Doctor is the twelfth incarnation of the character known as the Doctor. Matt Smith, the actor in real life, can also be referred to as The Eleventh Doctor as his version is the eleventh version of the character. Unfortunately, that's the reality, and the choice at this point for Dr. Who fans is to either accept it, or not. There's nothing we're going to do to change it.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:It's all a numbers game.

Well yes, this is true. :lol:

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:51 pm

I won't even bring in what number of Doctor is Peter Cushing... that would be cruel of me. :P

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I won't even bring in what number of Doctor is Peter Cushing... that would be cruel of me. :P

I think he shares the same number as David Niven's James Bond.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:57 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I won't even bring in what number of Doctor is Peter Cushing... that would be cruel of me. :P

How would that be cruel? It's not like the Cushing Doctor has ever really been considered to be within continuity. It's a cool version, but like the Rowan Atkinson stuff, it'll just cause headaches for everyone on all sides if we try and account for it. :P :wink:

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:15 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
A narrator on a trailer is not a character in a story within the continuity of the show.

Matt Smith's Doctor is the twelfth incarnation of the character known as the Doctor. Matt Smith, the actor in real life, can also be referred to as The Eleventh Doctor as his version is the eleventh version of the character. Unfortunately, that's the reality, and the choice at this point for Dr. Who fans is to either accept it, or not. There's nothing we're going to do to change it.

Sorry, brain fart on my part, I was completely forgetting that Tennant's false regeneration is now considered to be a true regeneration. Therefore, that first sentence should have said thirteenth incarnation, not twelfth.

leave a comment with facebook