Saturday, February 24, 2018 • Morning Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Gun Ads

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

muddyglass

dr. strangelove

Postby muddyglass » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:07 pm

PDH wrote:
So there are people who are alive thanks to him. But you said that he couldn't say the same thing:

So, you were wrong.

That's what.

in avengingtitan's defense, i think saving people's lives while on active duty in the military is just on another level compared to having children. the former involves taking personal risk to benefit the greater good. that seems to be the point he was making.

(i'm not knocking nietoperz's adorable kids by the way.)

muddyglass

dr. strangelove

Postby muddyglass » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:37 pm

this thread reminded me of a series of youtube videos i've been watching over the past few days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfz7ENF ... 6g&index=1

they are videos of citizens turning their guns on criminals.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:01 pm

muddyglass wrote:
in avengingtitan's defense, i think saving people's lives while on active duty in the military is just on another level compared to having children. the former involves taking personal risk to benefit the greater good. that seems to be the point he was making.

(i'm not knocking nietoperz's adorable kids by the way.)

The argument was that nieto was not 'useful' because there were not people alive thanks to him. That argument was unsuccessful for the reasons pointed out. It doesn't matter who is the more useful overall (though I could see someone arguing that having and raising children is more difficult and more important on the whole) because I wasn't arguing that titan was useless, merely that nieto wasn't.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:16 am

Hope everyone here has an awesome Christmas.

These two cops families won't be.

http://news.yahoo.com/shootings-texas-w ... 52997.html

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:27 am

muddyglass wrote:this thread reminded me of a series of youtube videos i've been watching over the past few days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfz7ENF ... 6g&index=1

they are videos of citizens turning their guns on criminals.

Some of them really are brutal. Someone robs a house and gets shot dead? How horrible for everyone involved.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... oting.html

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:11 am

Jubilee wrote:
Some of them really are brutal. Someone robs a house and gets shot dead? How horrible for everyone involved.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... oting.html

I don't care if it is Christmas, someone who robs a house has no one to blame but themselves if they find themselves shot dead. Don't rob a house criminal, you won't be shot.

How horrible for the homeowner

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:45 am

lionel_luthor wrote:I don't care if it is Christmas, someone who robs a house has no one to blame but themselves if they find themselves shot dead. Don't rob a house criminal, you won't be shot.

How horrible for the homeowner

Surely a responsible and skilled gun owner could just shoot to cripple? Maybe just graze their head and knock them out or something?

I was going to take a picture for Jubilee of this house nearby that has wooden ammo boxes painted up with ribbons to look like presents in the front yard and fake candy cane-colored rifles planted next to them, but my phone battery was too low.

Merry Gun-Mas everybody!

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:05 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
Surely a responsible and skilled gun owner could just shoot to cripple? Maybe just graze their head and knock them out or something?

I was going to take a picture for Jubilee of this house nearby that has wooden ammo boxes painted up with ribbons to look like presents in the front yard and fake candy cane-colored rifles planted next to them, but my phone battery was too low.

Merry Gun-Mas everybody!

Technically you're trained to shoot until the threat is neutralized, whether it's a killshot to the torso or head. Shooting to cripple a threat isn't very smart because the target (a leg) is so much smaller than the torso. In the heat of the moment in defending yourself aim kinda goes out the window.

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:11 am

lionel_luthor wrote:Technically you're trained to shoot until the threat is neutralized, whether it's a killshot to the torso or head. Shooting to cripple a threat isn't very smart because the target (a leg) is so much smaller than the torso. In the heat of the moment in defending yourself aim kinda goes out the window.

It was a joke. And I hope the aim doesn't always go out the window, or else I feel sorry for your neighbors.

That...was also a joke.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:20 am

Victorian Squid wrote:

Merry Gun-Mas everybody!

:lol:

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:14 pm

:lol:

Windom URL

Rain Partier

Postby Windom URL » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:44 pm

True story, my cousin was asking me today at Christmas meal about guns, and if I owned any, or went shooting. He just got into them a few years ago, apparently, and I think he was looking for someone to go to the shooting range with. He seemed surprised when I said I hadn't fired one since my fateful time with the boy scouts as a kid. He also said the lines at the gun shops this week were so long that he keeps giving up on getting just a box of ammo and going home empty handed. Sometimes he said just the full parking lot this week was a deterrent.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:28 am

Victorian Squid wrote:True story, my cousin was asking me today at Christmas meal about guns, and if I owned any, or went shooting. He just got into them a few years ago, apparently, and I think he was looking for someone to go to the shooting range with. He seemed surprised when I said I hadn't fired one since my fateful time with the boy scouts as a kid. He also said the lines at the gun shops this week were so long that he keeps giving up on getting just a box of ammo and going home empty handed. Sometimes he said just the full parking lot this week was a deterrent.

Absolutely disgusting :-(

achilles

Silly French Man

Postby achilles » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Since someone, I don't recall who :P , made such a big deal about the wonderful effects of the handgun ban in Britain, I thought I'd post this article, which examines those effects. Oops, not so good after all...

The results have not been what proponents of the act wanted. Within a decade of the handgun ban and the confiscation of handguns from registered owners, crime with handguns had doubled according to British government crime reports. Gun crime, not a serious problem in the past, now is. Armed street gangs have some British police carrying guns for the first time. Moreover, another massacre occurred in June 2010. Derrick Bird, a taxi driver in Cumbria, shot his brother and a colleague then drove off through rural villages killing 12 people and injuring 11 more before killing himself.

And note how long that guy in the first incident was able to wander around town killing anyone he wanted when everyone else was disarmed.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:48 am

achilles wrote:Since someone, I don't recall who :P , made such a big deal about the wonderful effects of the handgun ban in Britain, I thought I'd post this article, which examines those effects. Oops, not so good after all...

And note how long that guy in the first incident was able to wander around town killing anyone he wanted when everyone else was disarmed.

Of course after a ban on handguns offences with firearms went up. It was then illegal to own a firearm and thus there were more arrests. :lol: It's simple.

The Cumbria shootings were absolutely horrible and once again many Brits realised how stupid it is to let people have access to these weapons.

http://www.news.com.au/national/us-gun- ... 543962179#

This article made sick. What horrible people.

leave a comment with facebook