Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LivingDeadGrl
cheese

Liked in: 57 posts

Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby LivingDeadGrl » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:31 pm

RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman

Advertisement

VaderTheTrader
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 191 posts
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby VaderTheTrader » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:32 pm

LivingDeadGrl wrote:RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman

A real shame there

Sarahroo
cheese

Liked in: 185 posts

Postby Sarahroo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:37 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
A real shame there

I remember liking him way back when as the comedic relief in Twister. Too bad. :smt022

carkey
cheese

Liked in: 34 posts

Postby carkey » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:02 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
A real shame there

Yeah, that's a huge loss. He was a very talented man. RIP

hellmutt
Garbage Collector

Liked in: 18 posts

Postby hellmutt » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:13 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I know Universal's support is fantastic. During the contest I probably came close to writing up 20 support tickets for expired codes I had. They issued me a new code for every movie. Only once did they ask for me to send them pictures of the movie. They also make it easy to see if the UV and iTunes have been redeemed right through their website. I think you can check to see if Paramounts UV and iTunes have been redeemed through their website too.

I haven't been succesful testing iTunes for paramount; if you know of a way I'd love to learn it!

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Liked in: 758 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:36 am

hellmutt wrote:
I haven't been succesful testing iTunes for paramount; if you know of a way I'd love to learn it!

As long as you know the movies url for the digital copy you should be good to go. They give you a choice between the ultraviolet and iTunes copy. You select the iTunes and you can put in the authorization code to see if it's been redeemed.

Jack Reacher example: http://www.paramountdigitalcopy.com/ecopy/selectmedia.aspx?discid=b7b4eff2-b4b5-4303-8121-9e6cc69b2f29

Am I mistaken?

hellmutt
Garbage Collector

Liked in: 18 posts

Postby hellmutt » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:41 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:As long as you know the movies url for the digital copy you should be good to go. They give you a choice between the ultraviolet and iTunes copy. You select the iTunes and you can put in the authorization code to see if it's been redeemed.

Jack Reacher example: http://www.paramountdigitalcopy.com/ecopy/selectmedia.aspx?discid=b7b4eff2-b4b5-4303-8121-9e6cc69b2f29

Am I mistaken?

I think (but not 100% sure) that this doesn't work when half of the code has already been used. I tried a Jack Reacher I had hanging around for iTunes (should be valid but not positive) where the UV was already redeemed and the site knew the code was redeemed. I will play around with it some more and maybe try a few different codes to test it out. May not get to it for a few days though, been swamped lately!

potatoman32
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby potatoman32 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:11 am

hellmutt wrote:

I have a little trick for checking iTunes codes. This works for movies that don't need xmls. What I do is input the code into iTunes, and click Redeem. When it asks if I want to download the movie now or later, I force quit iTunes without picking either option (on my Mac, I go to the apple menu and go to "force quit"... on Windows, I assume you could do the same through the task manager and end the iTunes process, but I haven't tested it in Windows).

I've only done this method a few times so far, because I just figured it out recently. I'd love to know if anyone else has success with it.

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:38 am

potatoman32 wrote:I have a little trick for checking iTunes codes. This works for movies that don't need xmls. What I do is input the code into iTunes, and click Redeem. When it asks if I want to download the movie now or later, I force quit iTunes without picking either option (on my Mac, I go to the apple menu and go to "force quit"... on Windows, I assume you could do the same through the task manager and end the iTunes process, but I haven't tested it in Windows).

I've only done this method a few times so far, because I just figured it out recently. I'd love to know if anyone else has success with it.

I tried the technique out and it appears to work. The only way to know for sure is if someone wants to try redeeming Oblivion, Warm Bodies (another one from theWolverine) or Star Trek: Into Darkness in their iTunes.

potatoman32
Mad Hatter

Postby potatoman32 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:51 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I tried the technique out and it appears to work. The only way to know for sure is if someone wants to try redeeming Oblivion, Warm Bodies (another one from theWolverine) or Star Trek: Into Darkness in their iTunes.

I'll try Warm Bodies.
Edit: Worked for me. Thanks
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:10 am

potatoman32 wrote:I'll try Warm Bodies.
Edit: Worked for me. Thanks
image.jpg

That was on Windows and quitting out through task manager.

potatoman32
Mad Hatter

Postby potatoman32 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:18 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:That was on Windows and quitting out through task manager.

Cool. :-D

It also seems to work on the iPhone, I just tried it. Press the home button after redeeming, when it asks to download now or later. Double tap the home button to enter the multitasking view. Swipe up to force close the iTunes app.

PrometheusUK
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Liked in: 0 post

Postby PrometheusUK » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:11 am

potatoman32 wrote:Cool. :-D

It also seems to work on the iPhone, I just tried it. Press the home button after redeeming, when it asks to download now or later. Double tap the home button to enter the multitasking view. Swipe up to force close the iTunes app.

Good tip. Thanks for that. :wink:

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:29 pm

I just sent The White Queen off to Carkey. I also have The Descendants iTunes. If it still works it's going to require the disc or xml. I'll send it to someone who wants to test their luck. It will be awhile before I can PM someone the code. I'm about to head off to work.

VaderTheTrader
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 191 posts
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby VaderTheTrader » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:34 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I just sent The White Queen off to Carkey. I also have The Descendants iTunes. If it still works it's going to require the disc or xml. I'll send it to someone who wants to test their luck. It will be awhile before I can PM someone the code. I'm about to head off to work.

Descendants please

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum