Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 389 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:37 pm

doombug wrote:But on topic, one of the first real looking pictures of a possible new costume being shared around the internets had Capaldi doctor holding a bowler in his hand leaning against the Tardis. And he looked super cool!

A bowler could be interesting, I can't wait to see what the costume looks like.

Damn, it's going to be a long wait to August. :smt011

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 118 posts

Postby Lord Ice » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:48 pm

He could do a bowler, but fans of Inspector Spacetime would accuse him of trying to rip him off. :lol:

Pascal
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Pascal » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:01 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Pascal on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pascal
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Pascal » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:02 pm

No one posted that yet?

Or this:

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 15 posts

Postby David Bird » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Looking very cool.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 274 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Pascal wrote:Image

No one posted that yet?

Or this:

Nope. And there definitely wasn't a whole front page article about it! :P

Pascal
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Pascal » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:20 pm

Lord Simian wrote:

Who reads those? :P

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 274 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Pascal wrote:Who reads those? :P

People all over Facebook. Albeit admittedly, they only read the ones two years old or older... :oops:

HNutz likes this post.

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 15 posts

Postby David Bird » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:31 pm

Lord Simian wrote:

Which is strange, given how low the threshold is.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 371 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Pascal's posting again!?!?! :shock:

Can Skywatcher be far behind?

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 209 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:13 pm

It looks like skinny jeans from certain angles.

That's my only complaint.

Pascal
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Pascal » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:06 pm

Here are some informations from Scot Ferre, who is very well connected and knew of the Enemy/Web find Long before Anyone else, including the details of how the BBC released it via iTunes, etc:

A full summary -

Season One -

Marco Polo - found, three copies seems to have been recovered, with the best possible compilation being made for restoration. Slated for release in the next announcement.

Reign of Terror - parts 4 and 5 found. No word on whether it's being restored or not. But I expect it to be released on iTunes in the next announcement.

Season Two -

Planet of Giants 3/4 - I did hear a rumor about the fourth part being found, but for now, I don't believe it.

The Crusade - found in full. Better prints of episode 1, at least. I expect them to be released in the next announcement.

The Time Meddler - duplicates are found, and better prints. I don't know when they'll release these new finds.

I would not be surprised if they did a Season One and Season Two boxset this year.

Season Three -

Galaxy 4 - found in full. Better prints for the existing episode. I do not know when they'll be released, but I hope it's the next announcement.

MTTU - reported to be found. I find this a bit hard to believe, but more likely than not.

Myth Makers - all reported to be found. Probably being worked on. I don't know when they'll be released, but I think it'll be in the next announcement.

DMP - okay. 4, 7, 11, and 12 reported to be found. 1, 3, 6, 8, and 9 are uncertain. 9 is reported to be a sole remaining missing episode, according to Eddie on OS. I'll believe when I see it, although 4, 7, 11, and 12 are likely. 11 and 12 are in the process of being unwound.

Massacre - all found. Should be restored already or in the process. Should be in the next announcement.

Celestial Toymaker - all found. Same as Massacre.

The Savages - all found. Unknown about being restored or not, but more likely than not. I hope that it's in the next announcement.

Season Four -

The Smugglers - all found. A highly likely title to be released in the next announcement, probably restored.

The Tenth Planet Part Four - found, twice. Not a TIEA find. Uncertain on when it'll be released.

Power of the Daleks - all six episodes found. Four of the six episodes have footage missing, but not significantly so. Likely to be one of the last releases.

Highlanders - all found. Some of the prints will need work, and may be low quality prints.

The Underwater Menace - all found. UWM 1 may have two prints. Animation was reported earlier to be canceled, but may start up again later. Uncertain on the status of restoration or release.

The Moonbase - all found. Uncertain on the status of restoration or release.

Macra Terror - all found. Being worked on or already restored. Uncertain if it will be in the next announcement.

Faceless Ones - all found. No other information.

Evil of the Daleks - all found. In excellent condition. Very, very good sources to confirm the recovery of this store. No word on restoration or release.

Season Five -

Tomb of the Cybermen - duplicates may have been found.

Abominable Snowmen - all found. Episodes 4 and 5 need work. Recoverable, though. Uncertain on status of restoration or release. Rumored to be part of a Yeti boxset.

Ice Warriors - all found. Episodes 2 and 3 were thought to be missing until very late into the omnirumor. No other information.

Web of Fear - all found. Episode 3 exists. No other information that can be shared at this time.

Fury from the Deep - all found. Very good sources for this story. Uncertain on status of restoration or release.

Wheel in Space - all found. No other information.

Season Six -

The Invasion - all found. Episodes 1 and 4 were thought to be missing until very late into the omnirumor.

The Space Pirates - all found. No other information.

Miscellaneous -

Easter announcement is likely. Plans are in motion.

Two planned announcements this year.

TIEA is not the only entity that found missing episodes. There are other episode hunters.

Private collectors have been utilized.

BBCWW, BBC, BFI, and TIEA are all involved.

Hundreds of duplicates exist.

Non-DW finds will have a separate announcement.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 126 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:29 pm

Pascal wrote:Who reads those? :P

Considering that you couldn't tell from the headline it was a Doctor Who story...

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 126 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:28 pm

Pascal wrote:Here are some informations from Scot Ferre, who is very well connected and knew of the Enemy/Web find Long before Anyone else, including the details of how the BBC released it via iTunes, etc:

A full summary -

Season One -

Marco Polo - found, three copies seems to have been recovered, with the best possible compilation being made for restoration. Slated for release in the next announcement.

Reign of Terror - parts 4 and 5 found. No word on whether it's being restored or not. But I expect it to be released on iTunes in the next announcement.

Season Two -

Planet of Giants 3/4 - I did hear a rumor about the fourth part being found, but for now, I don't believe it.

The Crusade - found in full. Better prints of episode 1, at least. I expect them to be released in the next announcement.

The Time Meddler - duplicates are found, and better prints. I don't know when they'll release these new finds.

I would not be surprised if they did a Season One and Season Two boxset this year.

Season Three -

Galaxy 4 - found in full. Better prints for the existing episode. I do not know when they'll be released, but I hope it's the next announcement.

MTTU - reported to be found. I find this a bit hard to believe, but more likely than not.

Myth Makers - all reported to be found. Probably being worked on. I don't know when they'll be released, but I think it'll be in the next announcement.

DMP - okay. 4, 7, 11, and 12 reported to be found. 1, 3, 6, 8, and 9 are uncertain. 9 is reported to be a sole remaining missing episode, according to Eddie on OS. I'll believe when I see it, although 4, 7, 11, and 12 are likely. 11 and 12 are in the process of being unwound.

Massacre - all found. Should be restored already or in the process. Should be in the next announcement.

Celestial Toymaker - all found. Same as Massacre.

The Savages - all found. Unknown about being restored or not, but more likely than not. I hope that it's in the next announcement.

Season Four -

The Smugglers - all found. A highly likely title to be released in the next announcement, probably restored.

The Tenth Planet Part Four - found, twice. Not a TIEA find. Uncertain on when it'll be released.

Power of the Daleks - all six episodes found. Four of the six episodes have footage missing, but not significantly so. Likely to be one of the last releases.

Highlanders - all found. Some of the prints will need work, and may be low quality prints.

The Underwater Menace - all found. UWM 1 may have two prints. Animation was reported earlier to be canceled, but may start up again later. Uncertain on the status of restoration or release.

The Moonbase - all found. Uncertain on the status of restoration or release.

Macra Terror - all found. Being worked on or already restored. Uncertain if it will be in the next announcement.

Faceless Ones - all found. No other information.

Evil of the Daleks - all found. In excellent condition. Very, very good sources to confirm the recovery of this store. No word on restoration or release.

Season Five -

Tomb of the Cybermen - duplicates may have been found.

Abominable Snowmen - all found. Episodes 4 and 5 need work. Recoverable, though. Uncertain on status of restoration or release. Rumored to be part of a Yeti boxset.

Ice Warriors - all found. Episodes 2 and 3 were thought to be missing until very late into the omnirumor. No other information.

Web of Fear - all found. Episode 3 exists. No other information that can be shared at this time.

Fury from the Deep - all found. Very good sources for this story. Uncertain on status of restoration or release.

Wheel in Space - all found. No other information.

Season Six -

The Invasion - all found. Episodes 1 and 4 were thought to be missing until very late into the omnirumor.

The Space Pirates - all found. No other information.

Miscellaneous -

Easter announcement is likely. Plans are in motion.

Two planned announcements this year.

TIEA is not the only entity that found missing episodes. There are other episode hunters.

Private collectors have been utilized.

BBCWW, BBC, BFI, and TIEA are all involved.

Hundreds of duplicates exist.

Non-DW finds will have a separate announcement.

It's annoying it's taken the Beeb so long to announce this.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Pascal
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Pascal » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
It's annoying it's taken the Beeb so long to announce this.

They still haven't. Maybe Easter...

Sent by Tapatalk - that's why this posting is so short and full of spelling mistakes

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum