Advertisement

Don't Trope Me, Bro

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 659 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Don't Trope Me, Bro

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:36 am

This is a thread where no troping allowed. Anyone who tropes will get threadkicked from the thread. For those of you who don't know, troping is the act of hyperlinking text in an argument with a link to a web page on the site TVTropes.org. The purpose of this thread is to see if a trope-free thread is really more conducive to conversation than a thread in which troping is completely unregulated. I consider this a worthwhile sociological experiment.

Go.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 311 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Don't Trope Me, Bro

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:43 am

So our two normally well-behaved Boxers took advantage of my run out to pick up my comics today and decided to get into the garbage and have a fucking free-for-all. To make things worse we had painted over the weekend so there was an empty paint can and several still-wet-with-paint large clumps of paper towels in there. Not only did I spend 30 minutes scrubbing the kitchen floor but do you have any idea how time-consuming it is to get latex paint out of dog fur ?
Their now-white-whiskers make them look like catfish :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:46 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:So our two normally well-behaved Boxers took advantage of my run out to pick up my comics today and decided to get into the garbage and have a fucking free-for-all. To make things worse we had painted over the weekend so there was an empty paint can and several still-wet-with-paint large clumps of paper towels in there. Not only did I spend 30 minutes scrubbing the kitchen floor but do you have any idea how time-consuming it is to get latex paint out of dog fur ?

Your boxers sound like my children.

I got a new e-cigarette today. It's a variable voltage model, so I can tune it to produce the perfect vapor.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:48 am

If this thread turns out to be the greatest thread ever, we should expand the franchise. Maybe we'll have No Trope Tuesdays, where troping is prohibited on the board for the whole day and anyone who tropes gets suspended for 24 hours.

muddyglass
dr. strangelove

Liked in: 72 posts
Title: fear and trembling

Postby muddyglass » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:43 am

to be, or not to be, that is the question.
master ra's al ghul wrote:we sacked rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned london to the ground. every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:29 am

Muddyglass, I'm going to have to ask you not to trope in this thread. If you trope again, I'll be forced to report you.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 338 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:59 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Your boxers sound like my children.

I got a new e-cigarette today. It's a variable voltage model, so I can tune it to produce the perfect vapor.

It's been a couple years now since you first showed me those things. I thought they were to help you quit? How long does it take?

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:04 am

Amoebas wrote:It's been a couple years now since you first showed me those things. I thought they were to help you quit? How long does it take?

About 200 pounds.

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:08 am

Writing my dissertation. I am 15% done. Need to write another 1,000 words today probably

Then home to pound my girlfriend, pound the opposition in a little 5 a side football (soccer) game later, then pound my roommates on video games all night

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:14 am

Jubilee wrote:Writing my dissertation. I am 15% done. Need to write another 1,000 words today probably

Then home to pound my girlfriend, pound the opposition in a little 5 a side football (soccer) game later, then pound my roommates on video games all night

I'm sure she loves to know you scheduled her in for a pounding. :smile:
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:16 am

Jubilee wrote:Writing my dissertation. I am 15% done. Need to write another 1,000 words today probably

Make sure you do the right pounding at the right time. I'm not sure your soccer buddies would appreciate the pounding you were planning to give your girlfriend.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 311 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:25 am

Or maybe they would :groucho:

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:32 am

I always get the pounding right. It's part of the Twigg guarentee

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby misac » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:So our two normally well-behaved Boxers took advantage of my run out to pick up my comics today and decided to get into the garbage and have a fucking free-for-all. To make things worse we had painted over the weekend so there was an empty paint can and several still-wet-with-paint large clumps of paper towels in there. Not only did I spend 30 minutes scrubbing the kitchen floor but do you have any idea how time-consuming it is to get latex paint out of dog fur ?

A little while back a stray cat jumped into our trashcan. It must have had a field day, I went to get it out before pick up so it wouldn't get killed and all the bags were torn up. :lol: It'd already left so I didn't get attacked or anything.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 am

Amoebas wrote:It's been a couple years now since you first showed me those things. I thought they were to help you quit? How long does it take?

I got back on the regular cigarettes for a year and a half since my old ecig was destroyed on the plane ride out here.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum