Tuesday, September 27, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Sometimes true. Always authentic."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Guess who finally jumped ship?!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:15 pm

Carrie wrote:TNA is still my favorite of the weekly wrestling shows, and I am obviously not alone or Vince wouldn't have to give away a million dollars to bring in viewers. :twisted: There are just a few things that put me off lately. One is Kaz. Am I the only one who sees how much he sucks? Another is the way they are destroying Petey Williams. They have a bad habit of overlooking their talent for showmanship, like with the Beautiful People and Kong (who is intimidating, yes, but she doesn't DO anything but smack people around and look scary). They need to give more push to people like Roxy who can actually perform. They also need to find another gimmick for ODB, since she seems to have actual talent, but holy crap is she annoying! I was actually kinda hopeful with this Kong vs the fans angle because I thought they might use the opportunity to go old school and have someone come out of the crowd and shock everyone by laying her out, but alas it's just more of Kong knocking people around and looking scary. :roll:

I think it WILL end that way, though. But you have to slow burn it: Kong has to destroy some fans for a while before the One shows up, you know?

I actually have never seen Roxy wrestle. I do like her, though, and from what I hear, she can kick some ass.

I hate ODB. She annoys me.

I don't care one way or the other for Kaz, he's just (like most of the TNA roster) THERE. I do agree about Petey Williams, somewhat. I don't care for him, but NOBODY should have to be "L'il Steiner".

You know, it's odd... I really don't care for Shark Boy's Stone Cold gimmick... but at the same time, I LOVE Jay Lethal's Macho Man gimmick... and I never truly liked the Macho Man! :D

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:36 pm

Carrie wrote:TNA is still my favorite of the weekly wrestling shows, and I am obviously not alone or Vince wouldn't have to give away a million dollars to bring in viewers. :twisted: There are just a few things that put me off lately. One is Kaz. Am I the only one who sees how much he sucks? Another is the way they are destroying Petey Williams. They have a bad habit of overlooking their talent for showmanship, like with the Beautiful People and Kong (who is intimidating, yes, but she doesn't DO anything but smack people around and look scary). They need to give more push to people like Roxy who can actually perform. They also need to find another gimmick for ODB, since she seems to have actual talent, but holy crap is she annoying! I was actually kinda hopeful with this Kong vs the fans angle because I thought they might use the opportunity to go old school and have someone come out of the crowd and shock everyone by laying her out, but alas it's just more of Kong knocking people around and looking scary. :roll:

Disagree on Kaz but I agree on almost everything else (poor Petey). I dislike ODB.

leave a comment with facebook