Advertisement

Earliest memory?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

L Independant
25 To Life

Liked in: 0 post

Earliest memory?

Postby L Independant » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:09 pm

My brother was born. I was 3.

Advertisement

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 345 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:10 pm

My grandmother was bathing me. I'm told the last time these details would be true was at 6.5 months old.

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 508 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:12 pm

Watching my dad shave and thinking that everyone I knew and I were dead but didn't know it except for me. Have no idea when it was but it was before preschool since I remember quite a few things from then.

Also, I remember walking into my grandfather's and grandmother's room and seeing my grandfather lying on his stomach thinking he was dead but according to my parents, he died before I was born.
Last edited by john lewis hawk on Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emmoney
cheese

Postby Emmoney » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:12 pm

Lord Simian wrote:My grandmother was bathing me. I'm told the last time these details would be true was at 6.5 months old.

thats awesome :D

1.5 visitng my dying grandma in the hospital . I don't actually remember seeing her as apparently she looked sick and had tubes etc and I was really scared. I only remember the HUGE lobby (im sure it wasn't really huge, but perspective and all).

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:15 pm

Emmoney wrote:
thats awesome :D

1.5 visitng my dying grandma in the hospital . I don't actually remember seeing her as apparently she looked sick and had tubes etc and I was really scared. I only remember the HUGE lobby (im sure it wasn't really huge, but perspective and all).

Thanks.

It's probably best all that you remember is the lobby....

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---

--Lex Luthor

Emmoney
cheese

Postby Emmoney » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:20 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Thanks.

It's probably best all that you remember is the lobby....

Most people don't remember things that early (6.5 months) so you must have a really good memory.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:26 pm

Not so much. I can't remember ANYTHING esle until at least 4.

I just remember my grandmother bathing me in the kitchen sink. And crying, cause I wanted my mom. I've described the scene to my parents and my grandmother, who all confirm it must have been around the 6-7 month mark....

--Lex Luthor

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 215 posts

Postby misac » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:53 am

I was just thinking about this recently. When I try to remember it makes my brain hurt.

The earliest I can think of was when I cut my little sister's hair. And I remember cause we have photos they took of us in pre-school. I also remember when they took those photos.

Carrie

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby Carrie » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:02 am

Being thrown down the steps during a house fire. I was 2ish.

trachman
Wishes he was as cool as Lord Simian

Postby trachman » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:05 am

1st Birthday chocolate mousse cake, fuckin' awesome. :-D

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:27 pm

Carrie wrote:Being thrown down the steps during a house fire. I was 2ish.

My mom told me I fell a flight of stairs when I was two while riding a big wheel type car.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:19 pm

My next door neighbor brought over a cupcake with a candle in it for my birthday. I was four. I probably remember some things earlier than that, but that's a pretty strong memory.

Jeff
Post Whore

Postby Jeff » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:55 am

Sitting in my high chair as my sister tried to topple it over. I was probably about 18 months old.
The poster formerly known as Kiwiboy

kingbobb
Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:06 am

Earliest I can go back is 3-5. I've never tried to pin it down, but it'd take famlily corroboration. Questions like

"Hey, Dennis (my brother, he's 5 years older) when did you get that battleship foam thinking with the wire-controlled helicopter on it?"

Dennis: "You mean the one you broke on the second day I had it?"

Me: "um, yeah, that one....."

There's probably gifts that I remember...opening my Fisher Price Castle on Christmas, and liking the little chair with desk almost as much...that don't involve me breaking something of my brothers, but not as many. Like the time I broke his rubber band balsa wood plane. I tried to jump over it, but apparantly I used to be pretty clumsy.

I can remember other things from about that time, like getting thrown off the ladder to the bunk bed by the mean kid across the street. He's the same kid that made me (he was older, so of course he could make me...I was 3 or 4, remember?) stuff leaves down my pants.

Maybe there's a reason I don't recall much. I also remember the time I kept walking in front of my dad and messing up his Grand Canyon pictures. His shots would alternate between the top of my head and his thumb. If he was really lucky, he'd get both.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:14 pm

I remembered an earlier memory from when I was 2.5 to 3. I asked my sister about a guy that used to scare me and she said he lived by my babysitter. She also said he was a total asshole and tried to scare all my siblings but I was the only one that got scared.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum