Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Trash eaters."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Edgar Wright's Ant-Man to Replace Cast with Child Actors and Reboot as Ant-Boy

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Edgar Wright's Ant-Man to Replace Cast with Child Actors and Reboot as Ant-Boy

In a perplexing move, the film will be completely rewritten as a kids movie.

Source: THR

Edgar Wright's Ant-Man flick was set for a 2015 release with big name Hollywood talent like Evangeline Lilly, Paul Rudd, and Patrick Wilson cast in the film, but it seems that Marvel is tossing all of that out the window in a move that has industry analysts scratching their heads. The production has dumped the entire cast as well as Wright, and is instead planning to use unknown child actors and new director and German gossip column Ask Hasselbalch. The movie will be retitled Ant-Boy, and Marvel isn't even going to produce it anymore - instead, Cinedigm will handle the US distribution, which will begin soon, with a sequel already in the works.

I have to say, I didn't see this one coming, and I was kind of looking forward to Edgar Wright's take on the Marvel Movieverse, but... what? Oh, dammit!

Folks, I've just learned that Ant-Boy is actually an entirely different movie, based on the Dutch comics by Kenneth Bogh Andersen. If there's one thing I hate more than a reboot, it's the Dutch, but this could still turn out to be decent kids superhero flick. Here's a description from THR:

A shy 12-year-old boy who is bothered by bullies is bitten by an ant. The result is that he develops superpowers and becomes a crime fighter, even as he continues to deal with his own issues in life.

Stay tuned to The Outhouse as we get lots of other stuff wrong. We do like the slogan, though. Superheroes come in all sizes? We'll take ours in extra-extra-extra-large, please!

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:28 pm

That does not look like a good movie.

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:25 am

Is this supposed to be funny? What a fucking asshole move for you. Some of us are actually looking forward to the Ant Man movie and don't deserve to be shit on like this. You fucking prick.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:34 am

The Bass wrote:Is this supposed to be funny? What a fucking asshole move for you. Some of us are actually looking forward to the Ant Man movie and don't deserve to be shit on like this. You fucking prick.

:lol:

birchy

Faster Pussycat

Postby birchy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:46 am

Well, here's something you've gotten wrong already: The comic (and film) are DANISH, not Dutch. As in, they come from the country of Denmark, not the Netherlands.

I know it's confusing. Personally I blame the Dutch for not having a more intuitive name for themselves. But I guess Jude could also just have spent more than 20 seconds looking this up on Wikipedia.

(The film had its Danish premiere ages ago, incidentally. I guess this is just the international release finally happening.)

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:10 am

The Bass wrote:Is this supposed to be funny? What a fucking asshole move for you. Some of us are actually looking forward to the Ant Man movie and don't deserve to be shit on like this. You fucking prick.

Seriously, you do remember that this isn't a serious news site, right? Also: the wjole point of the joke is that Jude (intentionally) got it wrong. He's not dissing the Ant Man film. Unclench.

Your world view is just about extremes, isn't it?

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:23 am

its official

you are hilarious

and, it has to be deliberate because I refuse to believe there are (barely) functional human beings out there as obtuse as you are

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:27 am

birchy wrote:Well, here's something you've gotten wrong already: The comic (and film) are DANISH, not Dutch. As in, they come from the country of Denmark, not the Netherlands.

I know it's confusing. Personally I blame the Dutch for not having a more intuitive name for themselves. But I guess Jude could also just have spent more than 20 seconds looking this up on Wikipedia.

(The film had its Danish premiere ages ago, incidentally. I guess this is just the international release finally happening.)

the dutch
:smt013

YeaSureWhatever

Mad Hatter

Postby YeaSureWhatever » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:02 am

I am surprised at your outrage considering how much you hate Marvel.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:25 am

I'm seriously considering thread kicking you for your own good so you do not say anything more stupid.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:33 am

bkthomson wrote:
I'm seriously considering thread kicking you for your own good so you do not say anything more stupid.

Please don't. I want to see if he does say something more inane. :D

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:11 am

We all deserve to be shit on. That's the human condition.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:19 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

Just be sure to wash up afterwards.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:34 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr Jude Terror: the OH's answer to GG Allin.

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:21 pm

bkthomson wrote:

leave a comment with facebook