Advertisement

Gun Ads

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

3MJ
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Gun Ads

Postby 3MJ » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:20 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
Surely a responsible and skilled gun owner could just shoot to cripple? Maybe just graze their head and knock them out or something?

I was going to take a picture for Jubilee of this house nearby that has wooden ammo boxes painted up with ribbons to look like presents in the front yard and fake candy cane-colored rifles planted next to them, but my phone battery was too low.

Merry Gun-Mas everybody!


:lol:

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 77144
Likes: 635 posts
Liked in: 1046 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Gun Ads

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:14 pm

:lol:
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31779
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Gun Ads

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:44 pm

True story, my cousin was asking me today at Christmas meal about guns, and if I owned any, or went shooting. He just got into them a few years ago, apparently, and I think he was looking for someone to go to the shooting range with. He seemed surprised when I said I hadn't fired one since my fateful time with the boy scouts as a kid. He also said the lines at the gun shops this week were so long that he keeps giving up on getting just a box of ammo and going home empty handed. Sometimes he said just the full parking lot this week was a deterrent.

3MJ
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Gun Ads

Postby 3MJ » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:28 am

Victorian Squid wrote:True story, my cousin was asking me today at Christmas meal about guns, and if I owned any, or went shooting. He just got into them a few years ago, apparently, and I think he was looking for someone to go to the shooting range with. He seemed surprised when I said I hadn't fired one since my fateful time with the boy scouts as a kid. He also said the lines at the gun shops this week were so long that he keeps giving up on getting just a box of ammo and going home empty handed. Sometimes he said just the full parking lot this week was a deterrent.


Absolutely disgusting :-(

achilles
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11297
Likes: 211 posts
Liked in: 278 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:45 pm
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!


Online


Re: Gun Ads

Postby achilles » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Since someone, I don't recall who :P , made such a big deal about the wonderful effects of the handgun ban in Britain, I thought I'd post this article, which examines those effects. Oops, not so good after all...

The results have not been what proponents of the act wanted. Within a decade of the handgun ban and the confiscation of handguns from registered owners, crime with handguns had doubled according to British government crime reports. Gun crime, not a serious problem in the past, now is. Armed street gangs have some British police carrying guns for the first time. Moreover, another massacre occurred in June 2010. Derrick Bird, a taxi driver in Cumbria, shot his brother and a colleague then drove off through rural villages killing 12 people and injuring 11 more before killing himself.


And note how long that guy in the first incident was able to wander around town killing anyone he wanted when everyone else was disarmed.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

3MJ
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Gun Ads

Postby 3MJ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:48 am

achilles wrote:Since someone, I don't recall who :P , made such a big deal about the wonderful effects of the handgun ban in Britain, I thought I'd post this article, which examines those effects. Oops, not so good after all...



And note how long that guy in the first incident was able to wander around town killing anyone he wanted when everyone else was disarmed.


Of course after a ban on handguns offences with firearms went up. It was then illegal to own a firearm and thus there were more arrests. :lol: It's simple.

The Cumbria shootings were absolutely horrible and once again many Brits realised how stupid it is to let people have access to these weapons.

http://www.news.com.au/national/us-gun- ... 543962179#

This article made sick. What horrible people.

3MJ
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Gun Ads

Postby 3MJ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:55 am

Image

DMM
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23820
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:15 pm
Location: Philly
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual


Re: Gun Ads

Postby DMM » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:26 am

Jubilee wrote:
Of course after a ban on handguns offences with firearms went up. It was then illegal to own a firearm and thus there were more arrests. :lol: It's simple.

The Cumbria shootings were absolutely horrible and once again many Brits realised how stupid it is to let people have access to these weapons.

http://www.news.com.au/national/us-gun- ... 543962179#

This article made sick. What horrible people.

What did these people do that's so horrible? They are posing with the presents they got for Christmas. They haven't done anything wrong.
Image

NuggetFiend
Whale Castrato
 
Posts: 104
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:42 pm


Re: Gun Ads

Postby NuggetFiend » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:30 am

Funny story, I was at an old friends house Wednesday playing cards (poker and Magic) with a bunch of my long-time pals. Gun control comes up because of Sandy Hook, and 5 minutes later we have two handguns out and being passed around to look at and comment on. With a 4 year old present. I had to laugh and I actually thought about Twigg and what he would make of such a scene. I have to say, I definitely felt much less safe.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31779
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Gun Ads

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:32 am

Jubilee wrote:Image


Don't forget, though, that many teachers here are also proud gun owners, and would likely welcome the additional bolster to their authority and sense of security that a firearm in school would bring them.

Or that some areas already do this.

Not all teachers would be for initiatives to arm more staff or security, but many would be in favor of some of them. I feel like you might imagine gun ownership as being roughly split along some sort of intellectual divide, but it's not that simple.

3MJ
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Gun Ads

Postby 3MJ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:34 am

DMM wrote:What did these people do that's so horrible? They are posing with the presents they got for Christmas. They haven't done anything wrong.


Seems like they're weird in the head to me. Celebrating getting a weapon for Christmas when a few days earlier people were mowed down with similar weapons.

Nugget, your post reminds me of this post I've seen on another forum.

I currently live and work in America having spent the first 25 years of my life in the UK. Although i've been here for 17 years i still cannot get my head around the gun culture.

My brother in law received a pistol for Christmas which in itself is not a problem as far as i'm concerned. My beef occurred when he decided to bring the gun into my inlaws wife without getting prior approval from my inlaws. My main disgust is based on the fact this "dude" knew there were a number of kids in the house including 4 impressionable 3 year olds. The 'dude" brought his new present into the living room with a grin like he had just won the lottery and proceeded to show everyone and his dog his new manhood. Not surprisingly one of the 3 year boys saw the gun and thought "cool let me hold it". The dude then proceeded to knock the 3 year old out of the way saying " you cannot hold it it's not a toy".

Well mister genius if you bring a gun into a room full of inquisitive kids who have only seen toy guns before and then you start prancing around with the gun in front of the kids guess what, the kids are going to want to play with what they believe is a toy.

I do not have an issue with owning a gun but i do massively object to inexperienced, untrained and un licensed gun owners bringing weapons to a Christmas party full of kids, when he did not even have permission from the home owners or the other parents present.

I made my opinions on his actions clear and suggested he consider at least signing up for a training class before he starts waiving his new gun around. I then was lambasted by two other family members and was called a socialist and told they did not appreciate my socialist views.

Well f*** you John Wayne i do not appreciate you flashing your "piece" in front of my kids when i have not had a chance to talk to them about gun safety.

I was also given a lecture on how the bible and the constitution are two God inspired documents that where given to the citizens of the US and that if I disagreed with the constitution then I’m basically calling God a naughty name.

I don't understand people buying guns for home protection before they buy an alarm system. Surely preventing an intruder getting into your house is more effective than trying to find your gun in it's locked safe in the dark, then finding the ammo and loading the gun and then confronting the intruder when you are not trained in correct gun usage. From the people I’ve talked to it seems at least 50% of gun owners in the US fit into this category.



:outhouse:

Nobama
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Gun Ads

Postby Nobama » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:34 am

Me thinks Twigg might very well be the least tolerant member of this forum, possibly the least tolerant person I've ever come in contact with. You keep refering to anyone who has a different view point than you "horrible people'. That makes you "horrible people". Your agenda in this thread is becoming pure comedy. It's strange to see someone boast on and on and on about how right they think they are.
Last edited by Nobama on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

3MJ
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Re: Gun Ads

Postby 3MJ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:35 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
Don't forget, though, that many teachers here are also proud gun owners, and would likely welcome the additional bolster to their authority and sense of security that a firearm in school would bring them.

Or that some areas already do this.

Not all teachers would be for initiatives to arm more staff or security, but many would be in favor of some of them. I feel like you might imagine gun ownership as being roughly split along some sort of intellectual divide, but it's not that simple.


I don't mean school teachers Squid, I mean life teachers.

NuggetFiend
Whale Castrato
 
Posts: 104
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:42 pm


Re: Gun Ads

Postby NuggetFiend » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:36 am

lionel_luthor wrote:Me thinks Twigg might very well be the least tolerant member of this forum, possibly the least tolerant person I've ever come in contact with. You keep refering to anyone who has a different view point than you "horrible people'. That makes you "horrible people". Your agenda in this thread is becoming pure comedy. It's strange to see someone boast on and on and on about how right they are.


This coming from the guy who told people they would be horrible parents because they disagreed with him. You aren't exactly Mr. Tolerance yourself, fella.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31779
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Gun Ads

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:36 am

It does give one pause that we will be entering a new year much more massively armed as a country than we already were.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN NewsBlogs and 54 guests

Advertisement