Sunday, December 4, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Special collector's edition 4D variant!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Green Lantern footage

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:18 pm

Kilowog looks cool!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:20 pm

That's looks way better than my fears were having me believe.

...and Kilowog!!!!!! :-D

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:23 pm

At 0:29 he really looks like Jordan to me

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:26 pm

K, that looks pretty cool

Benderbrau

Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:28 pm

I have yet to see anything that makes me think Ryan Reynolds is right for this role. He's not rugged looking at all and every time he talks he sounds like he's about to slip back into Van Wilder mode. I swear, he has one character mode: "snarky college frat boy".

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Niiiiiice

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:41 pm

Benderbrau wrote:I have yet to see anything that makes me think Ryan Reynolds is right for this role. He's not rugged looking at all and every time he talks he sounds like he's about to slip back into Van Wilder mode. I swear, he has one character mode: "snarky college frat boy".

If Jensen Ackles wasn't so damn short, he'd have been the perfect Hal Jordan. They're obviously going for the cocky arrogant stick jockey, and Reynolds can certainly do cocky and arrogant. But there's that edge that Jordan has that Reynolds simply doesn't convey. Ackles has it. But doesn't have the height.

But I dunno. That footage is cool, I guess, but it was cut together too quick to really get a decent sense of whether it will be great or whether it will suck. I hope we see some footage that wasn't edited together by crackheads munching on sugar bombs.

Psivage

FROGMAN

Postby Psivage » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:43 pm

Benderbrau wrote:I have yet to see anything that makes me think Ryan Reynolds is right for this role. He's not rugged looking at all and every time he talks he sounds like he's about to slip back into Van Wilder mode. I swear, he has one character mode: "snarky college frat boy".

Agree.

T.S.S.-72

Rain Partier

Postby T.S.S.-72 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:48 pm

Looks so much more awesome than I thought it was gonna be! :smt026

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:56 pm

That costume looks pretty cartoonish. I was actually getting flashbacks of that scene of Wolverine looking at his claws in the mirror, and that's not a good thing.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:02 am

That actually looked pretty good but the mask still looks like something rendered by the SyFy channel.

Kolimar

biny little tird

Postby Kolimar » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:13 am

It looks decent enough considering this is only half a minute of footage. The one thing I didn't like was when Reynolds suited up. It was way too fast. It should take a few seconds more to fully appreciate the effect of the energy covering his body and turning into the GL uniform. Seeing the hero suiting up doesn't take very long but, imho, it's essential to get it just right to get the audience in the right mood. It's the moment of transition where the hero goes from looking like a normal guy to a "super-hero". If it doesn't hook me, everything after that will be harder to swallow.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:40 am

I wonder why no-one is talking about it? :smt102

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:18 am

Ok, first thought for some reason was that this looks like something produced on TV. It did not hit me the same way most did.

blah

rubber spoon

Postby blah » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:27 am

Strict31 wrote:
If Jensen Ackles wasn't so damn short, he'd have been the perfect Hal Jordan. They're obviously going for the cocky arrogant stick jockey, and Reynolds can certainly do cocky and arrogant. But there's that edge that Jordan has that Reynolds simply doesn't convey. Ackles has it. But doesn't have the height.

But I dunno. That footage is cool, I guess, but it was cut together too quick to really get a decent sense of whether it will be great or whether it will suck. I hope we see some footage that wasn't edited together by crackheads munching on sugar bombs.

Isn't Jensen Ackles around 6 feet tall?

leave a comment with facebook