Advertisement

Feast or Famine: The Dating Effect

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Liked in: 0 post

Feast or Famine: The Dating Effect

Postby toolverine » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:51 pm

So, I've always experienced feast or famine when it comes to women. My dry spells are obscenely long and then I have these periods where more than one woman are actively pursuing me in one way or another. I just got out of a bizarre love quadrangle situation where I had a huge fight with the girl I was most interested and closest to, dropped the Romanian girl I'd been pursuing for the longest time in recent history, and dated a girl I hardly knew, only to do something I thought I'd never cop to-- cheating. Now, people have varying morals when it comes to relationships where marriage is not involved, but I felt terrible about the whole thing.

Now, I'm in a similar situation. The Romanian girl and I are seeing each other as mutual exclusives as of last night. The girl I cheated with... tried to jump me before the mutual exclusivity conversation took place. I didn't go for it. Also, an ex girlfriend has been telling me stuff like she'd rather make out with me than study for the bar.

Anyway, anyone else experience the feast or famine effect.? (In b4 Carrie calls me a man whore)

Advertisement

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:56 pm

I think it's pretty common and sort of wish-fulfillment. When you don't have anyone, you want someone... then you get more than you can handle, and it goes back to the famine. It's like that for most of the people I know who are dating.

If you're really interested in the Romanian girl, moral arguments aside, just stick with her and see where it goes.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1029 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Postby outsider » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:57 pm

I have no frickin' clue wtf you're talking about. With me, it's famine or really famine. I think that's why I was made so fertile; it's like my body knows I probably won't get another chance for a long, long (LONG) time.
-

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:57 pm

yes and it does suck a lot. Just around the time I started talking to ashley I had a lot of confidence and low standards and just as I was almost about to man whore it up ashley pretty much occupied my thoughts and life so in the end I would say I made the right choice but really it all comes down what you're comfortable doing.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 431 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:01 pm

cncoyle wrote:With me, it's famine or really famine.
Sometimes I feel this way too. But I try to have a lot of confidence.
SHABBA!

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:09 pm

Romanian? GYPSY!

*readies lighter8

Severed Djed
Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:09 pm

Yeah, I've found that I somehow become more attractive to women when I'm already seeing someone. Could be a reflection of that whole connfidence thing.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:11 pm

It's always feast or famine with me. The famines are a lot longer than the feasts though. I'm in the midst of a long famine currently.

CountD
Undead Member

Re: Feast or Famine: The Dating Effect

Postby CountD » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:11 pm

toolverine wrote:So, I've always experienced feast or famine when it comes to women. My dry spells are obscenely long and then I have these periods where more than one woman are actively pursuing me in one way or another. I just got out of a bizarre love quadrangle situation where I had a huge fight with the girl I was most interested and closest to, dropped the Romanian girl I'd been pursuing for the longest time in recent history, and dated a girl I hardly knew, only to do something I thought I'd never cop to-- cheating. Now, people have varying morals when it comes to relationships where marriage is not involved, but I felt terrible about the whole thing.

Now, I'm in a similar situation. The Romanian girl and I are seeing each other as mutual exclusives as of last night. The girl I cheated with... tried to jump me before the mutual exclusivity conversation took place. I didn't go for it. Also, an ex girlfriend has been telling me stuff like she'd rather make out with me than study for the bar.

Anyway, anyone else experience the feast or famine effect.? (In b4 Carrie calls me a man whore)

Back before I got hitched, I was dating someone and I went out early to a local convenience store, struck up a convo with a girl who was swooning over me in 2 minutes flat. Long story short, I told her I was taken. I think there's a hormone or something secreted when people are already having sex or happy or something . Look it up!

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:14 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:yes and it does suck a lot. Just around the time I started talking to ashley I had a lot of confidence and low standards and just as I was almost about to man whore it up ashley pretty much occupied my thoughts and life so in the end I would say I made the right choice but really it all comes down what you're comfortable doing.

*Huh-huh-huh* You said "suck a lot." :lol:

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:19 pm

CountD wrote:Romanian? GYPSY!

*readies lighter8

She'd kill me if I called her a gypsy and meant it.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:20 pm

toolverine wrote:She'd kill me if I called her a gypsy and meant it.

Just get some of her tears before you do it.

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:20 pm

DeadFett wrote:Just get some of her tears before you do it.

I laughed so hard, I spit almond dust all over my desk.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:26 pm

toolverine wrote:I laughed so hard, I spit almond dust all over my desk.

What were you doing with nuts in your mouth?

CountD
Undead Member

Postby CountD » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:31 pm

sliced almonds are good, but DUST you say?

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum