Monday, May 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "SCORE! The Outhouse does it again!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Gun Ads

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:39 am

lionel_luthor wrote:Me thinks Twigg might very well be the least tolerant member of this forum, possibly the least tolerant person I've ever come in contact with. You keep refering to anyone who has a different view point than you "horrible people'. That makes you "horrible people". Your agenda in this thread is becoming pure comedy. It's strange to see someone boast on and on and on about how right they think they are.


Considering we have many racists and bigots we have on this forum, I think me not liking people posing with guns as toys is pretty standard.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:39 am

Victorian Squid wrote:It does give one pause that we will be entering a new year much more massively armed as a country than we already were.


It should give one pause.

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:41 am

NuggetFiend wrote:
This coming from the guy who told people they would be horrible parents because they disagreed with him. You aren't exactly Mr. Tolerance yourself, fella.

I really don't recall saying that people who disagreed with me are horrible parents. Pretty sure I said that people who think a good parent could produce an evil mass murderer would probably not turn out a good parent themselves. Two very different things. Funny how you revised history there though...

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:44 am

Here are the responses from another website what that article was posted on.

I despair, I really do


The amount of glee in these photos mere weeks after so many kids were murdered with the same gun is absolutely revolting.

Enjoy your Christmas, c*nts


Outrageous really. Why the fuck do these people need guns?



Those photos on the other page say it all don't they , fucking beyond help that country



I think I'm remarkably tolerant in comparison!

NuggetFiend

Whale Castrato

Postby NuggetFiend » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:52 am

lionel_luthor wrote:I really don't recall saying that people who disagreed with me are horrible parents.


How about here:

lionel_luthor wrote:I then surmise that you either are or will be a bad parent as well.


lionel_luthor wrote:Pretty sure I said that people who think a good parent could produce an evil mass murderer would probably not turn out a good parent themselves. Two very different things.


Yes, you told people who disagreed with you about your statement that they could not be good parents.

Nobama

Postby Nobama » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:19 pm

NuggetFiend wrote:
How about here:





Yes, you told people who disagreed with you about your statement that they could not be good parents.

Me = made a specific statement
You = made a false general accusation

Continue though, please
User avatar

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Jubilee wrote:Here are the responses from another website what that article was posted on.











I think I'm remarkably tolerant in comparison!

they're being stupid, too.
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:45 pm

User avatar

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Jubilee wrote:
Of course after a ban on handguns offences with firearms went up. It was then illegal to own a firearm and thus there were more arrests. :lol: It's simple.

The Cumbria shootings were absolutely horrible and once again many Brits realised how stupid it is to let people have access to these weapons.

http://www.news.com.au/national/us-gun- ... 543962179#

This article made sick. What horrible people.


Well, I can see you didn't actually read the article. It wasn't talking about people being arrested for having guns, though it did mention the very dangerous people who got arrested for finding guns and turning them promptly in to the police. It was talking about the sort of thing that was a crime BEFORE the ban. Such as using a gun in a crime. I will also point out that even in "gun free" places like Chicago, where they try their best to make sure law-abiding citizens are easy prey for criminals by disarming them--there is no place in America where a mass shooter could wander around for 8 hours picking people off with no response because no one else has a gun.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:08 pm

achilles wrote:
Well, I can see you didn't actually read the article. It wasn't talking about people being arrested for having guns, though it did mention the very dangerous people who got arrested for finding guns and turning them promptly in to the police. It was talking about the sort of thing that was a crime BEFORE the ban. Such as using a gun in a crime. I will also point out that even in "gun free" places like Chicago, where they try their best to make sure law-abiding citizens are easy prey for criminals by disarming them--there is no place in America where a mass shooter could wander around for 8 hours picking people off with no response because no one else has a gun.


!! How do you possibly know that?
User avatar

muddyglass

dr. strangelove

Postby muddyglass » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:54 pm

achilles wrote:there is no place in America where a mass shooter could wander around for 8 hours picking people off with no response because no one else has a gun.


alaska?

edit: michael silka was the name of the shooter. i remember watching a show on the military channel about two snipers taking him out from a hovering helicopter, ending his killing spree in alaska. silka was ex-military and he managed to kill one of the snipers before receiving the fatal shot.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:31 am

Check this out, Jubilee, there are over 8 million guns in Los Angeles alone.
User avatar

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:54 am

muddyglass wrote:
alaska?

edit: michael silka was the name of the shooter. i remember watching a show on the military channel about two snipers taking him out from a hovering helicopter, ending his killing spree in alaska. silka was ex-military and he managed to kill one of the snipers before receiving the fatal shot.


Not really what I meant. That was a case of a killer in a small, isolated town killing people without anyone else knowing about it until later. Not some guy who walked down the main drag shooting. I guarantee that the folks there were armed, and if someone knew, they would have responded. Which of course eventually did happen. When the townsfolk did realize what was happening, they lay in wait for him, ready to ambush him should he come back to his car, which he didn't.

As for the only other shooting which comes close to fitting the bill, the UT at Austin belltower shootings, it wasn't that citizens didn't have guns, but that they didn't have the right guns for the situation. There were a bunch of civilians and cops who very quickly were shooting back, but they were doing it with handguns, which didn't have the range or accuracy to hit the shooter, who did have a rifle. It was only when citizens and cops armed with rifles came around that they could hold the guy off enough for a group of citizens and cops armed with handguns to get into the belltower and kill the shooter.

But, hostage situations apart, no other mass shooting has gone on like the one across the pond.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:15 am

Victorian Squid wrote:Check this out, Jubilee, there are over 8 million guns in Los Angeles alone.

A quarter of those belong to Pirus and Crips...
User avatar

muddyglass

dr. strangelove

Postby muddyglass » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:59 am

achilles wrote:
Not really what I meant. That was a case of a killer in a small, isolated town killing people without anyone else knowing about it until later. Not some guy who walked down the main drag shooting. I guarantee that the folks there were armed, and if someone knew, they would have responded. Which of course eventually did happen. When the townsfolk did realize what was happening, they lay in wait for him, ready to ambush him should he come back to his car, which he didn't.

As for the only other shooting which comes close to fitting the bill, the UT at Austin belltower shootings, it wasn't that citizens didn't have guns, but that they didn't have the right guns for the situation. There were a bunch of civilians and cops who very quickly were shooting back, but they were doing it with handguns, which didn't have the range or accuracy to hit the shooter, who did have a rifle. It was only when citizens and cops armed with rifles came around that they could hold the guy off enough for a group of citizens and cops armed with handguns to get into the belltower and kill the shooter.

But, hostage situations apart, no other mass shooting has gone on like the one across the pond.


the most dangerous shooters are the ones with military training. both silka and whitman were excellent marksmen with military backgrounds. in these situations, if civilians were armed and attempted to try to take these guys out, the body count could become quite high. i know a partial solution is gun education for gun owners so they know how to use their weapons, but charles whitman was a trained u.s. marine after all...

i'm not saying the 8 hours response time in britain was wonderful or anything, but i think a gun battle with armed civilians might not really be the answer in all cases. the british case was mostly a problem with law enforcement not being armed, rather than civilians not being armed.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Earth-2 NoctourneM, Google [Bot], Grayson, Stephen Day and 46 guests