Friday, May 6, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Blacklisted since 2012."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Free iTunes

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Daniel

Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:02 pm

Just checked on itunes for free stuff, and saw they have the book The Alchemist for free (audio-book). It's written by Paulo Coelho, and it's about a person looking for gold and meeting people on his journey.

I downloaded it, the length is over 4 hours, but hey, it's free, might as well try it.

UPDATE: This audio recording of the book is read by Jeremy Irons, so take that as you will.

UPDATE: I will try to keep this thread going as often as possible, when ?I see iTunes giving away free stuff, and I'll try to give my opinions on it.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:04 pm

It's a pretty good read, though I'm not a big fan of audio books.

Daniel

Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:06 pm

And the free single of the week is "Go On, Say It" by Blind Pilot.

The song is decent enough, nothing spectacular, kinda mellow but sorta loud for a mellow song, sung in what kinda sounds but unison but likely studio editing. I like how the drumbeat is a constant, just keeping the flow.

I find myself waiting for the song to explode into something great, but doesn't just kinda calms down, and the strings section sounds kinda weak.

Not the best song, worth listening to it once, at least just trying it out, it's free. ;)

Daniel

Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:09 pm

nietoperz wrote:It's a pretty good read, though I'm not a big fan of audio books.

I've never listened to one myself, as I'd tend to read much faster and not word for word, but some people like it, gives them something to listen to en-route to work if they don't have time to read a book (driving to work).

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:30 pm

Never heard of it

lancer_man

Expert Post Whore

Postby lancer_man » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:36 am

Its a very good book if its your thing.

If not I could see you not getting it and just hating it.

leave a comment with facebook