Advertisement

GODZILLA!!!!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 524 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: GODZILLA!!!!

Postby sdsichero » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:26 pm

Zechs wrote:

Now we need a Destroyah so we can renact dropping that Godzilla Jr. several stories.

I wonder if it is too late for this Facebook poll?
https://www.facebook.com/questions/428660600486444/
Image Image Image ImageImage

Advertisement

iggy
Snake On A Plane

Liked in: 0 post

Postby iggy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:03 am

sdsichero wrote:x-posted in toy shed thread

Finally a nice pic of the S.H. MonsterArts Ghidorah toy.

http://www.figures.com/forums/news/15662-s-h-monsterarts-king-ghidorah.html

Mother of God, that thing is sexy!

Wife has somehow went her entire life without seeing a Godzilla film or Toho films...period. Was lucky to catch the end of a Toho marathon on TCM that ended with House. Just started her on the Kaiju films. First two were Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster and Invasion of Astro Monster. Taking a Toho break and doing a Gamera marathon soon.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:59 am

iggy wrote:
Mother of God, that thing is sexy!

Wife has somehow went her entire life without seeing a Godzilla film or Toho films...period. Was lucky to catch the end of a Toho marathon on TCM that ended with House. Just started her on the Kaiju films. First two were Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster and Invasion of Astro Monster. Taking a Toho break and doing a Gamera marathon soon.

Nice. Your wife liked?

I might have to steal her!

haha. Cool. 8)

iggy
Snake On A Plane

Liked in: 0 post

Postby iggy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:28 am

sdsichero wrote:
Nice. Your wife liked?

I might have to steal her!

haha. Cool. 8)

No offense because I question my ability to do so at times as well but, I don't think you could handle her. 8)

Yeah, she liked 'em. She didn't like the noise Ghidorah made when flying, though. Too bad for her that he's my favorite. :P

House was just a little too eccentric for her tastes.

What I can't decide is where to go when we get back to the Godzilla films...after Gamera and a quick look at Seven Samurai and Yojimbo. I know the original is definitely on the list. I just can't decided whether to stick with showing her the original Showa stuff or give her a preview of the Heisei and Millennium stuff. Any ideas would be greatly welcome.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:15 pm

iggy wrote:
No offense because I question my ability to do so at times as well but, I don't think you could handle her. 8)

Yeah, she liked 'em. She didn't like the noise Ghidorah made when flying, though. Too bad for her that he's my favorite. :P

House was just a little too eccentric for her tastes.

What I can't decide is where to go when we get back to the Godzilla films...after Gamera and a quick look at Seven Samurai and Yojimbo. I know the original is definitely on the list. I just can't decided whether to stick with showing her the original Showa stuff or give her a preview of the Heisei and Millennium stuff. Any ideas would be greatly welcome.

I doubt I could handle her as well, so there you go.

It's hard to say, depends on how she likes her monsters. The original is pretty different from most that came after it to me. I actually like the funny and funky Godzilla, where he is almost a hero; and visually I just love when they have a whole bunch of monsters in one movie (eg. Destroy All Monsters). I like watching the Heisei and Millenium versions but they have less of a place in my heart than the showa ones.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 208 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:41 pm

sdsichero wrote:
I doubt I could handle her as well, so there you go.

It's hard to say, depends on how she likes her monsters. The original is pretty different from most that came after it to me. I actually like the funny and funky Godzilla, where he is almost a hero; and visually I just love when they have a whole bunch of monsters in one movie (eg. Destroy All Monsters). I like watching the Heisei and Millenium versions but they have less of a place in my heart than the showa ones.

Bah! Heisei holds a special part in my heart since it's the only Godzilla movies I ever saw in a theater (Godzilla 1985).

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Zechs wrote:

Bah! Heisei holds a special part in my heart since it's the only Godzilla movies I ever saw in a theater (Godzilla 1985).

Children :roll:

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:02 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Children :roll:

Come on and smack me with that cane of your's old man!!

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Zechs wrote:
Come on and smack me with that cane of your's old man!!

I'm not into your fetishes man

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:18 pm

sdsichero wrote:
I'm not into your fetishes man

Whatever grandpa.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:33 pm

http://skreeonk.com/2012/07/17/godzilla ... up-nicely/

A very generous and eager employee of Echo Bridge has joined the Toho Kingdom Forums fray! The kind soul, known as MXG744, first released the draft-cover for their new release of GvsBio in conjunction with Miramax. We broke the art a few days ago, but now I’ve received personal permission to keep the art up. Here it is! Check the rest of the article below the cover for some excellent excerpts from MXG744 on the release!

Echo Bridge’s DVD department has quite a bit of experience in “fandom” entertainment, having released many Asylum titles, among other sci-fi and horror films (etc). The cover art above has received several comparisons to Asylum DVD cover art, which now makes sense. Some of the same fans making these comparisons over at Toho Kingdom have spoken out to MXG744, and here’s what he had to say on the matter:

I actually sent almost all of you guys’ art related comments on to our marketing and art design team, maybe they can do something with it. What would you say if we offered a printable alternate cover like a few video games in the past have done?

Sounds pretty sweet, eh? He also had this to add:

Also, I just got two approvals this morning. It looks like we have the OK from Toho for us to use some of the bonus features from their BD release. And I got the approval to work with Ed G on some supplemental bonus features from my bosses as well. So now I just have to figure out English subtitles and how much we can fit on the disc.

Special features? Check. Ed Godizewski’s involvement? Check! This release seems to be shaping up nicely! And we can thank Mr. MXG744 specifically. Apparently, Echo Bridge almost released a very sub-par version of GvsBio a year ago:

I am currently managing the authoring of just over 100 DVDs and BDs mixed. That number is in fluctuation all the time and is odd to consider really. When I started this position in 2005, I only managed the authoring of around 500 discs up through 2007 when I moved on to some other duties for a few years. Now we are regularly authoring 30+ per month and have big upswings like right now every 6 months. In just the last 10 months we have authored 800+ discs!So, yeah, GvB is very special. There are a lot of films and discs that don’t even get a second thought about them here. We just churn them out and no one thinks about it. I’m truly excited and happy that I convinced my bosses to stop the release last year. I don’t think I ever told anyone on this site, but we were sooooo close to releasing the DVD last year with audio that I think sounds worse than any previous release, and the video wasn’t much better. Everyone just thought we got a master for the film, so it must be good. Somehow though, in some strange moment of G-inspiration, I just said no. I told them its unacceptable and unfixable. Now here we are, well over a year later and the master is close to acceptable and we are looking forward to a release both we and the fans can be proud of, hopefully!

And for that, we all thank you Good Sir!
With the release of GvsBio – only Godzilla 1985 stands unreleased on a Region 1 DVD. This is the icing on the cake:

…No one has released Godzilla 1985 on DVD in the US before, so maybe I can convince our acquisitions team to look into that if this release does well.

That would be fantastic, indeed! Lets support our fandom and these future releases by purchasing Echo Bridge’s Godzilla vs Biollante DVD/BluRay, yes? I know I will be!
MXG744 has discussed the possibility of some GvsBio exclusives here on Skreeonk.com, so stay tuned for more news! Until then ,True Believers!

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:17 pm

I like the name of that website.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 326 posts

Postby Draco x » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:42 pm

My favorite Godzilla flick was the one where he fights Mecha Godzilla for the first time.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Something slse for Zechs to buy...

S.H. Monsterarts Destroyah

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 326 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:40 pm

I do hope the new Godzilla film redeems that shitfest from the 90's American version which was a Jurassic Park knockoff.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum