Monday, December 5, 2016 • Morning Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

I don't get Amy Whinehouse.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Psivage

FROGMAN

Postby Psivage » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:48 pm

What is the appeal there? I tried listening to her sing but it was just awful, she ain't that good looking.

Is this a hip thing for young people to like her?

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:50 pm

Psivage wrote:Is this a hip thing for young people to like her?

I think the hip thing is having different opinions. :wink:

I don't like her, but if people do, that's cool.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:02 pm

She's a trainwreck that will not end well.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:21 pm

GOSD wrote:She's a trainwreck that will not end well.

Oh it will end well just not for her family and loved ones...but even then it's a weight off their shoulders.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:35 pm

GOSD wrote:She's a trainwreck that will not end well.

They should round up Britney Spears, the Olsen Twins, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, and Amy Winehouse and put them on a deserted beach, Survivor-style and see how long they last.

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:46 pm

DaReekstah wrote:They should round up Britney Spears, the Olsen Twins, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, and Amy Winehouse and put them on a deserted beach, Survivor-style and see how long they last.
I give it 8 minutes before Winehouse tries to smoke the Olsens.

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:50 pm

I saw an older picture of her and she looked kinda cute. But now she's all tattoos and cleopatra eye makeup and tangled beehive hair. Just trashy looking, IMO.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:34 pm

Psivage wrote:What is the appeal there? I tried listening to her sing but it was just awful, she ain't that good looking.

Is this a hip thing for young people to like her?

In a lot of ways she's more like the classic British female singers such as Dusty Springfield or Petula Clark, more of an updated sixties r&b style. But despite liking Dusty and Petula, I've never been too crazy about her either.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:36 pm

I can see the appeal.

She's got the rebel/train wreck thing going. C'mon! There's a million stars whose only appeal is that. The second they clean up, no one pays attention anymore.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:43 pm

DaReekstah wrote:They should round up Britney Spears, the Olsen Twins, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, and Amy Winehouse and put them on a deserted beach, Survivor-style and see how long they last.

only if they resort to eating eachother....out.

I'm on a good amount of drugsa t the moment.

daitong

penile prisoner

Postby daitong » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:51 pm

I think she's immensely talented, but we have a society that is obsessed with trainwrecks. It's a shame that she's throwing her talent away.

Sgt.Marvel

rubber spoon

Postby Sgt.Marvel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Her hair hypnotizes me, everytime I see a picture of her.

Daniel

Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:41 pm

I like the music a lot, but outside of the recording I'm hearing on my computer, she's an absolute travesty.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:41 pm

I don't care for much I've read about her personally, but I do have one of her albums and really enjoy her music. A friend at work played it, but wouldn't tell me who it was, until it was over. I did enjoy it, though.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:17 am

daitong wrote:I think she's immensely talented, but we have a society that is obsessed with trainwrecks. It's a shame that she's throwing her talent away.

This is it exactly. She's a phenomenal singer, but she has destroyed herself now. To have emphesyma at such an early age is sad, and kind of ensures that her voice will never again be what it was.

leave a comment with facebook