Tuesday, October 17, 2017 • Morning Edition • "Those who arrive survive. Maybe."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Game of Thrones Season 3

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Rockman wrote:Sure Rickon is a little whiny, he's a four year old boy who is being forced to leave the only family he believes he has left to go somewhere he has never been.

Speaking of which, I may have missed something last night but Bran knew that Jon Snow was nearby and informed the rest of the group about this. I am a little curious about why Osha wouldn't take Shaggydog and Rickon and at least attempt to look for him. It seems to me that it would be logical to assume that Jon would be attempt to return to Castle Black after that little skirmish and they were going to go there originally anyways.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:23 pm

pastajoe wrote:Saw this show for the first time last night, was in a hotel and wanted to see what all the hype was about. Didn't think much of it. Lots of annoying characters, especially those kids in the tower with the wacky friar and the Beastmaster kid, and the boy-girl who was trying to sneak into the castle. It's hard to make out some of the dialogue with the accents when the mumble. And if you're the older women at the end who knows she's gonna die anyways, why not jump the king guy and take him out instead of his wife.

Wouldn't watch it again. Just not the same level as The Sopranos.

It's better than the Sopranos by most peoples' reckoning and I doubt there's another person anywhere who shares your opinion that it's better than Vikings. That's an absolutely ludicrous statement. The fucking cast and crew of Vikings wouldn't even say that.

Another ludicrous statement: 'why not jump the king guy?'

Yeah, why doesn't she just drink a potion of invulnerability, draw her sword and yell 'By the Power of Gray Skull!' while she's at it? This is mother-fucking Game of Thrones not Skyrim. She's a frail old woman crawling on the ground with mortal injuries, surrounded by assassins with crossbows and swords.

You say this and then later on you're calling it unrealistic?

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Grayson wrote:
Speaking of which, I may have missed something last night but Bran knew that Jon Snow was nearby and informed the rest of the group about this. I am a little curious about why Osha wouldn't take Shaggydog and Rickon and at least attempt to look for him. It seems to me that it would be logical to assume that Jon would be attempt to return to Castle Black after that little skirmish and they were going to go there originally anyways.

lol you did miss it.

Osha said "let's go to castle black, he's probably heading there now" and Bran, Meera or Jojen (can't remember which) told her that they could already be at war with the wildlings and it would not be safe for children there.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:30 pm

pastajoe wrote:
Thrones had more funny lines than Veep. C'mon man, have some higher standards.

If the signature episode doesn't pull you in, then the other episodes wouldn't either. I found some of the characters whiney and unsympathetic. Seeing more of them wouldn't change that. If you want to see a good period show, check out Vikings on History channel.

Suppose, you walked past a little boy crying and thought, 'wow, he seems whiny.'

Then later on you find out that he's just been pushed off a tower and permanently crippled, had his father beheaded, his family torn apart, his home literally burned to the ground, his mentor stabbed and the person he thought of as a brother was responsible for nearly half of it. If that was me I'd think, 'fair enough, this kid's had a tough life.'

There's all this extra information that explains the crying, right?

This is like that except that the kid wasn't crying. Rather he was making the best of a tough situation and soldiering on as best he could, though it meant losing his closest friends and heading into serious danger. And then a few minutes his mother, brother, friends and family were brutally murdered.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Rockman wrote:lol you did miss it.

Osha said "let's go to castle black, he's probably heading there now" and Bran, Meera or Jojen (can't remember which) told her that they could already be at war with the wildlings and it would not be safe for children there.

Yeah, I figured that I missed something like that. For the life of me, I could not figure out why they wouldn't have tried to track him down. Next time I will actually take advantage of my DVR's other functions, like rewind. :oops:

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:34 pm

If I'm recalling correctly I don't think they knew it was Jon Snow in the book.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Rockman wrote:If I'm recalling correctly I don't think they knew it was Jon Snow in the book.

That's surprising, I was under the impression that it was Jon Snow who knows nothing. :groucho:

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:39 pm

you know Ned's honor did him in, but more than anything it was trusting Littlefinger. Can't hate a guy too much for not wanting a woman with her 3 children to be murdered because of her sins.

Tyrion probably has the most practical code of honor in the show, he'll do what he thinks is right and fair, but when it comes time to compromise for the better good he'll do it.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:40 pm

holtom2000 wrote:begeeus how am I supposed to go to work after that?
And wtf? Who do I root for now? Pretty much the only 'good guys' in this story are deader than disco, or a cripple, or dammit I don't know what to feel.

I would personally put Davos down as one of the 'good guys.' He's my favourite character because he shows all of Ned Stark's honour without any of Ned Stark's studipity.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Rockman wrote:If I'm recalling correctly I don't think they knew it was Jon Snow in the book.

I also recall John recognizing Summer and thinking that Bran might be nearby. Although, he was so busy that he didn't have time to check and see if he was right.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:51 pm

pastajoe wrote:
So you don't want an objective opinion if it differs from yours. Sorry I'm not a Throney. I call it as I see it. I watched Veep for the first time afterwards and that wasn't good either.

As a lover of Veep it was the weakest sloggiest episode of the series.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:56 pm

Time to Reek pastajoe?

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Anyone seen this? :lol:

http://www.break.com/video/priceless-re ... es-2450516

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:48 pm

I'm still pretty much in shock from last nights episode. I just can't believe that three prominent characters were killed all in one episode and killed so brutally. Another thing that really sticks with me is that there is virtually no one left to gain any measure of revenge for the Stark Clan other than Arya, then again she might actually be the best one for that duty to fall upon.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:03 pm

TROY wrote:I'm still pretty much in shock from last nights episode. I just can't believe that three prominent characters were killed all in one episode and killed so brutally. Another thing that really sticks with me is that there is virtually no one left to gain any measure of revenge for the Stark Clan other than Arya, then again she might actually be the best one for that duty to fall upon.

I know. It was brutal.

leave a comment with facebook