Advertisement

Grand Theft Auto 5

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5

Postby bkthomson » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:45 am

eltopo wrote:cool
I can't wait to get to the heists

That may take me a while thought I'm really enjoying dicking around with all the side shit

By 'Dicking' you mean hooking up with prostitutes or side missions?
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Advertisement

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Postby eltopo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:57 am

bkthomson wrote:
By 'Dicking' you mean hooking up with prostitutes or side missions?

hhaha nah not yet
I haven't gone to the strip club either

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 49 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:20 am

Ive taken many a trip to titty city with franklin. Hes been in a strip club like... 3 times when I switched back to him from Michael.

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:03 am

Chris wrote:Ive taken many a trip to titty city with franklin. Hes been in a strip club like... 3 times when I switched back to him from Michael.

ha awesome

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:08 am

I am crap at losing cops,it took me forever to lose them after one of franklin's missions

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 42 posts

Postby KingPagla » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Gamer die-hards posed as cops to get ‘GTA V’
By Joe Tacopino and Antonio AntenucciSeptember 17, 2013 | 11:12pm
http://nypost.com/2013/09/17/life-imita ... av-sooner/
Three dopes from Staten Island were so hot to play a video game about being criminals, they got arrested for posing as cops, sources said.
The trio were busted Tuesday when they claimed to be officers so they could cut in front of a line of hundreds of other people and buy a copy of the video game “Grand Theft Auto V,” according to police.
Kirolos Abdel Sayed, 19, an auxiliary police officer, and his two buddies, Frank Santanastaso, 19, and Matthew Kirsheh, 20, allegedly strolled into the Staten Island Mall just after midnight and flashed a badge so they could get into a GameStop, cops said.

The fake cops even pulled up to the mall with a former unmarked police vehicle — which was bought at a police auction and was equipped with lights and siren, a source said.
Abdel Sayed said, “I’m with the NYPD,” so the trio could get into the mall, according to a source.
They then sauntered into a GameStop store and purchased a copy of the popular game before attempting to make their getaway.
But the crew must have been nervous because they ran a number of stop signs outside the mall parking lot and were quickly pulled over, police said.
The men were charged with criminal impersonation, and could face up to a year in jail.
In the crime- and violence-packed video game, players assume the role of gangsters, stabbing and shooting their way to the top of a fictional city based on Los Angeles.
Put out by Rockstar games, the “Grand Theft Auto” series has garnered huge sales and critical acclaim. It has also drawn controversy because it allows the players freedom to go on violent rampages, killing cops and hookers.
As excitement built for the release on Monday, gamers waited in line around the world.
One man in London was stabbed and robbed of the game, the BBC reported.
One store in Australia even put out fake drug paraphernalia on the counter as a prop for the game’s debut.
The game is expected to sell 20 million copies and rake in over $1 billion.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:12 pm

eltopo wrote:I am crap at losing cops,it took me forever to lose them after one of franklin's missions

I think they are too easy to lose actually.

With the cone of vision you can easily tell where they are and just have to be crafty long enough.

Try lots of alley ways. Jump off overpasses... Changing levels seems to fool them a lot. Also if you are near the storm drain, drive down there. It's super easy to lose them there. Especially if you find a tunnel.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:14 pm

Also FYI, using cheats only disables achievements for your current session. So once you quit the game, they will be back when you logon again.

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Chris wrote:I think they are too easy to lose actually.

With the cone of vision you can easily tell where they are and just have to be crafty long enough.

Try lots of alley ways. Jump off overpasses... Changing levels seems to fool them a lot. Also if you are near the storm drain, drive down there. It's super easy to lose them there. Especially if you find a tunnel.

yeah I kept almost losing them and then tried to switch cars and they'd pop back up
I just need to practice more

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Chris wrote:Also FYI, using cheats only disables achievements for your current session. So once you quit the game, they will be back when you logon again.

that's cool

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1075 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Haven't had a chance to pick this up or play it yet but I was watching World War Z last night and it occurred to me that Rockstar needs to either make a zombie DLC for this game or create a zombie game using this engine. Instead of things like playing the stock market or tennis, your character would need to hot wire cars, break into stores for supplies, and fortify their camps. It could be huge!

As far as this game goes, I'll probably pick it up on Saturday and start playing it on Sunday. Usually Grand Theft Auto games bore the shit out of me after a couple of missions but everything I have heard about this one sounds like a massive improvement over previous versions of the game.
ImageImageImage

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:55 pm

I was driving to the military base, and came upon what looked like a massacre on the side of the road. 4 or 5 cars in a circle. Bodies everywhere. Some of them alive, but crawling around. And a briefcase on the ground a little ways away next two two bodies. I killed the survivors near the cars, and went down to the stragglers... one was crawling away, and saying something about leaving the briefcase alone. So I killed him, and grabbed the briefcase. It held $20,000. I get back in my car and drive off. Not a minute later, two cars start chasing me. They run me off the road, and a shootout ensues. It was their briefcase.

Long story short... I killed them, and $20,000 richer.

So.. be on the lookout in the northwest highway that runs along the ocean, in the general vicinity of the air base.

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:45 am

Chris wrote:I was driving to the military base, and came upon what looked like a massacre on the side of the road. 4 or 5 cars in a circle. Bodies everywhere. Some of them alive, but crawling around. And a briefcase on the ground a little ways away next two two bodies. I killed the survivors near the cars, and went down to the stragglers... one was crawling away, and saying something about leaving the briefcase alone. So I killed him, and grabbed the briefcase. It held $20,000. I get back in my car and drive off. Not a minute later, two cars start chasing me. They run me off the road, and a shootout ensues. It was their briefcase.

Long story short... I killed them, and $20,000 richer.

So.. be on the lookout in the northwest highway that runs along the ocean, in the general vicinity of the air base.

ha that is fucking rad

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:58 am

Grayson wrote:Haven't had a chance to pick this up or play it yet but I was watching World War Z last night and it occurred to me that Rockstar needs to either make a zombie DLC for this game or create a zombie game using this engine. Instead of things like playing the stock market or tennis, your character would need to hot wire cars, break into stores for supplies, and fortify their camps. It could be huge!

As far as this game goes, I'll probably pick it up on Saturday and start playing it on Sunday. Usually Grand Theft Auto games bore the shit out of me after a couple of missions but everything I have heard about this one sounds like a massive improvement over previous versions of the game.

yeah that would be pretty awesome

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 959 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:48 am

So I got this last night and played for an hour or two. Haven't gotten to do too much yet, but holy crap is the game world amazing. It really shows that nobody does the open world city like GTA.

Also, this game drops the n bomb like crazy. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum