Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

theDevilman
cheese

Liked in: 83 posts

Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby theDevilman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Sarahroo wrote:
Based on previous comments, I am going to toss out the guess of Evil Dead????

GiveWarAChance wrote:You're correct!! I'll PM The Conjuring to you tomorrow.

Doh! I was so excited that i didn't even read ahead to see that there was already a winner. Then after i posted i saw some previous comments but missed the few in the middle where someone already guessed it. :(

Looks like i should have skipped Football practice tonight? lol
Looking for Digital Comics: Rocket Raccoon (2014) #1; Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1; Amazing Spider-Man (2014) #1.3.
My most wanted UV! ... My freebies! (Usually games) I'll try to give movies away here. :)

"When all were deemed broken and torn, fallen in time... he stood in the shadows creeping, pushing fire with quiet breaths of darkness and mischief."
-theDevilman

Advertisement

GiveWarAChance
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 1279 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:46 pm

When did that based on true events gimmick start? It seems like every damn horror movie has that tag line. If Friday the 13th came out today it would be based on true events. The true event being that Friday the 13th is a real day. Nightmare on Elm Street? Elm Street is a real street name. Halloween? Somebody really killed someone on Halloween.

Sarahroo
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 278 posts

Postby Sarahroo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:01 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:When did that based on true events gimmick start? It seems like every damn horror movie has that tag line. If Friday the 13th came out today it would be based on true events. The true event being that Friday the 13th is a real day. Nightmare on Elm Street? Elm Street is a real street name. Halloween? Somebody really killed someone on Halloween.

Didn't it seem to pick up speed with Texas Chainsaw when it first came out? It seems like they all got going after that...Exorcist, Amityville, etc. etc etc. :evil:

GiveWarAChance
Zombie Guard

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Sarahroo wrote:
Didn't it seem to pick up speed with Texas Chainsaw when it first came out? It seems like they all got going after that...Exorcist, Amityville, etc. etc etc. :evil:

Texas Chainsaw was the first movie that jumped to my mind too. I wonder if some other movie started it though? I remember going to see that movie in the theaters with some girl who was terrified afterwards because it was based on true events. :lol:

GiveWarAChance
Zombie Guard

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:31 pm

theDevilman wrote:
Doh! I was so excited that i didn't even read ahead to see that there was already a winner. Then after i posted i saw some previous comments but missed the few in the middle where someone already guessed it. :(

Looks like i should have skipped Football practice tonight? lol

Go back a few pages and answer my question directed towards you. While you're at it, what did you think of the Evil Dead remake? What are your thoughts on Bruce Campbell confirming Army of Darkness 2 over the weekend?

VaderTheTrader
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 306 posts
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby VaderTheTrader » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:09 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Go back a few pages and answer my question directed towards you. While you're at it, what did you think of the Evil Dead remake? What are your thoughts on Bruce Campbell confirming Army of Darkness 2 over the weekend?

Oh hell ya!

EvilOne
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Formerly: Evil

Postby EvilOne » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:14 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Texas Chainsaw was the first movie that jumped to my mind too. I wonder if some other movie started it though? I remember going to see that movie in the theaters with some girl who was terrified afterwards because it was based on true events. :lol:

"For 8,000 years the men who have hunted it have understood one thing,
on Kodiak Island... sometimes the bear wins."

theDevilman
cheese

Liked in: 83 posts

Postby theDevilman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:39 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:You can never go wrong with a good horror movie. I'm mostly digging into foreign and lesser known horror movies at the time. I'm trying to find some really good modern horror movies that I haven't watched yet. If you have a recommendations of some lesser known horror films, I would love to hear them. I'm currently trying to put together a list. My Blu-Ray snobbery has made me miss quite a few good one's.

GiveWarAChance wrote:Go back a few pages and answer my question directed towards you. While you're at it, what did you think of the Evil Dead remake? What are your thoughts on Bruce Campbell confirming Army of Darkness 2 over the weekend?

Ah, see it now. I left just around then for practice. Got back and went nuts for an already won code contest, lol, so i totally missed it.

First, the Army of Dankness 2 news... Yeah, all my horror subscriptions lit up my inbox after that. I went nuts! But i admit, after my initial reaction and then reading the exact quotes, i calmed down some. It is the most serious anyone seems to have been about a real possibility of it actually being done... but there is still room for some i'll-belive-it-when-i-see-it reservations. But i'm very optimistic. No, screw it... i'm as giddy as a school girl!

As for giving you some good horror recommendations. It sounds like maybe you're looking for some newer gems? I'm not 'quite' as privy to the newer stuff as i used to be (poor and busy! lol) but i'm sure i could come up with a good diamond-in-the-rough list for you. Besides just newer movies, are there any genres you're exploring? I can give you my essentials list for each.
Looking for Digital Comics: Rocket Raccoon (2014) #1; Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1; Amazing Spider-Man (2014) #1.3.
My most wanted UV! ... My freebies! (Usually games) I'll try to give movies away here. :)

"When all were deemed broken and torn, fallen in time... he stood in the shadows creeping, pushing fire with quiet breaths of darkness and mischief."
-theDevilman

GiveWarAChance
Zombie Guard

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:56 pm

theDevilman wrote:
Ah, see it now. I left just around then for practice. Got back and went nuts for an already won code contest, lol, so i totally missed it.

First, the Army of Dankness 2 news... Yeah, all my horror subscriptions lit up my inbox after that. I went nuts! But i admit, after my initial reaction and then reading the exact quotes, i calmed down some. It is the most serious anyone seems to have been about a real possibility of it actually being done... but there is still room for some i'll-belive-it-when-i-see-it reservations. But i'm very optimistic. No, screw it... i'm as giddy as a school girl!

As for giving you some good horror recommendations. It sounds like maybe you're looking for some newer gems? I'm not 'quite' as privy to the newer stuff as i used to be (poor and busy! lol) but i'm sure i could come up with a good diamond-in-the-rough list for you. Besides just newer movies, are there any genres you're exploring? I can give you my essentials list for each.

I'm just looking for any good lesser known horror films. I think I know all the popular stuff. Foreign films have piqued my interest lately. I'm mostly looking for horror movies from the 90's or later. Anything good will do though. :D The rest of the people in this thread are too busy with Twilight to help me out. :P

Feel free to PM me your suggestions if you don't want the rest of these romantic comedy loving fools to see it.
Last edited by GiveWarAChance on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

VaderTheTrader
Great Scott!!!

Postby VaderTheTrader » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:27 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I'm just looking for any good lesser known horror films. I think I know all the popular stuff. Foreign films have piqued my interest lately. I'm mostly looking for horror movies from the 90's or later. Anything good will do though. :D The rest of the people in this thread are too busy with Twilight to help me out. :P

After GiveWarAChance mentioned Twilight a sudden brawl begins amongst the various members of the thread Carkey leading one side of the room chanting "Team Jacob" vs TheWolverine on the other side of the room with his group chanting "Team Edward" what followed next could only be compared to the street brawl scene from Anchorman........

GiveWarAChance
Zombie Guard

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:00 am

I hope Byzantium is a good vampire movie when I watch it next week. If it is even comes close to Let The Right One In(not Let Me In) I will be happy. If it's one hundred times better than Twilight, that won't be good enough. Sorry, all you twihards.

crazywords
Helter Skelter

Liked in: 1 post

Postby crazywords » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:02 pm

It needs the Disc

VaderTheTrader
Great Scott!!!

Postby VaderTheTrader » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:38 pm

davevh84 wrote:Black Swan, iTunes, 4859265861754243, I think it needs a disc

Code was redeemed.........not by me sadly

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 118 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:15 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:When did that based on true events gimmick start? It seems like every damn horror movie has that tag line. If Friday the 13th came out today it would be based on true events. The true event being that Friday the 13th is a real day. Nightmare on Elm Street? Elm Street is a real street name. Halloween? Somebody really killed someone on Halloween.

I can't stop laughing but yes, you're right.

You know what I hate? All those exorcist movies that claim to be based on real life. Yeah, right. Next time you know, they'll tell you Critters and Gremlins were based on real life too.

Sarahroo
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 278 posts

A Big Thank You to GiveWarAChance

Postby Sarahroo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Thank you GWAC! :band I have been looking forward to The Conjuring since it came out in theaters. :smt026 I really appreciate the UV. 8) Thanks again. :drunk

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum