Saturday, June 25, 2016 • Evening Edition • "The CBR of comic book journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Don't Trope Me, Bro

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:36 am

This is a thread where no troping allowed. Anyone who tropes will get threadkicked from the thread. For those of you who don't know, troping is the act of hyperlinking text in an argument with a link to a web page on the site TVTropes.org. The purpose of this thread is to see if a trope-free thread is really more conducive to conversation than a thread in which troping is completely unregulated. I consider this a worthwhile sociological experiment.

Go.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:43 am

So our two normally well-behaved Boxers took advantage of my run out to pick up my comics today and decided to get into the garbage and have a fucking free-for-all. To make things worse we had painted over the weekend so there was an empty paint can and several still-wet-with-paint large clumps of paper towels in there. Not only did I spend 30 minutes scrubbing the kitchen floor but do you have any idea how time-consuming it is to get latex paint out of dog fur ?
Their now-white-whiskers make them look like catfish :lol:
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:46 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:So our two normally well-behaved Boxers took advantage of my run out to pick up my comics today and decided to get into the garbage and have a fucking free-for-all. To make things worse we had painted over the weekend so there was an empty paint can and several still-wet-with-paint large clumps of paper towels in there. Not only did I spend 30 minutes scrubbing the kitchen floor but do you have any idea how time-consuming it is to get latex paint out of dog fur ?
Their now-white-whiskers make them look like catfish :lol:


Your boxers sound like my children.

I got a new e-cigarette today. It's a variable voltage model, so I can tune it to produce the perfect vapor.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:48 am

If this thread turns out to be the greatest thread ever, we should expand the franchise. Maybe we'll have No Trope Tuesdays, where troping is prohibited on the board for the whole day and anyone who tropes gets suspended for 24 hours.
User avatar

muddyglass

dr. strangelove

Postby muddyglass » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:43 am

to be, or not to be, that is the question.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:29 am

Muddyglass, I'm going to have to ask you not to trope in this thread. If you trope again, I'll be forced to report you.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:59 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Your boxers sound like my children.

I got a new e-cigarette today. It's a variable voltage model, so I can tune it to produce the perfect vapor.

It's been a couple years now since you first showed me those things. I thought they were to help you quit? How long does it take?
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:04 am

Amoebas wrote:It's been a couple years now since you first showed me those things. I thought they were to help you quit? How long does it take?


About 200 pounds.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:08 am

Writing my dissertation. I am 15% done. Need to write another 1,000 words today probably

Then home to pound my girlfriend, pound the opposition in a little 5 a side football (soccer) game later, then pound my roommates on video games all night
User avatar

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:14 am

Jubilee wrote:Writing my dissertation. I am 15% done. Need to write another 1,000 words today probably

Then home to pound my girlfriend, pound the opposition in a little 5 a side football (soccer) game later, then pound my roommates on video games all night


I'm sure she loves to know you scheduled her in for a pounding. :smile:
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:16 am

Jubilee wrote:Writing my dissertation. I am 15% done. Need to write another 1,000 words today probably

Then home to pound my girlfriend, pound the opposition in a little 5 a side football (soccer) game later, then pound my roommates on video games all night


Make sure you do the right pounding at the right time. I'm not sure your soccer buddies would appreciate the pounding you were planning to give your girlfriend.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:25 am

Or maybe they would :groucho:

Image

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:32 am

I always get the pounding right. It's part of the Twigg guarentee
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:So our two normally well-behaved Boxers took advantage of my run out to pick up my comics today and decided to get into the garbage and have a fucking free-for-all. To make things worse we had painted over the weekend so there was an empty paint can and several still-wet-with-paint large clumps of paper towels in there. Not only did I spend 30 minutes scrubbing the kitchen floor but do you have any idea how time-consuming it is to get latex paint out of dog fur ?
Their now-white-whiskers make them look like catfish :lol:


A little while back a stray cat jumped into our trashcan. It must have had a field day, I went to get it out before pick up so it wouldn't get killed and all the bags were torn up. :lol: It'd already left so I didn't get attacked or anything.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 am

Amoebas wrote:It's been a couple years now since you first showed me those things. I thought they were to help you quit? How long does it take?


I got back on the regular cigarettes for a year and a half since my old ecig was destroyed on the plane ride out here.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amoebas, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Flamebird, Google [Bot], Grayson, MarvelFan88, Pizza Dog and 30 guests