Advertisement

Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

VaderTheTrader
dINGO

Liked in: 9 posts
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby VaderTheTrader » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:25 pm

theDevilman wrote:What's even more funny, uvvu.com has a little link that states "Access from provider" with a "watch" button. When i click it, it just takes me back to my Flixster list where i can't watch it... doh!

There's a lot of stuff in my flixster account that says I own it but it can't be streamed. Does it show up at the very bottom of your flixster collection in a separated area?

Advertisement

VaderTheTrader
dINGO

Postby VaderTheTrader » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:43 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Are you sure you redeemed it last night or did someone else redeem the Flixster version instead of you? What you are saying makes no sense.

If someone else redeemed the flixster portion he would not have been able to redeem it. He would have gotten the max authorization message where you know a code has been used.

GiveWarAChance
rubber spoon

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Unliving Legend

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:50 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
If someone else redeemed the flixster portion he would not have been able to redeem it. He would have gotten the max authorization message where you know a code has been used.

I wasn't sure if he redeemed it or just thought that he did and someone else beat him to the punch. :smt102

VaderTheTrader
dINGO

Postby VaderTheTrader » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:14 am

theDevilman wrote:What's even more funny, uvvu.com has a little link that states "Access from provider" with a "watch" button. When i click it, it just takes me back to my Flixster list where i can't watch it... doh!

You otherwise might want to file a support ticket with Flixster but you should probably get GWAC to send you a pic of the code slip for when they want to verify.

theDevilman
Flying Mongoose

Liked in: 0 post

Postby theDevilman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:03 am

Yes, it shows at the bottom of the Flixster list under "Unavailable for streaming or download on Flixster". I did a lot of Googling and found at least one other case of something like this. It was where someone had redeemed a code and could watch it, then one day, poof, on the can't watch list.

I'll file a ticket with Flixster if i can figure it out. Not that i expect much from them.
My freebies: http://goo.gl/cdzpsu (When i have them. Usually games.) Except movies... those i'll try to give here on the rare occasion that i have any. :)

"The have's will always loath the have-not's... Unless they can get something from them. Then they'll just fake it."

theDevilman
Flying Mongoose

Postby theDevilman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:15 am

Ok, i filed a support request with Flixster...
I just entered a UV code just the other day THROUGH Flixster. It is a digital copy that appears to have even been sponsored by Flixster. The redeeming page said "UltraViolet Copy via Flixster" and even had your logo. See here:
http://www.cinemaxselect.com/ecopy/sele ... E12ACCEA11

However, i can't watch it because it is under "Unavailable for streaming or download on Flixster". How is this even possible?

The generic "will this help for now" response i got was this...
Why can't I watch all of my UltraViolet movies on Flixster?

Movies that have not yet been made available for streaming or download on Flixster are listed at the bottom of your collection page. We are working to make these titles available directly through Flixster as soon as possible, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Hope to get a real answer soon. Oh well, maybe it will be added to the actual watch list soon.
My freebies: http://goo.gl/cdzpsu (When i have them. Usually games.) Except movies... those i'll try to give here on the rare occasion that i have any. :)

"The have's will always loath the have-not's... Unless they can get something from them. Then they'll just fake it."

Glacier16
Garbage Collector

Title: kung-fu treachery

Postby Glacier16 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:05 am

It did that for Fringe, Chuck, and Cabin in the Woods on me, too. After awhile though they just showed back up and I was able to view them.

theDevilman
Flying Mongoose

Postby theDevilman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:14 am

Glacier16 wrote:It did that for Fringe, Chuck, and Cabin in the Woods on me, too. After awhile though they just showed back up and I was able to view them.

Good to know. :)

VaderTheTrader
dINGO

Postby VaderTheTrader » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:15 am

theDevilman wrote:Yes, it shows at the bottom of the Flixster list under "Unavailable for streaming or download on Flixster". I did a lot of Googling and found at least one other case of something like this. It was where someone had redeemed a code and could watch it, then one day, poof, on the can't watch list.

I'll file a ticket with Flixster if i can figure it out. Not that i expect much from them.

Flixster is usually really fast with customer support opposed to vudu that is completely useless

hellmutt
Flying Mongoose

Postby hellmutt » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:47 am

I sent JP1 to Hubshoe, no word back yet but that means I still have JP3 iTunes (SD) available.

theDevilman
Flying Mongoose

Postby theDevilman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Flixster has already resolved this for me. Awesome!

And thank you again GiveWarAChance!

GiveWarAChance
rubber spoon

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:30 pm

theDevilman wrote:Flixster has already resolved this for me. Awesome!

And thank you again GiveWarAChance!

Good news for you. Bad news for me. My car parts won't come in until Monday afternoon and it's going to cost me $430. Bye money, it was nice knowing you.

theDevilman
Flying Mongoose

Postby theDevilman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:33 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Good news for you. Bad news for me. My car parts won't come in until Monday afternoon and it's going to cost me $430. Bye money, it was nice knowing you.

That sucks! :(

KAAAHHHHHHHN!

VaderTheTrader
dINGO

Postby VaderTheTrader » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:31 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Good news for you. Bad news for me. My car parts won't come in until Monday afternoon and it's going to cost me $430. Bye money, it was nice knowing you.

What's wrong this time? Exhaust issues again?

GiveWarAChance
rubber spoon

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:43 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
What's wrong this time? Exhaust issues again?

No turn signals, fog lights, high beams or windshield wipers. I need a new headlight switch. The exhaust pipe is brand new and set me back $420 last month. I can't wait to see next months damage. :-(

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum