Advertisement

Galactica Log

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 168 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Re: Well Done, RDM! Bravo!!

Postby Strict31 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:41 pm

The Nacireman wrote:Mabye we should just write off Daniel as actually being another "messenger" taking the form of Starbucks dad and leave it there.

At this point, we have to, because no one on the writing staff cared enough about the story to figure it out.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:41 pm

Strict31 wrote:Bull.

Hint muthafuckin 1) Starbuck has been drawing, for most of her life, the image of a star formation that only the 13th Colony could have seen

Hint muthafuckin 2) leoben repeatedly tells her that she has a destiny linked to both the cylons and the humans. Did i mention "repeatedly"?

Hint muthafuckin 3) Starbuck's daddy taught her the notes to a song inextricably linked to the Cylons.

Now, just because RDM never put that much effort into explaining who Starbuck's daddy was (presumably, he's either God, Daniel or both) doesn't mean they weren't trying to lay out all these hints just to keep us interested in the season when it had nothing else to really do except play the "Starbuck flips out again" game.

Hell, the reason why he says fans made too much of it is because the writers never did. Which is the whole point. But they damn sure laid out the hints, for no other reason than to keep us tuning in.

None of these hints have anything to do with Daniel.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:46 pm

BK wrote:I've been going over the last few pages of this thread...

So Starbuck is an "angel"? And she had visions of her father, who could also be classified as an "angel"? An angel's angel?

She might be the daughter of an angel, which be default makes her an angel. I guess. Although, admittedly, she seems rather a fucked up angel. I mean, she was gonna try and fuck her boyfriend's brother for fuck's sake.

That's kind of a fucked up angel.

Apparently, she was put into the world to:

--get drunk

--get her boyfriend killed

--fuck his brother (much later of course)

--ditch him for a baller, get drunk again

--fuck Baltar (oh you guys don't remember that?)

--have a nervous breakdown several times in any given season

--and save humanity by leading them to Earth. Well, Psuedo-Earth.

One of these things is not like the others...

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:47 pm

Punchy wrote:None of these hints have anything to do with Daniel.

Well, if you wanna deny it, that's cool. But given the fact that he was a cylon and every mystery or question about her links directly to the cylons, your denial seems most illogical.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:48 pm

The angel, messenger stuff is really fucking with my perception of this series. I could buy that Baltar was nuts and just seeing things because he had a hand in civilization's destruction, but now...

The Outhouse: In a digital world full of ruthless assholes and whiny bitches...might as well hang out with the ones you know.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Punchy wrote:A hint at Kara being special, not that her dad was a cylon.

Ridiculous hair splitting.

Hab

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Strict31 wrote:She might be the daughter of an angel, which be default makes her an angel. I guess. Although, admittedly, she seems rather a fucked up angel. I mean, she was gonna try and fuck her boyfriend's brother for fuck's sake.

That's kind of a fucked up angel.

Apparently, she was put into the world to:

--get drunk

--get her boyfriend killed

--fuck his brother (much later of course)

--ditch him for a baller, get drunk again

--fuck Baltar (oh you guys don't remember that?)

--have a nervous breakdown several times in any given season

--and save humanity by leading them to Earth. Well, Psuedo-Earth.

One of these things is not like the others...

But if she was an angel, why did she even have a dead corporeal form to burn in the first place? Or did her born half-angelness reincarnate her? If so, was she really the key to resurrection Cavil was looking for?

The Outhouse: In a digital world full of ruthless assholes and whiny bitches...might as well hang out with the ones you know.

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 119 posts

Postby PDH » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Punchy wrote:No it wasn't.

The fans were reading too much into it, and maybe RDM is guilty of not writing to his target audience enough, but still, to criticise a show for not adressing fan-theories is silly.

The fans were reading too much into but can you really blame them?

The show made such a big deal about the identities of the 12 cylons, especially the Final Five can people really be criticised for jumping to conclusions when they tell us - with about three episodes to go or something - that there was 13 of the bloody things?

Of course, it's gonna spawn theories. If RDM didn't see that coming he should have done. He should, frankly, have put more thought into this.

And put it this way, if there was nothing special about Daniel what the hell was the point of those last few episodes? Why even bring it up?

Nightfly
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby Nightfly » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:54 pm

BK wrote:The angel, messenger stuff is really fucking with my perception of this series. I could buy that Baltar was nuts and just seeing things because he had a hand in civilization's destruction, but now...

As early as the pilot mini-series we were shown that this would be a series about robots obsessed w/ religion.
Honestly, how much logical-coherent sense did you guys expect that part of the show to make?

Also, I'm not much of a biblical scholar, but maybe someone who is can comment about the pantheon of Angels (just) within the Christian religion. Some of them have... let's say had "colorful" personalities / stories.

Some of the Catholic Church's saints didn't always act very Saintly either.
Follow me on Twitter for Entertainment news updates!
You have all the weapons you need... Now Fight!

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:54 pm

BK wrote:But if she was an angel, why did she even have a dead corporeal form to burn in the first place? Or did her born half-angelness reincarnate her? If so, was she really the key to resurrection Cavil was looking for?

Sheeeeeeee-it. Don't ask me. I'd say "ask RDM" but he don't seem especially inclined to throw down any answers.

Nightfly
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby Nightfly » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:56 pm

BK wrote:But if she was an angel, why did she even have a dead corporeal form to burn in the first place? Or did her born half-angelness reincarnate her? If so, was she really the key to resurrection Cavil was looking for?

Speaking of resurrection... one might say Kara was their savior and salvation. She literally died (for their quest) and rose again, etc, etc.

:-D

She Is The One.
Last edited by Nightfly on Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Follow me on Twitter for Entertainment news updates!
You have all the weapons you need... Now Fight!

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:56 pm

I'm going to make a leap of faith and assume one of the follow-up movies or Caprica will straighten some of this stuff up.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:58 pm

BK wrote:I'm going to make a leap of faith and assume one of the follow-up movies or Caprica will straighten some of this stuff up.

Well, the first movie, The Plan, will deal with the cylon "plan" that was talked about in the intro of the show for so long..

And Caprica, I doubt will clear anything up. None of the current cast is starring on it.

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 119 posts

Postby PDH » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:00 pm

My take on Starbuck is that she did actually die. The person we've been seeing since the end of season 3 was...sigh...an Angel.

Yeah, I know it's not what RDM intended. Apparently though it's 'open to interpretation' so that means I can think whatever the hell I want. Sue me.

Anyway, I didn't hate that finale. I enjoyed watching it. Lots of great shows peak before they're finished. Sometimes years before. No biggie. I'm just gonna look back on the good bits and repress all this mystical bullshit.

Or better yet look at the ending as a tragedy told from Cavil's perspective. He was just trying to get people to stop letting the secretions of various glands cloud their judgment and make them forget that they can build new life and explore the stars.

But all the other characters preferred to live on a hippie commune in the middle of a big pile of bullshit. Fuck them.

Cavill may have got sucked into a black hole but at least he didn't get sucked into a plot hole.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Strict31 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Nightfly wrote:As early as the pilot mini-series we were shown that this would be a series about robots obsessed w/ religion.
Honestly, how much logical-coherent sense did you guys expect that part of the show to make?

Also, I'm not much of a biblical scholar, but maybe someone who is can comment about the pantheon of Angels (just) within the Christian religion. Some of them have... let's say had "colorful" personalities / stories.

Some of the Catholic Church's saints didn't always act very Saintly either.

The worst thing angels ever did in the Bible was toss a few cities upside down or turn some idolater muthafuckas into salt and shit. Which is fucking hardcore, but you know, God wants a muthafucka wacked, they gotta wack the guy.

I'm not aware of God commanding any angels to cheat on somebody or anything.

And most angels who would be inclined to get some other people's penis/pussy probably rented out some shoreside property down by the Lake of Fire. Either that, or those Nephilim muthafuckas who defied God's will and started knockin up mortal bitches. Or whatever they were called, "nephilim"...I dunno what the fuck.

Point is, if an angel couldn't keep his sword of god in his pants, God kicked his bitch-ass to the curb.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum