Monday, September 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Memorial to dead childhoods."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

DOMA goes down!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:25 am

guitarsmashley wrote:But really what gives away your obvious bigotry is your use of
You can't be bothered to write a term that is both proper and a decent way to categorize a group of people. Yes PEOPLe.


You say that now, but eventually we'll have the entire alphabet. The Q isn't even a gay thing, it's a sex thing. :roll:
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:25 am

e_galston wrote:i want to know how me being able to marry the person i love and have it recognized by the government like every straight person's marriage is a bad thing??? I'm a citizen of the united states, have lived here all my life, but because i happened to be born gay it makes me (until last week) a second class citizen in this country. Why should i have to live my life in secret, or hide who i am to have my relationship recognized. Me being in a relationship with a consenting adult is NOT the same as someone in a relationship with an animal who last i checked cant give consent, or someone who rapes children. Gay does NOT equal pedophile. Gay people are attracted to people of the same sex, pedophiles are by definition attracted to children. They are NOT the same. Please stop comparing gay people to pedophiles its fucking insulting.


Simply because having the government "recognize" straight marriage is a bad thing.

Why do you feel the need to have an external authority figure validate your marriage?


And as important, stop giving the government the authority to tell you how to live.
Trust me, I am for marriage equality. I simple believe that equality should be reached by removing the special privileges carved out previously for straight married people and now extended to gay married people.

People are people: single, married, black, white, gay, straight. Stop trying to segregate them.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:26 am

Again.. the whole reason we have the supreme court is so that the Majority can't make rules for minority.. which the majority was clearly doing with gay rights.

Me being married does not affect a straight person one fucking bit.. it doesn't prevent a straight person from getting married, it doesn't take ANYTHING away from their lives. The ONLY people that are affect by gay people having the same rights as everyone else are gay people. If you have a problem with me having the exact same rights as everyone else in this country that's your problem. There is no fucking reason outside of religion why i shouldn't be allowed to marry... and last time i checked we have this thing called seperation of church and state, so you can't make a law based on fucking religion.
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:27 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
States do not have the right to discriminate against people.


As of today that is EXACTLY what they have the right to do.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:29 am

Can he just be thread kicked? This thread was created to celebrate great achievements in gay equality. I'd prefer he not bog my thread down with this bullshit.
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:29 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I don't recognize the government's authority.


See...

...NOW you are starting to make sense.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:29 am

Spektre wrote:
Simply because having the government "recognize" straight marriage is a bad thing.

Why do you feel the need to have an external authority figure validate your marriage?


And as important, stop giving the government the authority to tell you how to live.
Trust me, I am for marriage equality. I simple believe that equality should be reached by removing the special privileges carved out previously for straight married people and now extended to gay married people.

People are people: single, married, black, white, gay, straight. Stop trying to segregate them.


So that same sex couples can have things like health insurance and hospital visitation rights and even get inheritance. Because these are issues that matter to people.


Go Fuck yourself and die.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:33 am

Spektre wrote:Simply because having the government "recognize" straight marriage is a bad thing.

Why do you feel the need to have an external authority figure validate your marriage?


And as important, stop giving the government the authority to tell you how to live.
Trust me, I am for marriage equality. I simple believe that equality should be reached by removing the special privileges carved out previously for straight married people and now extended to gay married people.

People are people: single, married, black, white, gay, straight. Stop trying to segregate them.



Huh? Did you just flip flop your view numerous times in that post?

And WTF @ removing all rights married couples have. The "external authority" figure as you put it is the same one that denied them the same rights other married couples were afforded...they had them restored as a step towards putting them on equal footing in the eyes of the law and this is the beginning of the end for you?
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:34 am

e_galston wrote:Again.. the whole reason we have the supreme court is so that the Majority can't make rules for minority.. which the majority was clearly doing with gay rights.

Me being married does not affect a straight person one fucking bit.. it doesn't prevent a straight person from getting married, it doesn't take ANYTHING away from their lives. The ONLY people that are affect by gay people having the same rights as everyone else are gay people. If you have a problem with me having the exact same rights as everyone else in this country that's your problem. There is no fucking reason outside of religion why i shouldn't be allowed to marry... and last time i checked we have this thing called seperation of church and state, so you can't make a law based on fucking religion.


You are wrong here on a few counts. The Supreme Court does not exist to protect the minority form the majority. It may have that outcome on occasion, but that is not its function. It is to determine a law's constitutionality. In the past they have upheld laws concerning slavery which certainly did not protect the minority from the majority and it was not their job to do so then either.

Second, assuming you now marry, you will have tax benefits that many straight people do not have. You will affect straight people.

Lastly, you would not have the exact same rights as everyone else. I know a number of single people. You will have more rights than they do. Are you now discriminating against them?
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:36 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
So that same sex couples can have things like health insurance and hospital visitation rights and even get inheritance. Because these are issues that matter to people.


Go Fuck yourself and die.



this is exactly why its important that the federal government recognizes gay marriage... there are so many instances where a couple will be together for years, one partner dies and the family of the deceased will come in and take EVERYTHING from the other partner. Or one partner will be in the hospital and the other partner won't be allowed to make decisions for the other. yes they could get a living will or power of attorney, but why should gay people have to do the extra steps that may or may not actually be looked at, when straight couples don't have to. its not just about being married there are over a thousand rights that straight couples have that until wednesday gay people couldn't have. There are numerous reports of gay military members who's partners aren't allowed on the base because the federal government didn't recognize the marriage. Or look at Sally Ride, first women in space, she died and her partner won't see a dime of her federal benefits. THAT's why the repeal of DOMA is such an important thing, it makes EVERY couple whether they are gay or straight equal in the governments eyes.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:36 am

syxxpakk wrote:Can he just be thread kicked? This thread was created to celebrate great achievements in gay equality. I'd prefer he not bog my thread down with this bullshit.


I'm just happy to see people speaking out against bigotry. Over the past week, I've been trying to do it more.
User avatar

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:36 am

Spektre wrote:Lastly, you would not have the exact same rights as everyone else. I know a number of single people. You will have more rights than they do. Are you now discriminating against them?


:smt007
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:37 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
So that same sex couples can have things like health insurance and hospital visitation rights and even get inheritance. Because these are issues that matter to people.


Go Fuck yourself and die.


Why do you choose to discriminate against single people?

Your continued use of obscenity shows an inability to support your arguments with your words.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:38 am

Spektre wrote:
You are wrong here on a few counts. The Supreme Court does not exist to protect the minority form the majority. It may have that outcome on occasion, but that is not its function. It is to determine a law's constitutionality. In the past they have upheld laws concerning slavery which certainly did not protect the minority from the majority and it was not their job to do so then either.

Second, assuming you now marry, you will have tax benefits that many straight people do not have. You will affect straight people.

Lastly, you would not have the exact same rights as everyone else. I know a number of single people. You will have more rights than they do. Are you now discriminating against them?


what the fuck are you talking about?? straight people can marry all they want.. if they don't marry that's there problem, if they want to have the tax benefits a married couple has then they need to marry.. before DOMA was repealed gay couples were paying way more in taxes than any straight couple.

And i'd love to know what "rights" i have now that single people don't??

you are a fucking troll... and i agree with everything yoni has said.. please just fucking die.
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:39 am

e_galston wrote:

this is exactly why its important that the federal government recognizes gay marriage... there are so many instances where a couple will be together for years, one partner dies and the family of the deceased will come in and take EVERYTHING from the other partner. Or one partner will be in the hospital and the other partner won't be allowed to make decisions for the other. yes they could get a living will or power of attorney, but why should gay people have to do the extra steps that may or may not actually be looked at, when straight couples don't have to. its not just about being married there are over a thousand rights that straight couples have that until wednesday gay people couldn't have. There are numerous reports of gay military members who's partners aren't allowed on the base because the federal government didn't recognize the marriage. Or look at Sally Ride, first women in space, she died and her partner won't see a dime of her federal benefits. THAT's why the repeal of DOMA is such an important thing, it makes EVERY couple whether they are gay or straight equal in the governments eyes.


Why should single people have to take all these extra steps?

You make my point for me...

"there are over a thousand rights that straight couples have that until wednesday gay people couldn't have."

And now you have extended those "rights" to one more specialized class of people to the exclusion of others.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: achilles, DJ Convoy, Google [Bot], Supersoldier Washout and 56 guests