Tuesday, May 3, 2016 • Evening Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Ender's Game Fans Excited to Indirectly Support Homophobia and Bigotry This Friday

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:06 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Was there this kind of outrage when Card was writing Ultimate Iron Man for Marvel? Did he denounce them for featuring gay teens in YA etc? Or was his extremist stance and funding an organization to combat marriage equality a later thing.

I remember there was a big fuss about him doing a Superman short to the point where it was shot down before it got started, but he did write a fair bit for Marvel who also adapted his Ender series.



His Ultimate Iron Man was so crappy it and it alone should be a source of outrage prior to Card's stances on gays.

I think he did do that with the YA, but can't be totally sure. I can imagine he did.

Who cares, it's still hate. I cannot easily see a separation of hatred for gays from the subject of gay marriage.

Yeah.. I think that was long before though, wasn't it?
User avatar

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:11 am

achilles wrote:Cat, now you see the advantage of being evil, you can see any movie you want without caring what that makes you, since you're likely already that. After all, being evil automatically makes you all those things.


But, I like having the power of choice. :-(

I've told I'm evil because of my race, my ethnicity(s), gender, having blue eyes, possible religious views (those evangelists hate it when you claim to be a pagan of Odin or a Jew), being Canadian, being socialist and for liking cats.

Now because of the movies, tv shows, comics, books and music I consume?! IS THERE NO END?!?! HAVE I NO HOPE FOR BEING "GOOD"?!?!

Oh well, back to working as Zechs minion and helping him conquer this place and then the world. *Sigh*
User avatar

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
But, I like having the power of choice. :-(

I've told I'm evil because of my race, my ethnicity(s), gender, having blue eyes, possible religious views (those evangelists hate it when you claim to be a pagan of Odin or a Jew), being Canadian, being socialist and for liking cats.

Now because of the movies, tv shows, comics, books and music I consume?! IS THERE NO END?!?! HAVE I NO HOPE FOR BEING "GOOD"?!?!

Oh well, back to working as Zechs minion and helping him conquer this place and then the world. *Sigh*


Face it Cat, you're evil for all those reasons. But it isn't so bad, when those religious types come to the door and ask if they can interest me in the Book of Mormon, whatever that is, I just tell them no, I'm committed to Satan, and they leave with the most curious expressions on their faces. I'm not sure why...
User avatar

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:32 pm

achilles wrote:
Face it Cat, you're evil for all those reasons. But it isn't so bad, when those religious types come to the door and ask if they can interest me in the Book of Mormon, whatever that is, I just tell them no, I'm committed to Satan, and they leave with the most curious expressions on their faces. I'm not sure why...


I used to yell at them for killing a sacred tree for their pagan book.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
But, I like having the power of choice. :-(

I've told I'm evil because of my race, my ethnicity(s), gender, having blue eyes, possible religious views (those evangelists hate it when you claim to be a pagan of Odin or a Jew), being Canadian, being socialist and for liking cats.

Now because of the movies, tv shows, comics, books and music I consume?! IS THERE NO END?!?! HAVE I NO HOPE FOR BEING "GOOD"?!?!

Oh well, back to working as Zechs minion and helping him conquer this place and then the world. *Sigh*


I love Odin and Zeus.

And guys with blue eyes.
User avatar

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Arion wrote:
I love Odin and Zeus.

And guys with blue eyes.


Starlord has first dibs on me. :wink:

I mostly love pissing off most religious types, so... I don't know why, but the ones that get in our faces... I just hate them. Others whom are quiet, like most religious types are, I like. Don't agree with them, but like them.
User avatar

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Starlord has first dibs on me. :wink:

I mostly love pissing off most religious types, so... I don't know why, but the ones that get in our faces... I just hate them. Others whom are quiet, like most religious types are, I like. Don't agree with them, but like them.


So, then I can't mark you down for my Church of Perpetual Hot Nun Bondage and Spanking?

The services are rocking...
User avatar

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:39 pm

achilles wrote:
So, then I can't mark you down for my Church of Perpetual Hot Nun Bondage and Spanking?

The services are rocking...


I may visit, but never be a member. :twisted:
User avatar

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Starlord has first dibs on me. :wink:

I mostly love pissing off most religious types, so... I don't know why, but the ones that get in our faces... I just hate them. Others whom are quiet, like most religious types are, I like. Don't agree with them, but like them.


I've been thinking about a door-to-door Asatru religion. Like Mormons, but with axes. Maybe some Westboro-style protests, like Odin Hates Gods Who Hate Fags.
User avatar

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
I may visit, but never be a member. :twisted:


Oh well, the visitors get spanked by the bondage nuns. With barbed wire whips. And they have to get the single bondage nun who also happens to be Rosie O'Donnell.... :twisted:

Only members get the hot ones.







And if you think there was some double entendre there, you're right! :P
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:49 am

Thunderstorm wrote:
I've been thinking about a door-to-door Asatru religion. Like Mormons, but with axes. Maybe some Westboro-style protests, like Odin Hates Gods Who Hate Fags.


I have known two people who practice Asatru. They claim to be unfamiliar with the ax. I will investigate further to discover the truth.
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:17 am

Strict31 wrote:
I have known two people who practice Asatru. They claim to be unfamiliar with the ax. I will investigate further to discover the truth.


A practitioner of a Viking-styled faith who is unfamiliar with axes is like a practitioner of Buddhism who is unfamiliar with the concept of a dude meditating under a tree in search of enlightenment. I fear your 'friends' are like the high school girls who watch "The Craft", wear black nail polish, and announce that they are proud Wiccans.
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:17 am

Lord Simian wrote:
A practitioner of a Viking-styled faith who is unfamiliar with axes is like a practitioner of Buddhism who is unfamiliar with the concept of a dude meditating under a tree in search of enlightenment. I fear your 'friends' are like the high school girls who watch "The Craft", wear black nail polish, and announce that they are proud Wiccans.


One of them I knew years ago, and fell out of touch with her. She was a crazy, giggly redhead who once confessed to me that she routinely hallucinated things. She was born with the "share" button in her brain permanently switched to the "on" position. She once explained to me that her preferred method of birth control was sacrificing a small animal to one or more Norse Gods. Luckily for small animals, she was bisexual, so she only killed half the number of small animals a heterosexual girl would have in her place. That conversation with her marked the first time I ever discovered that Asatru was a thing. Out of all the strange things her brain compelled her mouth to just randomly crap out, this was the strangest.

Now that I think about it, she bought me my first copies of Ender's Game, Speaker of the Dead and Xenocide.

The other girl who practices Asatru is someone I met a year or so ago. She seems more down to earth and is less tolerant of bullshit than most human females her age. She is funny as hell, but is also, in her way, crazy. She works in a nursing home because tending to old people with no one in their families to care for them is something very near and dear to her heart. She is not terribly open about her faith because she has been ridiculed about it in the past. When she felt confident enough to reveal it among a group of our friends, I was the only one who knew what in the fuck she was even talking about. Modern science has determined the phrase, "SPACE WHIPS, BITCH" is guaranteed to make her laugh uncontrollably.

Every so often, she randomly breaks into song, singing "Don't You Put it in Your Mouth", which is something I will now use to infect your brain.

She is smart enough to rely upon slightly more conventional methods of birth control.

But that's all the time we have for now. On the next episode of the Strictly Speaking show, I will discuss the two Wiccans I dated. Both of whom loved karate.
User avatar

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:03 am

achilles wrote:
Oh well, the visitors get spanked by the bondage nuns. With barbed wire whips. And they have to get the single bondage nun who also happens to be Rosie O'Donnell.... :twisted:

Only members get the hot ones.







And if you think there was some double entendre there, you're right! :P


Uhhh, not visiting and ... imagery of Rosie O'Donnell in sexual ways leaves me in terror... AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
User avatar

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:05 am

Strict is truly our very own James Bond here. He's dated women of all sorts from the Earthly to the Space Bitch kind.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dairydead, Earth-2 NoctourneM, HNutz, Jacob D, Johnnie Torch, Mister Babadook, VaderTheTrader and 52 guests