Advertisement

Gun Ads

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Re: Gun Ads

Postby MoneyMelon » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:00 pm

achilles wrote: And let's face it, elites like Obama do seem to be fine with them as long as it's their children being guarded. So why not at least see if it's feasible to try it for the rest of us

The Secret Service? :lol:

Advertisement

3MJ

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby 3MJ » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:25 pm

It's absolutely incredible. No matter how many articles like the Israel one are posted, the same myths are perpetuated.

The Obama's kids issue is unbelievable. I can't believe it's being used. Again I stress that Achilles is the poster who started talking about his favourite guns in the aurora massacre thread.

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:56 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:

Money Melon!!! *faints from joygasm*

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 554 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm

I think it would be cheaper and more effective to hire ninjas to protect our children. A ninja can disarm a shooter with a throwing star and he'll never see it coming. What is it going to take to make this happen?

And if not ninjas, how about robots?
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Start evolving bulletproof kids.

(It's more likely than responsible gun owners apparently)

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 132 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:11 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:

Funny, but no. The school his kids go to has other, privately hired armed guards.
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

achilles
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 132 posts
Title: Much Eviler Than GOSD!

Postby achilles » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Jubilee wrote:It's absolutely incredible. No matter how many articles like the Israel one are posted, the same myths are perpetuated.

The Obama's kids issue is unbelievable. I can't believe it's being used. Again I stress that Achilles is the poster who started talking about his favourite guns in the aurora massacre thread.

Yes, you can't believe an argument is being used that shows the hypocrisy of our leaders and elites. Well, ours, not yours. I really don't care about yours. Favorite guns? You're the one who brought that up. Claiming I turned some other thread into that. Please try to get your half baked crack-pot claims straight for a change... :wink:
Achilles is the kind of evil that hollows out a volcano for a lair, and sends killer robots after his enemies.---Lord Simian

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:48 pm

achilles wrote:
Yes, you can't believe an argument is being used that shows the hypocrisy of our leaders and elites. Well, ours, not yours. I really don't care about yours. Favorite guns? You're the one who brought that up. Claiming I turned some other thread into that. Please try to get your half baked crack-pot claims straight for a change... :wink:

I care about validating that claim. Because the Washington Post is reporting it's just another case of NRA make-believe. :lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fac ... _blog.html

Sidwell Friends, by the way, has two distinct campuses, a lower school in Bethesda and a middle and upper schools in Washington. So given shift rotations and three different schools, it appears that the 11 “armed guards” is really just one or two unarmed guards per school at a time.

Fact-checker gives it 4 Pinocchios, in fact! Because no one has ever reported seeing a single armed guiard there. :-D

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 73 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:52 pm

oogy wrote:A member of my family posted something similar to this on the Facebook this morning. :smt011

THis is the actual image that was posted on the Facebook:

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:53 pm

This truly is the Kali Yuga, for people to debase themselves to blindly swear by known liars and demagogues. :-(

To imagine that in the future ahead it must get even worse than this is almost too much to bear sometimes.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:38 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:This truly is the Kali Yuga, for people to debase themselves to blindly swear by known liars and demagogues. :-(

To imagine that in the future ahead it must get even worse than this is almost too much to bear sometimes.

Bears are a very good reason to have an AR-15.

Hab

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:46 pm

habitual wrote:
Bears are a very good reason to have an AR-15.

Hab

We've finally arrived at bears. :lol:

Just leave the bears alone! :x
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LobsterJ
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 30 posts

Postby LobsterJ » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:53 pm

achilles wrote:
Funny, but no. The school his kids go to has other, privately hired armed guards.

I'm sure you think the Washington Post is just lying, but they are reporting the school does not have armed guards.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fac ... _blog.html

edit: duh, didn't see this was already posted

3MJ

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby 3MJ » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Fantastic. I'm so proud this American board is exposing the lies.

I love you guys. Even Achilles.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:10 pm

I liked Achilles, it's just he's chosen to believe words that sound right to him without considering if they may be untrue or deceptive.

Always consider just as closely, or more closely, the assertions made by people with whom you would naturally agree, is what I try to remember. Remember that people will sell you a big lie by first telling you a small truth.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum