Sunday, May 29, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Comics: we give a crap!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Game of Thrones Season 3

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:39 pm

xaraan wrote:

Oh, my sweet summer child. You have no idea what's to come.

That's the way I like it. I enjoy being surprised.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:41 pm

The only episode of The Sopranos I've seen is one of the later episodes from season 3, and I hated it. That show sucked ass! :x

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:53 pm

I really liked Robb Stark and his mother was such a great character. I'll miss them both.

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:40 pm

Just comparing what shows are better, while I love GoT and The Wire, didn't care for Sopranos, I think that Sons of Anarchy and Justified are about the best two shows I have ever had the privilege of watching.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:03 pm

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/st ... e_day.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... video.html

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:03 pm

I like Sons and Justified, but the level of writing is nowhere near the level of The Wire/GoT/Sopranos.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:08 pm

It's all crap.

Why?

'Cause it's not written by Alan Moore.

signed - Alan Moore's Beard.

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Chris wrote:I like Sons and Justified, but the level of writing is nowhere near the level of The Wire/GoT/Sopranos.

That may be but personally I am more entertained by Sons and Justified than I am by any of the other 3.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:29 pm

Justified is better than GoT

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:37 pm

This is a silly argument. For starters, there isn't anything better than Game Of Thrones. :roll:

Anyhoo, back to the characters: The characters I really like (Jon Snow's not unlikeable by any means, but he is kinda wooden) are Littlefinger, Tyrion, Jojen Reed, Beric Dondarrion (yeah, I know), and Thoros of Myr. And Arya, I guess, who couldn't feel bad for her at this point?

They've done an amazing job making Jaime Lannister a sympathetic character.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:13 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:This is a silly argument. For starters, there isn't anything better than Game Of Thrones. :roll:

Anyhoo, back to the characters: The characters I really like (Jon Snow's not unlikeable by any means, but he is kinda wooden) are Littlefinger, Tyrion, Jojen Reed, Beric Dondarrion (yeah, I know), and Thoros of Myr. And Arya, I guess, who couldn't feel bad for her at this point?

As Justified made Boyd Crowder a sympathetic character too. As a fan of both shows I even admit that Justified is slightly better than GoT.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:48 am

Zechs wrote:

As Justified made Boyd Crowder a sympathetic character too. As a fan of both shows I even admit that Justified is slightly better than GoT.

Yeah, I'd say Justified and Mad Men both edge of GoT at the moment, Breaking Bad too. I love GoT a hell of a lot, but some of the flaws in the source material are unavoidable and the TV sized budget has forced a lot of major battles to go off screen. That's not the show's fault but it's also something that isn't going to affect the other shows mentioned. Meth is cheaper to film than dragons.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:46 am

I think the writing is stronger on GoT, budget or adaptation issues be damned. And I love Justified. I love Breaking Bad. I love Sons. These are all some of the best shows on TV in the last decade. But I think GoT is on another level in pretty much every way.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:48 am

SPARTACUS

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:30 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:This is a silly argument. For starters, there isn't anything better than Game Of Thrones. :roll:

One of my favorites is Loras Tyrell, Knight of the Flowers and the best there is at what he does (having fun with other boys, that is).

leave a comment with facebook