Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misty103
expert hobo killer

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby misty103 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:21 am

I think you should keep it the way it is

Advertisement

NotSuitableForHumans
Peanut

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The One Who Knocks
Formerly: SirCinematic

Postby NotSuitableForHumans » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:11 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I have a question for you guys. Do you think I should still hand out the new codes on a first come basis or should I let everyone have a shot at it? Some of you seem to never get any of the new releases. Giving everyone a chance at a code also saves you guys the hassle of having to refresh over and over again. The downside is that you have to wait even longer to get the code and you could potentially be competing against even more people.

What else do you have in mind?

Most Wanted UV Codes (BluRay / HDX):
*Also accepting any and all unwanted anime codes in BluRay/HDX.

Help in Need: http://www.gofundme.com/BrandonsDebt

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Liked in: 650 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:18 am

SirCinematic wrote:
What else do you have in mind?

Giving everyone a day to tell me if they're interested in a movie. Randomly picking a name from that list.

NotSuitableForHumans
Peanut

Postby NotSuitableForHumans » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:39 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Giving everyone a day to tell me if they're interested in a movie. Randomly picking a name from that list.

Hmmm. That might work. The activity on the thread though will depend on if it increases or decreases the chances of everyone getting it. But it'd technically be more fair I suppose. I think it's a proper idea.

deathmate
Tip Top Dancer

Postby deathmate » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:44 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Giving everyone a day to tell me if they're interested in a movie. Randomly picking a name from that list.

That could work. I have no prob with the way it is now but it's so hard being on my phone trying to be the first one to grab a movie but I rarely win cause I don't have the luxury of being on a PC all day to refresh and I'm sure being on a phone have its delays. All in all what ever you decide is fine and up to you. You're very generous and I thank you for that. I'm happy to be a part of this great community and the great people here.

VaderTheTrader
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 171 posts
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby VaderTheTrader » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:29 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I have a question for you guys. Do you think I should still hand out the new codes on a first come basis or should I let everyone have a shot at it? Some of you seem to never get any of the new releases. Giving everyone a chance at a code also saves you guys the hassle of having to refresh over and over again. The downside is that you have to wait even longer to get the code and you could potentially be competing against even more people.

I think you should keep it the way it is. If you make a drawing out of it every time that will attract new members that are never on the forum plus people creating multiple accounts in order to have more chances in the same drawing. In the end it's up to you though, your giveaways your rules.

Glacier16
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 13 posts
Title: kung-fu treachery

Postby Glacier16 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:29 am

VaderTheTrader wrote:I think you should keep it the way it is. If you make a drawing out of it every time that will attract new members that are never on the forum plus people creating multiple accounts in order to have more chances in the same drawing. In the end it's up to you though, your giveaways your rules.

This.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:30 am

I think everyone should pick a number and then you decide which one is the winning number.

Or make them play BINGO !

carkey
cheese

Liked in: 30 posts

Postby carkey » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:41 am

Whatever is easier for you man!

NotSuitableForHumans
Peanut

Postby NotSuitableForHumans » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:21 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
I think you should keep it the way it is. If you make a drawing out of it every time that will attract new members that are never on the forum plus people creating multiple accounts in order to have more chances in the same drawing. In the end it's up to you though, your giveaways your rules.

You're right. But we already have a "rule" in place where generally GWAC doesn't give codes to someone who just simply joined and has only their one post. ( Then again... look at me. :D)
So if that was a little more enforced then that would defeat the possibility of people creating spam accounts. To quality, maybe that person should have a minimum amount of post. Again, probably throwing myself to the sharks.

Arion wrote:
I think everyone should pick a number and then you decide which one is the winning number.

Or make them play BINGO !

Oh.... Who else but Quagmire!?

bazdaman
Flying Mongoose

Postby bazdaman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:29 pm

I think that rather than giving them away one at a time as soon as you get then, save them up then once every fortnight or so post them and then put it as first come first pick, with the stipulation that there is only one per person.

That way no one person can get all of the new codes as soon as you get them.

rtjh099
A Quagmire

Postby rtjh099 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:23 pm

I've just missed a few codes in the past. Personally I'd be more drawn to this site if I wasn't worried about hitting F5 to refresh every 3 seconds. Plus then I could explore the site more without worry of missing out.

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Liked in: 650 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 pm

SirCinematic wrote:
You're right. But we already have a "rule" in place where generally GWAC doesn't give codes to someone who just simply joined and has only their one post. ( Then again... look at me. :D)
So if that was a little more enforced then that would defeat the possibility of people creating spam accounts. To quality, maybe that person should have a minimum amount of post. Again, probably throwing myself to the sharks.

When I used to enforce the post rule the only members I had in here were Glacier16 and Dragavon, with the occasional ThatGuyRoman and Lord Simian. I believe StaticVic was the first member I broke my own rule for. Afterwards was VaderTheTrader and the rest of you followed. My preference would be to give my codes out to long time members or at least people who contribute to conversation in this thread. Fuck, the fourth highest post count in this thread goes to my buddy Arion, and he lives outside the US and can't even have any codes.

VaderTheTrader
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 171 posts
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby VaderTheTrader » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:31 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:When I used to enforce the post rule the only members I had in here were Glacier16 and Dragavon, with the occasional ThatGuyRoman and Lord Simian. I believe StaticVic was the first member I broke my own rule for. Afterwards was VaderTheTrader and the rest of you followed. My preference would be to give my codes out to long time members or at least people who contribute to conversation in this thread. Fuck, the fourth highest post count in this thread goes to my buddy Arion, and he lives outside the US and can't even have any codes.

Well it's completely up to you who you give your codes to but I think it would be good to maybe have the requirement that the people getting codes maybe occasionally give out a code here & there as well. I remember Lord Simian I think did a giveaway with that as a prerequisite once. I've given codes out before, I saw TheOfficialAGP gave out a Skyfall code not to long ago, I've seen Ready2Play contribute codes a few times, can't remember anyone else but there may be others I'm forgetting.
Just a thought in order for the thread not being full of takers but instead
Give & Takers
But again, in the end it's up to you
Your codes your rules

deathmate
Tip Top Dancer

Postby deathmate » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:43 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:When I used to enforce the post rule the only members I had in here were Glacier16 and Dragavon, with the occasional ThatGuyRoman and Lord Simian. I believe StaticVic was the first member I broke my own rule for. Afterwards was VaderTheTrader and the rest of you followed. My preference would be to give my codes out to long time members or at least people who contribute to conversation in this thread. Fuck, the fourth highest post count in this thread goes to my buddy Arion, and he lives outside the US and can't even have any codes.

Agreed.... You have lurkers waiting to grab codes within seconds of posting that you have a new code, not fair to the thread contributers or the veterans here but at least you guys are nice enough to hand out codes regardless. I'm fairly new to digital copies/UV and I was happy to have found this forum, I'm learning and thanks to a good few here I'm slowly building my collection. Maybe you guys can come up with some streamlined rules and go from there. Oh... Can't Arion use a proxy to claim codes?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum