Tuesday, October 23, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Bring your own straight jacket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:24 pm

I feel bad for their family. They seem to be good people, and are shocked they would do anything like this. I hope they get the other guy alive, because I want to know what started this. If they kill him, it'll just be because he was Muslim.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:I feel bad for their family. They seem to be good people, and are shocked they would do anything like this. I hope they get the other guy alive, because I want to know what started this. If they kill him, it'll just be because he was Muslim.

No if they kill him it'll be because he is heavily armed and they've already killed one cop. I dont care what religion you are if you do that then yea I'm ok with them killing you.

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Wasn't clear. I meant that if they kill him, we will never know their motives or what triggered this. People will assume it was simply because they were Muslim that they did it.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:36 pm

I started today in Orlando (then to DC and finally home) with only CNN at the three airports.

Ugh.

Worst coverage imaginable.

That is until I got in my car and listened to WBZ (Boston's all-news station) on the radio. They brought in an 'expert' professor who was asked: " As a teacher, how do you tell if a student would ever do something like this."

"Well, you might see somethings like late homework or not being attentive in class..."

I didn't hear the rest as I was too busy screaming at the sheer stupidity of the coverage.

Now that I'm home I get to choose my news outlets but I think I'll just wait a few hours for them to get their stories straight.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:I feel bad for their family. They seem to be good people, and are shocked they would do anything like this. I hope they get the other guy alive, because I want to know what started this. If they kill him, it'll just be because he was Muslim.

There may be no choice, if they're strapped with explosives. Jesus.

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:58 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
There may be no choice, if they're strapped with explosives. Jesus.

I know, and that's ok. I just hope there's a story behind it. The family and friends say this was out of character for them, and they seem sincere.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:03 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:
I know, and that's ok. I just hope there's a story behind it. The family and friends say this was out of character for them, and they seem sincere.

Normally I'm suspicious of anything our government or media says, but these guys do seem to be pretty fucking good at this. I mean, I play a lot of video games, but I doubt I could pull of an hours-long multi-state police chase while tossing bombs and grenades out of the car at cops. So I think the idea that it's a set-up, at this point, is unlikely.

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:10 pm

I don't think it's a set up. I'm just wondering what would get two people to go from 'very nice' to placing bombs in crowds, and throwing bombs out of a car at police.

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:20 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Normally I'm suspicious of anything our government or media says, but these guys do seem to be pretty fucking good at this. I mean, I play a lot of video games, but I doubt I could pull of an hours-long multi-state police chase while tossing bombs and grenades out of the car at cops. So I think the idea that it's a set-up, at this point, is unlikely.

If it is a set-up, it's would be completely weird that they happened to pick two innocent people who were also loaded up with bombs and guns. It seems like these are the guys. The question is why they did it and whether there were more people involved.

The car chase and bomb tossing are one thing, but I'm really stumped by how this guy has managed to avoid the police since early this morning.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:I don't think it's a set up. I'm just wondering what would get two people to go from 'very nice' to placing bombs in crowds, and throwing bombs out of a car at police.

Actually listening to the reports the younger kid is the one that is the nice, good kid. The older one is the anti-social douche. My guess is the older one drug the younger one into this. Its like when that one asshole family member of yours gets you involved in some shit you dont wanna be involved in. Same basic thing but a whole lot worse.

Space Otter

Peanut

Postby Space Otter » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:36 pm

The "white hat guy" on the run currently is named Dzhokar, pronounced pretty close to "Joker." And one of the main cops on the scanner last night running the hunt was Sgt. Fury (as in the Howlin' Commandos). Not the DC/Marvel crossover I was expecting.

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Space Otter wrote:The "white hat guy" on the run currently is named Dzhokar, pronounced pretty close to "Joker." And one of the main cops on the scanner last night running the hunt was Sgt. Fury (as in the Howlin' Commandos). Not the DC/Marvel crossover I was expecting.

I thought it was "Joe-Car" not "Joker".

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:I don't think it's a set up. I'm just wondering what would get two people to go from 'very nice' to placing bombs in crowds, and throwing bombs out of a car at police.

I don't think you go from very nice to that, I think you just hide the crazy.

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:43 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Actually listening to the reports the younger kid is the one that is the nice, good kid. The older one is the anti-social douche. My guess is the older one drug the younger one into this. Its like when that one asshole family member of yours gets you involved in some shit you dont wanna be involved in. Same basic thing but a whole lot worse.

I don't know...

"Hey nice brother, got any plans today?"

"Nah, kinda bored."

"Feel like building a variety of explosives and heading down to the marathon and killing and maiming a bunch of strangers for no good reason?"

"Might as well, nothing on TV."

Space Otter

Peanut

Postby Space Otter » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:46 pm

MistaT wrote:I thought it was "Joe-Car" not "Joker".

That's why I said "pretty close". But most of the people on reddit and PhantasyTour are calling him "the Joker." For realz.

leave a comment with facebook