Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

theDevilman
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1446
Likes: 786 posts
Liked in: 83 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:58 pm


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby theDevilman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Sarahroo wrote:
Based on previous comments, I am going to toss out the guess of Evil Dead????

GiveWarAChance wrote:You're correct!! I'll PM The Conjuring to you tomorrow.

Doh! I was so excited that i didn't even read ahead to see that there was already a winner. Then after i posted i saw some previous comments but missed the few in the middle where someone already guessed it. :(

Looks like i should have skipped Football practice tonight? lol
Looking for Digital Comics: Rocket Raccoon (2014) #1; Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1; Amazing Spider-Man (2014) #1.3.
My most wanted UV! ... My freebies! (Usually games) I'll try to give movies away here. :)

"When all were deemed broken and torn, fallen in time... he stood in the shadows creeping, pushing fire with quiet breaths of darkness and mischief."
-theDevilman


Image

Advertisement

GiveWarAChance
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9391
Likes: 233 posts
Liked in: 1279 posts
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:06 am
Location: Watching you
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance


Online


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:46 pm

When did that based on true events gimmick start? It seems like every damn horror movie has that tag line. If Friday the 13th came out today it would be based on true events. The true event being that Friday the 13th is a real day. Nightmare on Elm Street? Elm Street is a real street name. Halloween? Somebody really killed someone on Halloween.
Image

Sarahroo
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2638
Likes: 333 posts
Liked in: 278 posts
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 9:16 pm
Location: I'm here, I'm here, I'm here


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby Sarahroo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:01 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:When did that based on true events gimmick start? It seems like every damn horror movie has that tag line. If Friday the 13th came out today it would be based on true events. The true event being that Friday the 13th is a real day. Nightmare on Elm Street? Elm Street is a real street name. Halloween? Somebody really killed someone on Halloween.


Didn't it seem to pick up speed with Texas Chainsaw when it first came out? It seems like they all got going after that...Exorcist, Amityville, etc. etc etc. :evil:

GiveWarAChance
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9391
Likes: 233 posts
Liked in: 1279 posts
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:06 am
Location: Watching you
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance


Online


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Sarahroo wrote:
Didn't it seem to pick up speed with Texas Chainsaw when it first came out? It seems like they all got going after that...Exorcist, Amityville, etc. etc etc. :evil:

Texas Chainsaw was the first movie that jumped to my mind too. I wonder if some other movie started it though? I remember going to see that movie in the theaters with some girl who was terrified afterwards because it was based on true events. :lol:
Image

GiveWarAChance
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9391
Likes: 233 posts
Liked in: 1279 posts
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:06 am
Location: Watching you
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance


Online


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:31 pm

theDevilman wrote:
Doh! I was so excited that i didn't even read ahead to see that there was already a winner. Then after i posted i saw some previous comments but missed the few in the middle where someone already guessed it. :(

Looks like i should have skipped Football practice tonight? lol

Go back a few pages and answer my question directed towards you. While you're at it, what did you think of the Evil Dead remake? What are your thoughts on Bruce Campbell confirming Army of Darkness 2 over the weekend?
Image

VaderTheTrader
User avatar
Great Scott!!!
 
Posts: 4692
Likes: 260 posts
Liked in: 306 posts
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: Death Star home theater room
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby VaderTheTrader » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:09 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Go back a few pages and answer my question directed towards you. While you're at it, what did you think of the Evil Dead remake? What are your thoughts on Bruce Campbell confirming Army of Darkness 2 over the weekend?


Oh hell ya!

EvilOne
User avatar
Rorshach Test Subject
 
Posts: 942
Likes: 66 posts
Liked in: 35 posts
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:27 pm
Location: In the shadows.
Title: Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Formerly: Evil


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby EvilOne » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:14 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Texas Chainsaw was the first movie that jumped to my mind too. I wonder if some other movie started it though? I remember going to see that movie in the theaters with some girl who was terrified afterwards because it was based on true events. :lol:


Image
"For 8,000 years the men who have hunted it have understood one thing,
on Kodiak Island... sometimes the bear wins."

theDevilman
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1446
Likes: 786 posts
Liked in: 83 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:58 pm


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby theDevilman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:39 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:You can never go wrong with a good horror movie. I'm mostly digging into foreign and lesser known horror movies at the time. I'm trying to find some really good modern horror movies that I haven't watched yet. If you have a recommendations of some lesser known horror films, I would love to hear them. I'm currently trying to put together a list. My Blu-Ray snobbery has made me miss quite a few good one's.

GiveWarAChance wrote:Go back a few pages and answer my question directed towards you. While you're at it, what did you think of the Evil Dead remake? What are your thoughts on Bruce Campbell confirming Army of Darkness 2 over the weekend?

Ah, see it now. I left just around then for practice. Got back and went nuts for an already won code contest, lol, so i totally missed it.

First, the Army of Dankness 2 news... Yeah, all my horror subscriptions lit up my inbox after that. I went nuts! But i admit, after my initial reaction and then reading the exact quotes, i calmed down some. It is the most serious anyone seems to have been about a real possibility of it actually being done... but there is still room for some i'll-belive-it-when-i-see-it reservations. But i'm very optimistic. No, screw it... i'm as giddy as a school girl!

As for giving you some good horror recommendations. It sounds like maybe you're looking for some newer gems? I'm not 'quite' as privy to the newer stuff as i used to be (poor and busy! lol) but i'm sure i could come up with a good diamond-in-the-rough list for you. Besides just newer movies, are there any genres you're exploring? I can give you my essentials list for each.
Looking for Digital Comics: Rocket Raccoon (2014) #1; Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1; Amazing Spider-Man (2014) #1.3.
My most wanted UV! ... My freebies! (Usually games) I'll try to give movies away here. :)

"When all were deemed broken and torn, fallen in time... he stood in the shadows creeping, pushing fire with quiet breaths of darkness and mischief."
-theDevilman


Image

GiveWarAChance
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9391
Likes: 233 posts
Liked in: 1279 posts
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:06 am
Location: Watching you
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance


Online


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:56 pm

theDevilman wrote:
Ah, see it now. I left just around then for practice. Got back and went nuts for an already won code contest, lol, so i totally missed it.

First, the Army of Dankness 2 news... Yeah, all my horror subscriptions lit up my inbox after that. I went nuts! But i admit, after my initial reaction and then reading the exact quotes, i calmed down some. It is the most serious anyone seems to have been about a real possibility of it actually being done... but there is still room for some i'll-belive-it-when-i-see-it reservations. But i'm very optimistic. No, screw it... i'm as giddy as a school girl!

As for giving you some good horror recommendations. It sounds like maybe you're looking for some newer gems? I'm not 'quite' as privy to the newer stuff as i used to be (poor and busy! lol) but i'm sure i could come up with a good diamond-in-the-rough list for you. Besides just newer movies, are there any genres you're exploring? I can give you my essentials list for each.

I'm just looking for any good lesser known horror films. I think I know all the popular stuff. Foreign films have piqued my interest lately. I'm mostly looking for horror movies from the 90's or later. Anything good will do though. :D The rest of the people in this thread are too busy with Twilight to help me out. :P

Feel free to PM me your suggestions if you don't want the rest of these romantic comedy loving fools to see it.
Last edited by GiveWarAChance on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

VaderTheTrader
User avatar
Great Scott!!!
 
Posts: 4692
Likes: 260 posts
Liked in: 306 posts
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: Death Star home theater room
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby VaderTheTrader » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:27 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I'm just looking for any good lesser known horror films. I think I know all the popular stuff. Foreign films have piqued my interest lately. I'm mostly looking for horror movies from the 90's or later. Anything good will do though. :D The rest of the people in this thread are too busy with Twilight to help me out. :P


After GiveWarAChance mentioned Twilight a sudden brawl begins amongst the various members of the thread Carkey leading one side of the room chanting "Team Jacob" vs TheWolverine on the other side of the room with his group chanting "Team Edward" what followed next could only be compared to the street brawl scene from Anchorman........

GiveWarAChance
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9391
Likes: 233 posts
Liked in: 1279 posts
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:06 am
Location: Watching you
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance


Online


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:00 am

I hope Byzantium is a good vampire movie when I watch it next week. If it is even comes close to Let The Right One In(not Let Me In) I will be happy. If it's one hundred times better than Twilight, that won't be good enough. Sorry, all you twihards.
Image

crazywords
Helter Skelter
 
Posts: 169
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:28 pm


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby crazywords » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:02 pm

It needs the Disc

VaderTheTrader
User avatar
Great Scott!!!
 
Posts: 4692
Likes: 260 posts
Liked in: 306 posts
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: Death Star home theater room
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby VaderTheTrader » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:38 pm

davevh84 wrote:Black Swan, iTunes, 4859265861754243, I think it needs a disc


Code was redeemed.........not by me sadly

Arion
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 18419
Likes: 17 posts
Liked in: 118 posts
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com


Re: Free Ultraviolet and digital copy movies

Postby Arion » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:15 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:When did that based on true events gimmick start? It seems like every damn horror movie has that tag line. If Friday the 13th came out today it would be based on true events. The true event being that Friday the 13th is a real day. Nightmare on Elm Street? Elm Street is a real street name. Halloween? Somebody really killed someone on Halloween.


I can't stop laughing but yes, you're right.

You know what I hate? All those exorcist movies that claim to be based on real life. Yeah, right. Next time you know, they'll tell you Critters and Gremlins were based on real life too.

Sarahroo
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2638
Likes: 333 posts
Liked in: 278 posts
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 9:16 pm
Location: I'm here, I'm here, I'm here


A Big Thank You to GiveWarAChance

Postby Sarahroo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Thank you GWAC! :band I have been looking forward to The Conjuring since it came out in theaters. :smt026 I really appreciate the UV. 8) Thanks again. :drunk

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Yahoo [Bot] and 40 guests

Advertisement