Saturday, November 17, 2018 • Evening Edition • "*the sound you hear when PAC-MAN dies*"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:50 am

Amoebas wrote:Being able to make one from wholly Terran materials is probably the only thing that irked me this episode.

When The Sarah Jane Adventures was still on the air Sarah Jane was using what she called sonic lipstick. It was never said, but heavily suggested that her sonic lipstick was made on Earth. So, there's already precedent establishing that sonic technology can be created using modern earth based technology.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
When The Sarah Jane Adventures was still on the air Sarah Jane was using what she called sonic lipstick. It was never said, but heavily suggested that her sonic lipstick was made on Earth. So, there's already precedent establishing that sonic technology can be created using modern earth based technology.

Didnt she also use some of that alien tech?

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:28 pm

Loved it! Thought it was a great start for this Doctor.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:57 pm

Liked it a lot more than I was expecting to. Appreciated the relatively low-key threat, the surprisingly excellent cinematography and the more serious tone not being constantly undercut by silliness.

Jodie was great, reminded me a lot of Davison.

I think, on the whole, I'd like to see a more modest Who, both in terms of the protagonist's ego and the scale of the stories. Waving away entire armies of Daleks and Cybermen one week and then expecting us to care about a household object turning into a monster the next is too much. The best Dalek story of NuWho remains the first, a story called "Dalek" with exactly one Dalek in it. Watching a conflict between the Doctor and that singular baddie was more entertaining than watching millions of special effects get deleted by a thingamajig.

So far, at this very, very early stage, the show actually displays some signs of having learned that lesson. Moffat seemed to be aware that it was a problem but just having the Doctor say, "I've got too big," and then carry on as normal wasn't a solution to it. Fingers crossed that this aspect doesn't fall by the wayside.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:49 pm

Loved it!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:53 pm

Bianco wrote:
Didnt she also use some of that alien tech?

For some reason, I forgot about that.

Nevermind. :oops:

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:13 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant ... iends/amp/

Seems odd, but not a big deal i guess

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:13 am

Those fucking whores at RCN have placed BBC and BBC America in a fucking upgraded Spots package. :roll:

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:09 am

Bianco wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/doctor-no-longer-companions-friends/amp/

Seems odd, but not a big deal i guess

Not one of the changes I was fond of, but as you say, not a big deal.

I smiled when I read about the good reviews. Was there ever any doubt this show was going to get good reviews? :wink:

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:27 am

RobThompson wrote:Not one of the changes I was fond of, but as you say, not a big deal.

I smiled when I read about the good reviews. Was there ever any doubt this show was going to get good reviews? :wink:

Gender change aside you know as well as I Who fans are brutal when it comes to the 1st new shows of a brand new doctor.

On top of that most people don't like drastic changes to their favorite shows to begin with or as they say the "jumping the shark" season.

Jodi nailed the essence of The Doctor but honestly I need to see how the season progresses before I'm sold on the writing.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:31 pm

RobThompson wrote:Not one of the changes I was fond of, but as you say, not a big deal.

In this day and age the only negative reviews are those that involve white males.

Jesse

cheese

Postby Jesse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:14 pm

"The Ghost Monument"
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
I liked how the Doctor defeated the Remnants by simply snapping her finger. I'm very curious who or what "The Timeless Child" is. Since the Stenza were name dropped again I'm assuming there will be an on going story arc where they pop up again. They sort of have a classic villain vibe while also being modern. The reappearance of the TARDIS was actually kind of touching.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:26 pm

Jesse wrote:"The Ghost Monument"
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
I liked how the Doctor defeated the Remnants by simply snapping her finger. I'm very curious who or what "The Timeless Child" is. Since the Stenza were name dropped again I'm assuming there will be an on going story arc where they pop up again. They sort of have a classic villain vibe while also being modern. The reappearance of the TARDIS was actually kind of touching.

The TARDIS scene was good, I'm still not sold on the interior but maybe it will grow on me.

There is certainly enough lore from previous regenerations, where the Timeless child could be pretty cool story/character

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:49 pm

I liked Rosa, I thought it was better than The Ghost Monument, but not as good as the season premiere.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:49 pm

I'm still not sure I like the new look for the Tardis interior.

leave a comment with facebook