Advertisement

FUCK HBO! FUCK THEM UP THEIR STUPID ASSES! PREACHER AXED

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

tralfaz
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 0 post

FUCK HBO! FUCK THEM UP THEIR STUPID ASSES! PREACHER AXED

Postby tralfaz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:47 pm

MARK STEVEN JOHNSON: NO PREACHER ON HBO

Mark Steven Johnson, who brought Daredevil and Ghost Rider to the big screen, told The Continuum that his attempts to bring Garth Ennis' Preacher to HBO as a series were close but ultimately unsuccessful.

"We were budgeting and everything and it was getting really close to going," Johnson told The Continuum. "But the new head of HBO felt it was just too dark and too violent and too controversial. Which, of course, is kind of the point!

"It was a very faithful adaptation of the first few books, nearly word for word. They offered me the chance to redevelop it but I refused. I've learned my lesson on that front and I won't do it again. So I'm afraid it's dead at HBO.

"I've heard someone is in the process of getting the rights to turn it into a feature film. I hope that happens. But I hope it happens as a series of movies as one movie couldn't do it justice. I really love that story and I dedicated a lot of my time to honor Garth's work. But it wasn't meant to be."

Johnson is currently in post-production on When in Rome -- a comedy starrring Kristen Bell, Josh Duhamel, Danny DeVito, Dax Shephard, Jon Heder and Angelica Huston -- and said he is enjoying returning to his comedy roots.

"It's a lot like Grumpy Old Men in feel and I'm having a blast," he said.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... /index.htm
It's Spanish for "Go fuck yourself"

Advertisement

eyp
Fagorstorm

Postby eyp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:48 pm

fingers crossed for showtime.

Chris

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:51 pm

Dude, come on.. this has been in some form of development since like.. 2004 or early 2005.

I had no hopes for this to get off the ground if it hadn't already long before now.

lancer_man
Expert Post Whore

Postby lancer_man » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:53 pm

I bet HBO just watched Daredevil and Ghost Rider and decided not to give this guy any more money.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 216 posts

Postby misac » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm kind of glad. Mark Steven Johnson is no bueno.

tralfaz
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby tralfaz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:55 pm

Chris wrote:Dude, come on.. this has been in some form of development since like.. 2004 or early 2005.

I had no hopes for this to get off the ground if it hadn't already long before now.

as usual, wrong
there had only been talks and rights being purchased it wasn't till recently that movement had actually been made. to get as far as having a script and budgeting shows how far and how close they were to getting it made

tralfaz
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby tralfaz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:57 pm

lancer_man wrote:I bet HBO just watched Daredevil and Ghost Rider and decided not to give this guy any more money.

that's probably the reason.

oh, you're the guy that did those movies? fuck this, gimme my money back

Chris

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:58 pm

as usual, wrong
there had only been talks and rights being purchased it wasn't till recently that movement had actually been made.

That's why I said some form of development.

Although I was somewhat off. It wasn't 2004 or 2005. It was reported in 2006, by Johnson.

That's still longer than these things usually take.

tralfaz
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby tralfaz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:07 pm

Chris wrote:
as usual, wrong
there had only been talks and rights being purchased it wasn't till recently that movement had actually been made.

That's why I said some form of development.

Although I was somewhat off. It wasn't 2004 or 2005. It was reported in 2006, by Johnson.

That's still longer than these things usually take.

no. people just think that because things get reported to the public and people think that's the actual date that everything started

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:26 pm

FX they'll do it. They'll do anything.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 110 posts

Postby PDH » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:53 pm

If the alternative was censoring it, I'm glad they decided not to bother. Can you imagine a censored Preacher?

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1096 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:56 pm

tralfaz wrote:that's probably the reason.

oh, you're the guy that did those movies? fuck this, gimme my money back

Wait, you Tralfaz are sad that the bonehead that gave us those blah flicks ( HEY! Eve Mendes is Image) ISN'T going to get to do the same thing to Preacher?

WHAT THE FUCK MAN? Do you hate Preacher or something? :shock:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1096 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:57 pm

PDH wrote:If the alternative was censoring it, I'm glad they decided not to bother. Can you imagine a censored Preacher?

Sure. It'll be like watching The Sopranos on A&E....................without the "Inker-Dinker-Doo" death...................
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

NedPepper
cheese

Postby NedPepper » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:56 pm

This is the best news I've heard all day. I had ZERO faith in that hack of a director. It would have proabably been awful.

I don't think it has anything to do with being too dark. It had to do with the guy who put out Ghost Rider being at the helm.

tralfaz
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby tralfaz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:19 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Wait, you Tralfaz are sad that the bonehead that gave us those blah flicks ( HEY! Eve Mendes is Image) ISN'T going to get to do the same thing to Preacher?

WHAT THE FUCK MAN? Do you hate Preacher or something? :shock:

there's a difference... a big difference in television production and film production. You actually thought that he would write every episode? DO you guys think he would direct every episode?
Every director has something (that one thing that can work) or they wouldn't be doing what they are doing. A prime example would be that McG douche. Asshat produced the OC. Not good enough for you, try Supernatural... not good enough, how about Chuck. Even that talentless walking film studio blowjob machine Brett Ratner got people to watch that horrible show Prison Break.
You bitch and moan all you what (im guilty of shit like that too) but if it's a property I want to see I will give it a show no matter who that asshole directing, producing, writer is... well, except for Ratner, the guy sucks and so does Prison Break

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum