syxxpakk wrote:Spektre, are you anti-gay marriage?
I started out with a simple "Nope" but then this happened...
Depends on your definition.
I am anti-government sanctioned marriage. I do not believe government has a role in marriage; be it licensing, assigning privileges to the status, or defining who can or cannot marry.
When you allow your government to give you the "right" to get married, and privileges for said status, you do two things.
1. You legitimize their authority to control this aspect of your life.
2. You necessarily discriminate against those you do not extend the privileges to. (single people for example, polygamists, incestuists (Is that a word?) etc.)
So extending government sanctioned marriage to cover gay marriage I consider a step backward.
As for who you choose to love, live with, sleep with, etc, it is none of my business.
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.
- The Outhouse. We're not CBR yet, but the mods are trying really hard.