Thursday, September 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Drink more tea

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:13 pm

I drink enough tea. I'm Sri Lankan, after all.
User avatar

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:05 pm

Keb wrote:I drink enough tea. I'm Sri Lankan, after all.
I had no idea Sri Lankans were avid tea drinkers.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:43 am

Well, I'm not technically a Sri Lankan. I'm a Canadian, but tea is the #1 export in Sri Lanka (unless Tamil refugees has taken that spot...) and everyone there drinks tea. You go to someone's house, they have to make you tea. It's like a tradition for Sri Lankan families.

I drink a lot of it myself. Usually, I'll have one in the morning, and one when I get to school. I need to cut down, the school tea is getting expensive.
User avatar

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:35 am

john lewis wrote:I hate warm drinks.


So do I for the most part. I may occasionally have a cup of green tea at the local Japanese restaurant.
User avatar

Severed Djed

Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:13 am

There's a tea place a short walk from my LCS. Some friends and I go there nearly every Saturday after the store closes. They serve great tea - regular and bubble milk - and the food's pretty good too.
User avatar

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:54 pm

Keb wrote:Well, I'm not technically a Sri Lankan. I'm a Canadian, but tea is the #1 export in Sri Lanka (unless Tamil refugees has taken that spot...) and everyone there drinks tea. You go to someone's house, they have to make you tea. It's like a tradition for Sri Lankan families.

I drink a lot of it myself. Usually, I'll have one in the morning, and one when I get to school. I need to cut down, the school tea is getting expensive.
Will they give hot water out for free if you bring your own mug? I've done that, and carried a yerba mate or tea bag with me. Sucks, though, when I wanna make green Earl Grey.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:58 pm

I drink it a few times a week but I'm going to start making a gallon to drink more. What's the tea used to make iced tea? That one's my favorite. I tried white tea once but didn't like it, it might have been the pomegranite.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:02 pm

L'Indépendant wrote:Will they give hot water out for free if you bring your own mug? I've done that, and carried a yerba mate or tea bag with me. Sucks, though, when I wanna make green Earl Grey.
I don't know. I doubt it. It's UofT we're talking about. If they could, they'd charge you for using the toilet.
User avatar

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:10 pm

DeadFett wrote:So do I for the most part. I may occasionally have a cup of green tea at the local Japanese restaurant.
I don't even do that. It's been years since my last warm drink.
User avatar

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:15 pm

Keb wrote:Well, I'm not technically a Sri Lankan. I'm a Canadian, but tea is the #1 export in Sri Lanka (unless Tamil refugees has taken that spot...) and everyone there drinks tea. You go to someone's house, they have to make you tea. It's like a tradition for Sri Lankan families.

I drink a lot of it myself. Usually, I'll have one in the morning, and one when I get to school. I need to cut down, the school tea is getting expensive.
I wasn't aware tea was a major export for Sri Lanka. But I learned that today when I went to the international foods store. About half the tea in stock was from Sri Lanka.

I didn't buy much today. Just some tamarind candy. Never had any before. The lady told me it's sweet and tangy.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:35 pm

Have you tried it yet? I don't like them.

I could go for a cup of tea right now though.
User avatar

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Keb wrote:Have you tried it yet? I don't like them.

I could go for a cup of tea right now though.
Haven't tried it yet. I'll wait for a special moment.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:46 pm

Zenguru wrote:I wasn't aware tea was a major export for Sri Lanka. But I learned that today when I went to the international foods store. About half the tea in stock was from Sri Lanka.

I didn't buy much today. Just some tamarind candy. Never had any before. The lady told me it's sweet and tangy.


I love tamarind candy, a lot of Mexican candies are made out of tamarind. Mmmm, Pulparindo.
User avatar

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:37 pm

Green tea is great, but if you add sugar you're doing way more harm than the health benefits you'd normally get.
User avatar

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:43 pm

Tried some tamarind today. And it's not bad. Though they may have put a bit too much sugar on it.

Didn't expect the seed to be so hard!!! :smt013

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bianco, FaceBook [Linkcheck], HNutz, MSNbot Media, TheLurker, VaderTheTrader and 25 guests