Advertisement

My face is numb...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Forum Manager

My face is numb...

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:49 am

...because I just got back from the dentist - I lost a filling and went to the emergency place because it was so painful. So now I have to have a root canal it seems. Joy. :(

Advertisement

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 466 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:50 am

I always want to ask proponents of humans as the top of the evolutionary food chain why frickin' squirrels can regrow their teeth, yet humans can't?!
-

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:50 am

I've had a few root canals, actually. They're not as bad as I thought they were. And when it's over... you're mouth will feel so much better.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:51 am

starlord wrote:I've had a few root canals, actually. They're not as bad as I thought they were. And when it's over... you're mouth will feel so much better.

I'm sure - I'm just terrified of dentists thanks to some pretty poor experiences when I was younger. It's my one (sort of) irrational phobia... :?

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:52 am

cncoyle wrote:I always want to ask proponents of humans as the top of the evolutionary food chain why frickin' squirrels can regrow their teeth, yet humans can't?!

Sharks too, and those fuckers can't even pick stuff up like squirrels can!

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 466 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:53 am

C'mere, nieto...

(I'll probably be getting a few crowns either this year or next. :( )
-

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:55 am

I need a whole lot of work done, apparently. This is going to be costly. :?

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:07 am

nietoperz wrote:I need a whole lot of work done, apparently. This is going to be costly. :?

that's the most painful part!

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

lancer_man
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 0 post

Postby lancer_man » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:27 am

I have an appointment next week. I have a bunch of stuff to get fixed as well.

I F'n hate my genes. My wife and I eat the same things, brush the same amountand do everything in regards to dental care the same exact way and she has perfect teeth and mine seem to sprout up problems every six months. My whole family has teeth problems. Pisses me off.

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Liked in: 36 posts

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:35 am

nietoperz wrote:I'm sure - I'm just terrified of dentists thanks to some pretty poor experiences when I was younger. It's my one (sort of) irrational phobia... :?

There is an incredibly easy joke here seeing as you're from England.....

Nightfly
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts

Re: My face is numb...

Postby Nightfly » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:39 am

nietoperz wrote:...because I just got back from the dentist - I lost a filling and went to the emergency place because it was so painful. So now I have to have a root canal it seems. Joy. :(

Talk about coincidences...

I too was at the dentist less than 24hrs ago for a tooth that split in two after crunching on a Cheeto. It had a filling, some of which fell out, but I was lucky that the tooth had already had a root canal before getting the filling.

Soo,.. after 2hrs in the chair I got one half of the broke tooth pulled and a temporary aluminum cap/crown put in on top of a rebuilt base.
$1,000 in total.

Synchronicity :o
Follow me on Twitter for Entertainment news updates!
You have all the weapons you need... Now Fight!

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 190 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:43 am

Call the wife a few nasty names and she'll take care of that teeth problem for you. :wink:

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:00 am

lancer_man wrote:I F'n hate my genes. My wife and I eat the same things, brush the same amountand do everything in regards to dental care the same exact way and she has perfect teeth and mine seem to sprout up problems every six months. My whole family has teeth problems. Pisses me off.

Yeah, I'm in exactly the same boat as you. It really fucking sucks. :evil:

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:02 am

Nightfly wrote:Talk about coincidences...

I too was at the dentist less than 24hrs ago for a tooth that split in two after crunching on a Cheeto. It had a filling, some of which fell out, but I was lucky that the tooth had already had a root canal before getting the filling.

Soo,.. after 2hrs in the chair I got one half of the broke tooth pulled and a temporary aluminum cap/crown put in on top of a rebuilt base.
$1,000 in total.

Synchronicity :o

This is my first ever root canal - and apparently it's going to take a couple of sittings to do. However, $1,000 seems really steep: I was wincing at the fact that this is going to cost me about $400 altogether! :shock:

Nightfly
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby Nightfly » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:16 am

nietoperz wrote:This is my first ever root canal - and apparently it's going to take a couple of sittings to do. However, $1,000 seems really steep: I was wincing at the fact that this is going to cost me about $400 altogether! :shock:

This guys really cutting me a deal. It was $800 to pull, post, & rebuild the remnant w/ temp cap... and then only $200 for a cheapy enamel cap that'll come in a couple of weeks.
I went w/ a cheapy cap because it's a back tooth that no one really sees.

IIRC he charged me $700 for a root canal.

At least for my area his prices are really low - he actually sets aside seperate days to do welfare patients and the homeless because he's not in it for the bucks (at least not anymore). He's an old timer that owns his own practice and the mini-complex that houses it + he's got a magnificent younger wife.

He actually offered to do some bartering w/ me on this visit if I help him out w/ a Spanish language infomercial he currenty runs on Telemundo weekend mornings. He's hoping for a snappy edit version from me because right now it hardly has any edits at all, reportedly.
As of right now I've only promised to watch it this weekend and offer some notes - considering I don't speak Spanish (which he's aware of) it should be interesting.
Follow me on Twitter for Entertainment news updates!
You have all the weapons you need... Now Fight!

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum