Advertisement

Gun Ads

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Nobama

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Gun Ads

Postby Nobama » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:22 pm

NuggetFiend wrote:A large vehicle has a primary purpose, transportation of people or cargo. It, like anything, can be used to kill. A guns primary and only purpose is to kill. You can use it to shoot targets or hammer your nails or as a paperweight, but it is an implement designed with that sole purpose in mind. I mean everyone has their own opinion on gun control but can't we do away with these absurd "But are we going to ban cars next?? How about knives??" argument.

Bolded above = Wrong.

It's really not that absurd. We all have opinions on this stuff. Some of us are wrong. Someday in our lifetimes we are going to find out who.

The evil people in this world who intend to do harm don't care about the rules. I'd rather be on the side capable of defending themselves and fighting back rather than those who are already dead because they couldn't/wouldn't/didn't want to.

Advertisement

Jubilee
Review Grouper

Formerly: Twigglet

Postby Jubilee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:24 pm

I'd rather be in a country where neither of the people in that scenario had a gun...
You don't have to like me
You don't have to respect me
But you will LISTEN to me.
-----
Always Right

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Jubilee wrote:I'd rather be in a country where neither of the people in that scenario had a gun...

That's not the world we live in. That's not reality.

Jubilee
Review Grouper

Formerly: Twigglet

Postby Jubilee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:28 pm

It is for me.
You don't have to like me
You don't have to respect me
But you will LISTEN to me.
-----
Always Right

NuggetFiend
Whale Castrato

Postby NuggetFiend » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:30 pm

lionel_luthor wrote:Bolded above = Wrong.

It's really not that absurd. We all have opinions on this stuff. Some of us are wrong. Someday in our lifetimes we are going to find out who.

The evil people in this world who intend to do harm don't care about the rules. I'd rather be on the side capable of defending themselves and fighting back rather than those who are already dead because they couldn't/wouldn't/didn't want to.

Wrong how? What is a guns purpose other than to kill? What other purpose could it be used for that wouldn't be better served by another implement?

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby dairydead » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:34 pm

NuggetFiend wrote:
Wrong how? What is a guns purpose other than to kill? What other purpose could it be used for that wouldn't be better served by another implement?

sport?
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:39 pm

I'm ok with people owning a pistol to protect their home or a rifle for hunting, but I don't understand the need for assault weapons or high capacity ammo clips.

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:43 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I'm ok with people owning a pistol to protect their home or a rifle for hunting, but I don't understand the need for assault weapons or high capacity ammo clips.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

NuggetFiend
Whale Castrato

Postby NuggetFiend » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:44 pm

dairydead wrote:
sport?

In my opinion, practicing to be more skilled with something does not change what the items function is.

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:47 pm

NuggetFiend wrote:
In my opinion, practicing to be more skilled with something does not change what the items function is.

So, all Olympian shooters are practicing to be better killing machines?

NuggetFiend
Whale Castrato

Postby NuggetFiend » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:51 pm

lionel_luthor wrote:So, all Olympian shooters are practicing to be better killing machines?

No, not necessarily. They are practicing to be more skilled with a weapon which was designed to kill.

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 pm

NuggetFiend wrote:
No, not necessarily. They are practicing to be more skilled with a weapon which was designed to kill.

Which isn't its only use.

NuggetFiend
Whale Castrato

Postby NuggetFiend » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:58 pm

lionel_luthor wrote:Which isn't its only use.

No, as we have been over you could stir your tea with it, use it to pistol-whip a guy, scare a horse by shooting it into the air...

You can use most anything to do most anything else. But a gun is designed with one purpose: to shoot a bullet or bullets or musket balls or pellets through a person or animals body with enough force to kill them. Practicing to be better with this weapon, or organizing competitions or your skill with this weapon, does not change its purpose.

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:03 pm

NuggetFiend wrote:No, as we have been over you could stir your tea with it, use it to pistol-whip a guy, scare a horse by shooting it into the air...

You can use most anything to do most anything else. But a gun is designed with one purpose: to shoot a bullet or bullets or musket balls or pellets through a person or animals body with enough force to kill them. Practicing to be better with this weapon, or organizing competitions or your skill with this weapon, does not change its purpose.

Dear NuggetFiend,

You are right. I think that's what you want to hear.

NuggetFiend
Whale Castrato

Postby NuggetFiend » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:07 pm

lionel_luthor wrote:Dear NuggetFiend,

You are right. I think that's what you want to hear.

Finally something we can agree on.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum