Advertisement

GIJoe Club!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: GIJoe Club!

Postby Zechs » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:23 am

Basil Smotherman Jr. wrote:So I was able to find some digital copies of GI Joe 60 - 155 and I made it to issue 100 while on vacation. I collected the 60 issues as a kid in the 80s. This was the first time I got to read the full Snake Eyes trilogy and the return of the real CC.

I have to say, for all of the people who complained about Duke, CC, and the Baroness linked too closely in the movie, it was pretty mild to what Hama did in the comics.

Yeah, but in that case it was Snake-Eyes who was linked to CC and Baroness not Duke. :P Plus CC and Baroness as brother/sister? That's some Wanda/Pietro levels of subtext there in that movie.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:08 am

So guess what just popped up on Netflix?

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

COBRA Command
cheese

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: It's all about me.
Formerly: a used-car salesman

Postby COBRA Command » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:31 am

Zechs wrote:So guess what just popped up on Netflix?

It's so disappointing how bad Hasbro flubbed the marketing on Renegades. Instead we get the shitty packaging and articulation of a movie line that takes 10 steps back from what they accomplished with the short lived Pursuit of Cobra and 30th waves. At least the Crimson Guard and Night Viper figures carried over.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:44 am

US Agent wrote:
It's so disappointing how bad Hasbro flubbed the marketing on Renegades. Instead we get the shitty packaging and articulation of a movie line that takes 10 steps back from what they accomplished with the short lived Pursuit of Cobra and 30th waves. At least the Crimson Guard and Night Viper figures carried over.

Dude Hasbro has gone soft period in all their lines. Look at the current Star Wars or Avengers movie line and you see Hasbro has gotten REAL cheap and has taken ten steps backward on all their lines besides G.I. Joe. All the Star Wars figures in the regular line are shit. Seriously.. where are the new figures?! I feel like I'm in 1999 again seeing Episode I Vintage figures all over the place. Also re-releasing the worse figures in your line (the only Episode III Grievous, Trooper with the Rocket pack, and numerous others)? GEEZ.

We're just lucky we get three figures that have that kind of articulation in the Retaliation wave. Those two figures you mentioned and the Red Ninja (which is a repainted Renegades Storm Shadow).

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

COBRA Command
cheese

Postby COBRA Command » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Zechs wrote:
Dude Hasbro has gone soft period in all their lines. Look at the current Star Wars or Avengers movie line and you see Hasbro has gotten REAL cheap and has taken ten steps backward on all their lines besides G.I. Joe. All the Star Wars figures in the regular line are shit. Seriously.. where are the new figures?! I feel like I'm in 1999 again seeing Episode I Vintage figures all over the place. Also re-releasing the worse figures in your line (the only Episode III Grievous, Trooper with the Rocket pack, and numerous others)? GEEZ.

We're just lucky we get three figures that have that kind of articulation in the Retaliation wave. Those two figures you mentioned and the Red Ninja (which is a repainted Renegades Storm Shadow).

This lull has about killed my interest in Joe. The more I learn about the movie the less I think it's going to be a hit and the more I think it's going to be another ROC disappointment. It'll do alright it's first weekend, but it's going to get killed the week after when Spiderman hits.

The toys aren't going to sell. The vehicles are the same garbage molds they've been rehashing for the past decade. Another AWE, another Water Moccasin, another HISS.

:ick:

And if they can't get the lines into stores it won't matter anyway. The last two waves of the 30th were excellent, but no one could find the damn things. There was a couple weeks window when they hit Target and Walmart, but it was a short window at best. The pegs are filled with Renegades CC and Firefly around me. They always overpack the characters that sell the least.

The IDW comics are ridiculous. Dixon is just setting up the new CC to be eventually taken out as he pisses off every member of Cobra. ARAH is still a habit, but even that book isn't all that. Thankfully there's only one classic trade left and the collection is complete! Unless they do the European missions and a trade that ties up loose ends with stories not yet collected.

The Club... don't get me started on that amateur hour operation there. The way they handled the credit hack and their inability to get out any new information on the con which is three months away just goes to show how in over their heads they are. I hope my Footloose figure makes it, but to be honest with how much Dial Tone is getting on the secondary market I might just bail and sell of my last footlocker of Joes and just keep the trades I have left.

It's sad really. There's a new movie coming out, but the brand feels like it's at an all time low.

I can't pick up Marvel U figures. Those figures are shit. Cheap plastic, crappy articulation, and I haven't been able to give money to Star Wars figs since Episode 1 flooded the market.

Hasbro needs to get its head screwed on straight, because the quality has been sadly thrown out.

Lego is about the only company that is still consistently good with their offerings. I can't wait for the LOTR sets.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:10 pm

Tell me about it.

Hasbro totally feels like a different company than it did last year. Everything feels cheap and worse.. it feels like a rip-off now. The weird thing is Marvel Universe of all lines is the only one that remains unharmed by this all. Well save that it's now suffering the same problems as G.I. Joe did last year. Wal-Mart for the most part gotten rid of MU near me. Target sucks save for the two-packs. The only one who's been getting updated figures is Toys R Us.

God I don't even want to think about the next movie line. The cards on them look terrible (even if some of the figures are good). But damn it sucks.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Japanese Trailer that's has a couple new clips of Storm Shadow:

Also slight spoiler for Cobra Commander:

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2012/02/d ... i-joe.html

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
"No [it's not the same character that Joseph Gordon-Levitt played], but we figured out a way that's pretty nice. And you get the Cobra Commander that you've always wanted. Or, to me, what I always wanted: a bad-ass villain. He's one of the most iconic villains ever. I'm even following him on Twitter - he's so funny." Intriguing to say the least, but as long as it doesn't turn out to be Channing Tatum I guess I can live with it...

Interesting. Also one missing villain from Rise appears to do have a cameo in this movie, Destro.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

COBRA Command
cheese

Postby COBRA Command » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Zechs wrote:

Interesting. Also one missing villain from Rise appears to do have a cameo in this movie, Destro.

Ugh... I hope they don't take the IDW approach where the Commander is a position and not a specific person, so this is like the Krake CC. I've hated that approach since IDw killed off the first Commander. Hell I even hated it when Hama "killed off" CC in the Marvel comics. At least in the approach it was a guy pretending to be CC.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:30 pm

US Agent wrote:
Ugh... I hope they don't take the IDW approach where the Commander is a position and not a specific person, so this is like the Krake CC. I've hated that approach since IDw killed off the first Commander. Hell I even hated it when Hama "killed off" CC in the Marvel comics. At least in the approach it was a guy pretending to be CC.

Perhaps... But I think this as a measure to distance themselves more from Rise of Cobra. I think perhaps they're either having Rex be one part of a larger scheme that the real Commander is behind.

All I care is if they give Charlie Adler gets to be the voice of Cobra Commander.

Though I did too, but you knew Hama would bring him back. Because he's such a good bastard. Plus you knew the moment Serpentor bought the original CC was coming back.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Approaching with less articulation wave (well save for the ninjas, Night Viper, and Crimson Guard) got you down? DISCOUNT JOES TO THE RESCUE!!!

This first wave will be popping up at dollar stores. I want that CC.. and maybe Storm Shadow.. Shipwreck.. okay and Snake-Eyes.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

COBRA Command
cheese

Postby COBRA Command » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:24 am

Zechs wrote:Approaching with less articulation wave (well save for the ninjas, Night Viper, and Crimson Guard) got you down? DISCOUNT JOES TO THE RESCUE!!!

This first wave will be popping up at dollar stores. I want that CC.. and maybe Storm Shadow.. Shipwreck.. okay and Snake-Eyes.

There's a repaint wave coming too.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:13 am

US Agent wrote:
There's a repaint wave coming too.

Yup posted that in the Toy Shed.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu May 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Posted my first look at the G.I. Joe: Retaliation Wave One figures in the Toy Shed thread. And I'm SERIOUSLY considering buying that adult CC costume. http://www.squidoo.com/gi-joe-retaliation-costumes

:P

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 466 posts

Re:

Postby Draco x » Thu May 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:
Lamest character EVER!

But in that movie Jinx was the hotness.....

I thought Serpentor, Mindbender, Metalhead, the Headman and Lifeline were the lamest Joes characters ever.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri May 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Just to give you all a heads up Hasbro has issued a statement on the fate of the movie line toys. I posted it as an update to the front page.

G.I. Joe is an ongoing consumer franchise and therefore there is merchandise available to consumers. There is a limited amount of G.I. Joe Retaliation product at retail now, but in light of the movie moving out to March 29, 2013, the majority of the movie line will be made available early next year in time for the film's release.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum