Tuesday, May 31, 2016 • Evening Edition • "This is not rocket science, people. Get a grip."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Fun With Lego

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:44 am

I just bought the.

Captain America set, which I have on my desk at work.
X-Men set
Hawkeye jeep set.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:47 am

bkthomson wrote:I just bought the.

X-Men set
Hawkeye jeep set.

I hate you.

No I don't.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:55 am

sdsichero wrote:
I hate you.

No I don't.

Next I need to save up for the quin jet and the carrier.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:00 am

bkthomson wrote:
Next I need to save up for the quin jet and the carrier.

:smt013

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:01 am

Nah. I guess I will have to make my way down to the Lego store this weekend to see.

I like a lot of the Lego sets but end up not buying them. Like what was said about the Kre-O in some ways I often want the mini figs more than the actual sets.

COBRA Command

cheese

Postby COBRA Command » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:17 am

bkthomson wrote:I just bought the.

X-Men set
Hawkeye jeep set.

Did they have a Spiderman set?

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:32 am

US Agent wrote:
Did they have a Spiderman set?

Nope, none has been released.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Okay so if they would make any Marvel or DC Lego that hasn't been announced yet, what would you want?

I vote for Lego Infinite Mansion.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:39 pm

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Eh?

When You Can See the LEGO Movie

The LEGO movie now has a release date: February 28, 2014. But wait a second. You're saying, "What' s a LEGO movie?"

Warner Bros. greenlit the film in November, with an eye to making a hybrid live-action/animated feature film based on the beloved building blocks. Australian-based outfit Animal Logic (Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole) will handle the animation, with 21 Jump Street and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs' Phil Lord and Chris Miller writing and directing.

"It is the story of basically a young man who doesn't have a creative bone in his body and [he] has to always build things from the instructions," Lord recently explained. "He's an 'instructions worker.' In the LEGO city, they build buildings, and it turns out in this universe it's illegal to build apart from the instructions. So what he finds out is that he's actually [a] descendant from these like super creative Jedi-type people who are called 'Master Builders' and he has been charged with saving the universe from being frozen together by an evil bad guy, so over the course of the movie he has to unlearn all of that lame-o, uncreative stuff and learn how to build without all of the instructions in order to save the universe."

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Schlemmer wrote:Image

Custom piece for the body of the camera.

Muppetesque

Cunning Linguist

Postby Muppetesque » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:51 pm

does anyone expect these to go on sale anywhere next week... Trying to decide if I order now or wait.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Muppetesque wrote:does anyone expect these to go on sale anywhere next week... Trying to decide if I order now or wait.

Marvel Legos are out already if that is what you are asking. Both my son and I have three of the sets. He has built his three and I have yet to open mine yet.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Benderbrau wrote:How much does it cost to buy $600? If it cost anymore then $600 you got ripped off.

:lol:

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:20 pm

bkthomson wrote:Custom piece for the body of the camera.

Is it? It looks pretty similar to the one in the Explosion Studio. The image is small though so I could be wrong (I only vaguely remember it in the stores but laughed at the Speilberg minifig)

leave a comment with facebook