Friday, August 26, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Geek Pride Parade

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat May 25, 2013 10:20 am

So, the Sci Fi and Fantasy bookstore in town moved to larger premises today (in itself a great bit of good news), so to celebrate they organised a Geek Pride Parade from the old store to the new, and we went with the kids. It was led by some Imperial Stormtroopers and Boba Fett, alongside some Hobbits, and soundtracked by a marching band playing sci-fi and fantasy themes. It was just a great day!

More pictures to come, hopefully, once my phone is charged.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat May 25, 2013 10:25 am

Anyway, there were around 1500 people in the parade and the queue for the cashiers in the store went round the block. We managed to get a few good shots, but my phone ran out of batteries too soon.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat May 25, 2013 11:36 am

That last picture is of the elevator in the new store. And yes, it does make the Tardis sound as it goes.

Also, Dan Abnett was signing there both today and yesterday.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat May 25, 2013 11:40 am

nietoperz wrote:That last picture is of the elevator in the new store. And yes, it does make the Tardis sound as it goes.

Also, Dan Abnett was signing there both today and yesterday.

:shock:

I want to visit there!!!!

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Sat May 25, 2013 12:30 pm

I thought the bar in town with the Tardis bathroom was cool.

This does look like a lot of fun. It's great that a bookstore can put something like this together, and get great business out of it.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat May 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Royal Nonesuch wrote:I thought the bar in town with the Tardis bathroom was cool.

This does look like a lot of fun. It's great that a bookstore can put something like this together, and get great business out of it.

Agreed. And also, as I say, it's wonderful that they were doing enough business in their old, relatively out-of-the-way location to be able to move to the middle of the busiest shopping street in town, especially in this day and age of book and record stores closing down.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat May 25, 2013 12:35 pm

We hate our bookstores here.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat May 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:We hate our bookstores here.

That's one thing I'll say for this country: we love books and bookstores and treat them with respect.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat May 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Awesome!

Well done, Sweden! I take back everything I said about you! :groucho:

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun May 26, 2013 10:31 am

Lord Simian wrote:Awesome!

Well done, Sweden! I take back everything I said about you! :groucho:

Remember: Annie's going to want to come and trace her roots one of these days...

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun May 26, 2013 11:14 am

nietoperz wrote:
Remember: Annie's going to want to come and trace her roots one of these days...

Hopefully, that day will coincide with another NerdFest!

leave a comment with facebook