Advertisement

Galactica Log

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: Well Done, RDM! Bravo!!

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:20 pm

D wrote:What are those again?

What is Starbuck?

Was Daniel her dad?

How did the song that her dad taught her lead her directly to Earth-2, considering that the only Earth anyone should've known about, including the cylons, was the first Earth?

What is the cylon God? And why doesn't he like that name?

What is up with the song?

Just a few

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:22 pm

Chris wrote:What is Starbuck?

Was Daniel her dad?

How did the song that her dad taught her lead her directly to Earth-2, considering that the only Earth anyone should've known about, including the cylons, was the first Earth?

Just a few

The thing is, Daniel being Starbuck's dad was never hinted at in the show itself, it was a fan-theory, a good one yes, but it was still conjecture with little to base it on, why should the show address something like that?

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:24 pm

Punchy wrote:The thing is, Daniel being Starbuck's dad was never hinted at in the show itself, it was a fan-theory, a good one yes, but it was still conjecture with little to base it on, why should the show address something like that?

Ok. So how about more info on Daniel? RDM says they never expected Daniel to become such a huge figure in the fan community, and that's just bullshit.. if true, that's horrible thinking from a head writer. They teased us with this nugget of another cylon model, and we get nothing out off it? That's almost worse than it not being Starbuck's dad.

If they spent some more time in this final season focusing on shit like this, rather than boring ass episodes of everyone standing around and talking, and Ellen being a bitch, maybe more of these things would've been addressed.

Nightfly
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby Nightfly » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:26 pm

The ironic part is that my all-time favorite movie (that's not about space) was The Matrix.

Its "What is The Matrix" campaign, in combo w/ the teaser ads, worked to get me in the theater quite easily.

"It's The Question That Drives Us" is one of my all-time favorite lines.

---

But Lost just doesn't want to let the audience find a sensical footing, like, ever.
Lost has yet to answer any of the questions I've been wondering about.
Follow me on Twitter for Entertainment news updates!
You have all the weapons you need... Now Fight!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:27 pm

Chris wrote:Ok. So how about more info on Daniel? RDM says they never expected Daniel to become such a huge figure in the fan community, and that's just bullshit.. if true, that's horrible thinking from a head writer. They teased us with this nugget of another cylon model, and we get nothing out off it? That's almost worse than it not being Starbuck's dad.

It's not RDM's fault the fans are so obsessive.

I'm pretty sure we got all the info we needed on Daniel from 'No Exit', his character was a means to an end, filling in the number discrepancy, and also to show another side of the character of Cavil, and also a Cain/Abel allegory.

The finale was written and filmed before we the fans ever heard of Daniel, what are they supposed to do? They never intended him to be important.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:28 pm

Punchy wrote:The thing is, Daniel being Starbuck's dad was never hinted at in the show itself, it was a fan-theory, a good one yes, but it was still conjecture with little to base it on, why should the show address something like that?

Are you serious...?

It was never hinted at in the show...?

No, it was never stated in the show, but it damn sure was hinted at in the show.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

D
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 0 post

Postby D » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:29 pm

Chris wrote:What is Starbuck?

Was Daniel her dad?

Just a few
They did blow the Daniel thing, I'll give you that. But I am happy about the open to interpretation-ness of the other ones, especially the God stuff. I personally think the existence of a "higher power" answers all those other questions.
Dragon

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:29 pm

Nightfly wrote:The ironic part is that my all-time favorite movie (that's not about space) was The Matrix.

Its "What is The Matrix" campaign, in combo w/ the teaser ads, worked to get me in the theater quite easily.

"It's The Question That Drives Us" is one of my all-time favorite lines.

---

But Lost just doesn't want to let the audience find a sensical footing, like, ever.
Lost has yet to answer any of the questions I've been wondering about.

Because the ones you're wondering about are the ones the entire show basically revolves around. If they answered them now.. like I said, they could spend the next season and a half with Sawyer and Hurley playing Risk or something equally as fun.

They've answered ALOT of questions these past two seasons. The fact that they're not the ones you, specifically, want answered is irrelevant.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Strict31 wrote:Are you serious...?

It was never hinted at in the show...?

No, it was never stated in the show, but it damn sure was hinted at in the show.

No it wasn't.

The fans were reading too much into it, and maybe RDM is guilty of not writing to his target audience enough, but still, to criticise a show for not adressing fan-theories is silly.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:32 pm

Punchy wrote:No it wasn't.

The fans were reading too much into it, and maybe RDM is guilty of not writing to his target audience enough, but still, to criticise a show for not adressing fan-theories is silly.

Her dad knew a song which triggered the Final Five cylons into remembering who they were. That's a pretty big hint.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:34 pm

Chris wrote:Her dad knew a song which triggered the Final Five cylons into remembering who they were. That's a pretty big hint.

A hint at Kara being special, not that her dad was a cylon.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 79 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Chris wrote:Her dad knew a song which triggered the Final Five cylons into remembering who they were. That's a pretty big hint.

Mabye we should just write off Daniel as actually being another "messenger" taking the form of Starbucks dad and leave it there.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:35 pm

I've been going over the last few pages of this thread...

So Starbuck is an "angel"? And she had visions of her father, who could also be classified as an "angel"? An angel's angel?

The Outhouse: In a digital world full of ruthless assholes and whiny bitches...might as well hang out with the ones you know.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 79 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:37 pm

BK wrote:I've been going over the last few pages of this thread...

So Starbuck is an "angel"? And she had visions of her father, who could also be classified as an "angel"? An angel's angel?

More like a "higher-up", I would say,

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Punchy wrote:No it wasn't.

Bull.

Hint muthafuckin 1) Starbuck has been drawing, for most of her life, the image of a star formation that only the 13th Colony could have seen

Hint muthafuckin 2) leoben repeatedly tells her that she has a destiny linked to both the cylons and the humans. Did i mention "repeatedly"?

Hint muthafuckin 3) Starbuck's daddy taught her the notes to a song inextricably linked to the Cylons.

Now, just because RDM never put that much effort into explaining who Starbuck's daddy was (presumably, he's either God, Daniel or both) doesn't mean they weren't trying to lay out all these hints just to keep us interested in the season when it had nothing else to really do except play the "Starbuck flips out again" game.

Hell, the reason why he says fans made too much of it is because the writers never did. Which is the whole point. But they damn sure laid out the hints, for no other reason than to keep us tuning in.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum