Saturday, June 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Outhouser?! We barely know her!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Game of Thrones Earns 16 Emmy Nods, Walking Dead Gets 0

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:18 pm

I'll definitely keep watching especially to see what scenes they choose to use fiathfully from the comic, but I don't want to buy the last season on DVD or rewatch it either. As opposed to Game Of Thrones, (I have watched every episode several times now).
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:06 pm

I only finished the last season of TWD because everyone i knew was watching it and I like to talk entertainment with people.

But it was so bad there is no chance I'll be returning.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanoscopter stole my line.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:18 pm

bkthomson wrote:Ouch. i mean yeah, GoT is a better show, at least to me, but really going a goose egg on WD is harsh.


Discrimination against the living dead!
I'ts the only explanation.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Jack Burton wrote:
Seriously. Season 4 was one of the best things on TV I've ever seen.

What does Walt Goggins have to do to get any respect?



Obviously bringing a rattlesnake to the Emmy's and drop it on the stage floor.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Rockman wrote:Justified is my favorite show on television right now. The fact that the actor who plays Art, Walton Goggins, Mike O'Malley, or Timothy Olyphant got no recognition is a crime. They were all incredible this past season.


Patton Oswalt deserved a nomination for the Drewbecca moment. Or the Star Wars Episode 8 rant.
User avatar

pastajoe

Fagorstorm

Postby pastajoe » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:31 pm

It's like the Oscars, superhero or sci-fi movies rarely get recognized, while movies most people have never seen or heard of get recognized by the elitists who make the selections. So it goes with Walking Dead getting the shaft while GOT and that horrible Girls show with that chick who nauseatingly loves to show her fat ass get recognized because they're the flavor of the day with the elitists who make the selections.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:48 am

GoT is an amazing show, the second highest rated show HBO has ever had, the most pirated show on television right now and fantasy.

Totes elitist

:lol:
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:54 am

Where is Vikings in all this?

Hab
User avatar

pastajoe

Fagorstorm

Postby pastajoe » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:18 am

habitual wrote:Where is Vikings in all this?

Hab


The Dungeons and Dragon crowd doesn't watch the History Channel. Too educational. Plus it's only been on one season. Even Seinfeld took a couple years to catch on.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:55 pm

Not that I disagree about GoT being much better than Walking Dead, but I enjoy both shows a lot. And at the end of the day, I am fairly certain The Walking Dead beating even network shows in the ratings is more important than Emmy nominations, which are fairly irrelevant.
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Rockman wrote:I only finished the last season of TWD because everyone i knew was watching it and I like to talk entertainment with people.

But it was so bad there is no chance I'll be returning.


It wasn't bad, you just have to forget the comic book continuity and enjoy it as it is.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:42 pm

never read the comic book
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:44 pm

pastajoe wrote:It's like the Oscars, superhero or sci-fi movies rarely get recognized, while movies most people have never seen or heard of get recognized by the elitists who make the selections. So it goes with Walking Dead getting the shaft while GOT and that horrible Girls show with that chick who nauseatingly loves to show her fat ass get recognized because they're the flavor of the day with the elitists who make the selections.


The Oscars are not elitist, on the contrary, they tend to nominate well-known movies, famous actors and directors. They rarely take a chance.
User avatar

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:47 am

Game of Thrones deserves all the accolades they receive. They have managed to properly adapt a fantastic series of novels and actually do them justice. The cast really is phenomenal.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], GLX, Google [Bot], John Strange, TheLurker, Yahoo [Bot] and 44 guests