Wednesday, September 19, 2018 • Evening Edition • "The Outhouse Universe will never be the same!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Firefox keeps crashing.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

D

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:21 pm

I was having trouble viewing the Watchmen trailer through quicktime on my Vista/Firefox 3 laptop. I went to my XP/Firefox 2 desktop and had no problems.

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:33 pm

Homerofborg wrote:Did you clean out your cache, cookies, in your settings? Also you may want to get system restore for Firefox.... When it crashes you can go back to a new session or return to see what kind of crash you got... Also what version of the Fox do you have?

I think I have that already...

When it crashes, it gives me a choice of sending the results in to Mozilla or whoever.. then when I restart Firefox, I can either Restore Previous Session, which pulls up exactly whatever page I had up before, or Start New Session.

Homerofborg

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Homerofborg » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:38 pm

What video codecs are listed in your applications section in your options? Might be something conflicting between them.

----------------
Listening to: Ulpio Minucci and Arlon Ober - Robotech The Original Soundtrack ~ 20th Anniversary Edition (Disc 1)
via FoxyTunes

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:41 pm

Homerofborg wrote:What video codecs are listed in your applications section in your options? Might be something conflicting between them.

----------------
Listening to: Ulpio Minucci and Arlon Ober - Robotech The Original Soundtrack ~ 20th Anniversary Edition (Disc 1)
via FoxyTunes

I dunno, there's a crapton of stuff listed there..

Homerofborg

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Homerofborg » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:50 pm

One thing happened to me was I found out that VLC codec was causing my browser to crash so I deleted all references to VLC in the application folder... Do you have VLC installed in yours?

----------------
via FoxyTunes

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:54 pm

Homerofborg wrote:One thing happened to me was I found out that VLC codec was causing my browser to crash so I deleted all references to VLC in the application folder... Do you have VLC installed in yours?

----------------
via FoxyTunes

No, I don't.

Wisdom000

rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:17 am

Send me your motherboard, video card, memory, and processors, and I will fix the problem for you......

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:54 am

KSChris wrote:I've been using Firefox for years.

It's only been happening for a few days with Youtube and streaming radio.. but it's been doing it for a while.. a month or so, with Quicktime videos.

Quicktime cause my Firefox to crash as well.

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:52 pm

Anyone found a fix for this yet?

Firefox started doing it to me a couple weeks ago.

toolverine

King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:55 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:Send me your motherboard, video card, memory, and processors, and I will fix the problem for you......
:lol:

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:57 pm

JL_Amato wrote:Anyone found a fix for this yet?

Firefox started doing it to me a couple weeks ago.

I've been using Internet Explorer lately because my Chrome was fucked by the last update.

toolverine

King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:00 pm

Quicktime is shittiness. Also, Firefox seems to not be handling Flash all that well lately.

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:56 pm

I stopped using Firefox because I couldn't fix it no matter what I did. I've been using Chrome and it's worked well.

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:58 pm

I'm using IE right now but I'll probably download Chrome later tonight.

blah

rubber spoon

Postby blah » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:07 am

IE is so bad and slow. Today was online registration day for next semester and every damn computer had IE. I missed registering for better times thanks to IE.

Fuck IE. I wuv Chrome.

leave a comment with facebook