Monday, July 25, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Because comics!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Gun Ads

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:22 pm

NuggetFiend wrote:A large vehicle has a primary purpose, transportation of people or cargo. It, like anything, can be used to kill. A guns primary and only purpose is to kill. You can use it to shoot targets or hammer your nails or as a paperweight, but it is an implement designed with that sole purpose in mind. I mean everyone has their own opinion on gun control but can't we do away with these absurd "But are we going to ban cars next?? How about knives??" argument.

Bolded above = Wrong.

It's really not that absurd. We all have opinions on this stuff. Some of us are wrong. Someday in our lifetimes we are going to find out who.

The evil people in this world who intend to do harm don't care about the rules. I'd rather be on the side capable of defending themselves and fighting back rather than those who are already dead because they couldn't/wouldn't/didn't want to.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:24 pm

I'd rather be in a country where neither of the people in that scenario had a gun...

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Jubilee wrote:I'd rather be in a country where neither of the people in that scenario had a gun...

That's not the world we live in. That's not reality.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:28 pm

It is for me.

NuggetFiend

Whale Castrato

Postby NuggetFiend » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:30 pm

lionel_luthor wrote:Bolded above = Wrong.

It's really not that absurd. We all have opinions on this stuff. Some of us are wrong. Someday in our lifetimes we are going to find out who.

The evil people in this world who intend to do harm don't care about the rules. I'd rather be on the side capable of defending themselves and fighting back rather than those who are already dead because they couldn't/wouldn't/didn't want to.


Wrong how? What is a guns purpose other than to kill? What other purpose could it be used for that wouldn't be better served by another implement?
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:34 pm

NuggetFiend wrote:
Wrong how? What is a guns purpose other than to kill? What other purpose could it be used for that wouldn't be better served by another implement?


sport?
User avatar

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:39 pm

I'm ok with people owning a pistol to protect their home or a rifle for hunting, but I don't understand the need for assault weapons or high capacity ammo clips.

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:43 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I'm ok with people owning a pistol to protect their home or a rifle for hunting, but I don't understand the need for assault weapons or high capacity ammo clips.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

NuggetFiend

Whale Castrato

Postby NuggetFiend » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:44 pm

dairydead wrote:
sport?


In my opinion, practicing to be more skilled with something does not change what the items function is.

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:47 pm

NuggetFiend wrote:
In my opinion, practicing to be more skilled with something does not change what the items function is.

So, all Olympian shooters are practicing to be better killing machines?

NuggetFiend

Whale Castrato

Postby NuggetFiend » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:51 pm

lionel_luthor wrote:So, all Olympian shooters are practicing to be better killing machines?


No, not necessarily. They are practicing to be more skilled with a weapon which was designed to kill.

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 pm

NuggetFiend wrote:
No, not necessarily. They are practicing to be more skilled with a weapon which was designed to kill.

Which isn't its only use.

NuggetFiend

Whale Castrato

Postby NuggetFiend » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:58 pm

lionel_luthor wrote:Which isn't its only use.


No, as we have been over you could stir your tea with it, use it to pistol-whip a guy, scare a horse by shooting it into the air...

You can use most anything to do most anything else. But a gun is designed with one purpose: to shoot a bullet or bullets or musket balls or pellets through a person or animals body with enough force to kill them. Practicing to be better with this weapon, or organizing competitions or your skill with this weapon, does not change its purpose.

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:03 pm

NuggetFiend wrote:No, as we have been over you could stir your tea with it, use it to pistol-whip a guy, scare a horse by shooting it into the air...

You can use most anything to do most anything else. But a gun is designed with one purpose: to shoot a bullet or bullets or musket balls or pellets through a person or animals body with enough force to kill them. Practicing to be better with this weapon, or organizing competitions or your skill with this weapon, does not change its purpose.

Dear NuggetFiend,

You are right. I think that's what you want to hear.

NuggetFiend

Whale Castrato

Postby NuggetFiend » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:07 pm

lionel_luthor wrote:Dear NuggetFiend,

You are right. I think that's what you want to hear.


Finally something we can agree on.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GiveWarAChance, Grayson, pastajoe, sdsichero, Yahoo [Bot] and 41 guests